South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

What so special about Bollinger except his name remind me of ginger. It will be intresting to see how much spin Hauritz gets.

Go ask Smith what he thinks of him! Numerous edges and all that without his main weapon with the swining ball.

Hashim Amla is playing great. His cover drives are just delicious.

Sidle has been in good rhythm and maybe spin at other end is what he needs. McDonald will be steady but dont see him troubling batsman unless its overcast or green surface.

What so special about Bollinger except his name remind me of ginger. It will be intresting to see how much spin Hauritz gets.

He's looked no worse than any other bowler in the series.

We missed a trick by continuing with McDonald after the first wicket. Hes a tight bowler but not what you need when a new batter is in.

I knew that Bollinger and McDonald would be useless. Nothing special about Bollinger - He dominates mediocre domestic batsman like Dan Marsh, Daniel Harris and Michael Klinger. His been destroyed whenever his bowled against an Australian batsman.

I've been robbed of my last chance to watch Matthew Hayden bat in Test Matches if Australia bat tomorrow because I don't own a pink shirt. :mad:

Pretty good day for us in the end. 2 more wickets wouldve been nice but we are still in a good position. The pitch playing some tricks allready and it will be hard work for batsmen on day 5. Just hope we won't blow away the advantage like we've done in the first 2 tests.

The ball spat off the cracks. Johnson put Smith's hand in a cast. The ball kept low. McKenzie was plumb. The best batting conditions of the match have come and gone, arguably they were used to greatest effect by tailenders. Considering it's only stumps on day 2, the pitch is looking a bit beaten. Cracks are apparent and the footmarks seem to extend all the way down. It's expected to take turn on day 4, but the endgame might begin some time on day 3 if Australia bowl well and take advantage of the limited assistance.

South Africa missed a trick with their catching which has previously been of the highest order of consistency. In a mirror of events at the MCG, South Africa needed to break the tail and start batting in great conditions, but chances were limited and the one they really needed to take off Johnson was spoiled by an ambitious dive from Kallis in front of Smith at first slip. They'd already let Clarke off the hook and both batsmen made good on their chances, with pundits expecting 350 tops, Australia made far too many runs and South Africa are no longer in a good position to win from.

This has been an absorbing day of cricket with the Australians coming out with a solid plan. Clarke batted brilliantly with the tail and went on to score a magnificent ton, Johnson at the other end provided able support. The tailenders after him were no less efficient as they hung around to stretch the Australian total to a strong 1st innings score. The South Africans suffered a big blow in the form of Smith's injury, he had to walk off the field midway and is now wearing a cast on his hand. No official news on his condition yet but this looks like the end of tour for him. Kallis and Amla have taken the game forward though by playing solid knocks. They're still there in the middle and the Proteas would need two big innings from these men to go past the Australian total. Tomorrow should also possess some exciting action in it.

Users who are viewing this thread