South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

I saw Brett Lee hit a six out of the Gabba, doesn't mean I want to open with him.
Although he'd be a better opener then Klinger - He could even roll the arm over for acouple of overs aswell!

Seriously, picking Klinger would only make comparisons between us the West Indies' downfall look even more convincing.

Picking Warner wasn't based on FRC runs, more the fact we could use another Gilly at the top of the order that can get us of to a flyer. Worth a shot since hes in great form right now. At worst pick him for the T20i.

I would love to see heaps of young big hitters in the team
Its also a chance to give them abit of a taste of int bowlers.

Cant see it happening though

But how good would it be to see Marsh an Warner opening
followed by hughes, D Hussey,Pomersbach out of form but think he would lift for the occasion an Clarke captain.

could all fail miserably but its a good chance to blood some new players into the team an gives them a taste at the next level coz in 2- 3 years time we will be needing heaps of good young players so any experience is good.

Will never happen though it will be basicly our 1day team with maybe 2 changes

Isnt there any Ian Harvey like guy you have now?

u mean a guy who isnt a star with the ball or bat but can be hard to score off yeah we got heaps of harvey like players.

James hopes
Andrew Mcdonald
Moises Henriques

I mean decent batter and a bowler who bowls all sorts of stuff and is hard to get away in death overs. James Hopes is no way near to Harvey though he almost won second final in 2008. Not know much about others.

Pomersbach getting picked for an ODI would not be healthy. The guy doesn't know how to play one dayers.

Allot of people underestimated how good Symond's actually was with the bat before he got the boot from the Australian team. He got his average to touch 45 after averaging under 20 with the bat after about 10-15 games.

Indeed, Symonds' Test batting is massively underrated. One of the victims of this 'technique' obsessed generation who have also underrated Dhoni's very real accomplishments in Test cricket.

manee added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Pomersbach getting picked for an ODI would not be healthy. The guy doesn't know how to play one dayers.

Definately agree, one of my pet hates is how often List A statistics are ignored in favour of FC statistics when selecting an ODI player.

Dhoni under-rated? His achievements are pretty well rated in Tests I think. He's not got a great record. Averaging 36, hasn't scored a hundred in 2 years. His captaincy has been impressive though, I'll give him that. Can't say he's particularly under-rated though, I'd say most Indian fans over-rate him if anything. I'd take Haddin and McCullum over Dhoni in Tests atm.

This India TV a low life moron. Now they have problem with the dismissal of Kallis :rolleyes: Claiming Ponting a bad man, etc ........ Telling that Asad rauf gave that out becasue he wanted Ponting to win and be that bad man. I would have not mind really BOMB their whole aspects. Why attacking Hotels ?? just go and BOMB them ;)

Dhoni under-rated? His achievements are pretty well rated in Tests I think. He's not got a great record. Averaging 36, hasn't scored a hundred in 2 years. His captaincy has been impressive though, I'll give him that. Can't say he's particularly under-rated though, I'd say most Indian fans over-rate him if anything. I'd take Haddin and McCullum over Dhoni in Tests atm.

Indeed, this is the issue. You'd take McCullum over Dhoni and yet McCullum has an average of 31.58 and 33.21 in 2008 whereas Dhoni's respective numbers are 36.14 and 35.16 (including five fifties in his last nine innings). As for Haddin, we'll see how he goes outside Australia, but he does look a class batsman.

That's bias towards McCullum though tbh, I just love watching him bat, he's probably my 2nd favourite player in the world atm. Statistically Dhoni's better, but I like McCullum's style, so hence would pick him over Dhoni :D. Haddin's record has improved immensely though since he first came into the side, looks an incredibly talented batsman. Ashes 09 will be his test though I think.

That's bias towards McCullum though tbh, I just love watching him bat, he's probably my 2nd favourite player in the world atm. Statistically Dhoni's better, but I like McCullum's style, so hence would pick him over Dhoni :D. Haddin's record has improved immensely though since he first came into the side, looks an incredibly talented batsman. Ashes 09 will be his test though I think.
Haddin is quite a strange one, he looked an absolute novice in India but yet looked absolute class in this series.

Yeh, even his keeping looked suspect in India. He's inexperienced though, so it was bound to take him time to get used to conditions. I do like Haddin's style though, I just love his relaxed manner when he just hops down the wicket and seems to just caress the ball over the boundary for six. He seems to get it right every time as well, very good to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread