South Africa in England

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think we are the 2nd best team in the world. Though I think at this very time, this ODI side could beat anybody, barring maybe Sri Lanka with their spin twins!

I really doubt you'd beat Australia or New Zealand either, but if that's what you think then congratulations. The rankings are interesting, but rarely do they give a fair indication of which teams are ranked where. Teams have bad periods and good periods. But anyway, with all this 2nd in the world talk, England still haven't won the last game yet. I wouldn't be so sure of it. South Africa now have nothing to lose really. I just hope they treat it as though it matters, they don't seem to care much at present.

especially since they came off a drubbing against New Zealand, who we slaughtred back home only a few moths ago.

Do you have a bad memory? You won that ODI series 2-1. It was far from a slaughter. lus it wasn't a few months ago, it was last year! About 7-8 months ago.

The first ODI you won off the last ball in the match. Slaughtering? Hillarious.
The second we won. We got slaughtered there as well. In fact we bowled you out for 209 and chased it in 35 overs. :/
The third was chased down with 4 overs to spare and 5 wickets down and on the day Gibbs was just on fire, well done, that's no where near the margins England put on you.

Speaking of slaughter, we slaughtered you in the World Cup.

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Do you get extra points because we are beating a side that is second place in the odi rankings?

DPRA

International Cricketer
93853.jpg

I see no puddles?

That must have been taken before, I really did see some on the TV.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Well the picture seems to have been taken yesterday. They must have a very good drainage system

holdenator added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I wish the lords groundsman was called Mike instead of Mick ...would give everybody a few laughs!

DPRA

International Cricketer
Just been on Sky Sports news, there is a 60% chance of rain. Its saying that chances are the weather will happer us.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not going to get a full game, according to BBC, heavy showers set for Cardiff this afternoon. Hope there's still time for a game of such, and England wrap the series.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Just been on Sky Sports news, there is a 60% chance of rain.
So there's a 40% chance it won't rain. Sounds like sucky odds, but if someone offered you a 40% chance to win the lottery you'd tear their arm off ;)

The opening comment on the cricinfo scorecard made me chuckle :)

DPRA

International Cricketer
So there's a 40% chance it won't rain. Sounds like sucky odds, but if someone offered you a 40% chance to win the lottery you'd tear their arm off ;)

The opening comment on the cricinfo scorecard made me chuckle :)

Another Inspection at 2.45pm just to give the groundstaff a bit more chance to get the outfield dry, wet in places.

If no rain before 2.45, they are looking at a 3.15 start and a 50 over game.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Am I the only one who is watching this discussion about the stanford?

I'm quite excited by some of the prospects...when they read out the middle order of such of Shah, Pietersen, Flintoff and Collingwood I have to say I got pretty excited!

This stanford thing is going to be quite intresting? Maybe we could open up the thread now if it isnt already there?

DPRA

International Cricketer
Am I the only one who is watching this discussion about the stanford?

I'm quite excited by some of the prospects...when they read out the middle order of such of Shah, Pietersen, Flintoff and Collingwood I have to say I got pretty excited!

This stanford thing is going to be quite intresting? Maybe we could open up the thread now if it isnt already there?

Nope, you are not Ollie, I have just been watching that, I have been watching the program since 2.00pm.

Just 3 Minutes before the inspection the heavens opened. Inspection going on now... Come on Umpires! Lets get the game on!

3.45pm Inspection...

DPRA added 54 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Play to start at 4.30pm.

KP won the toss and is going to have a Bowl.

Come on England! :)

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Gibbs gone already. Stuart Broad with some great bowling again. Another cracking catch from Matty Prior as well, he's been awesome with the gloves in this series. Get him in the Test side.

Bloody rain.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
They should just give England the victory tbh. We got a wicket, that should count for enough. South Africa should declare and let us get the 7 runs to win. :p

DPRA

International Cricketer
Sad to say, I don't think we will get a game today. :(

3rd we will stay, I am still happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread