South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
saisrini80 said:
If India lose the toss and bat first, a score of 260 should be their target to challenge South Africa! They should go in with Yadav as the Super Sub leaving out either Murali Kartik or RP Singh! Yadav can negate any disadvantage that India have with the Super Sub rule!

Big call dropping RP Singh. He hasn't had the total to be able to perform. I would give him another game. Kartik isn't really needed with Sehwag and Tendulkar both able to bowl a few.

aussie1st said:
Big call dropping RP Singh. He hasn't had the total to be able to perform. I would give him another game. Kartik isn't really needed with Sehwag and Tendulkar both able to bowl a few.
But Kartik has bowled much better then Bhajji in last few games.

saisrini80 said:
Cant say. Smith also has the chance to win the toss!
My sixth sense says India will win toss :D .

ashu2411 said:
But Kartik has bowled much better then Bhajji in last few games.

My sixth sense says India will win toss :D .

I take you mean RP Singh. Kartik had one good game then got whacked last game. RP Singh isn't being given a full go. It will depend on the pitch.

saisrini80 said:
Cant say. Smith also has the chance to win the toss!

There is always a 50/50 chance of winning or losing...unless you count in the un-even weight distribution, the wind velocity, and the irregular ridges in the flipper's finger.... :)

I think it is imperative for India to win here-at least to establish a reputation and a confidence to go into the next World Cup.

I'd say going with Gambhir as a Super Sub is a mistake. I think we should try him out at 4. For god's sake he's only had one chance in the middle order! I say Dhoni should go at 3!!!!! Smith's remakrk that India are "hiding dhoni" is correct! Batting at 8! bah! :mad: I'd like to see a viru-sachin opening pair in full flurry here. I have a feeling sachin's going to stamp his greatness in his home ground.

Heres my line up:

Sachin
Viru
Dhoni
Gambhir
Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif
Pathan
Agarkar
Harbajan
Mulari Kartik/RP Singh

SS: JP Yadav

i'm a little shaky about having Kaif at 7 though...

Kartik should be livid with you not spelling his name correctly at all, Cricketman93!!!! :D

JP Yadav seems to be an ideal Super Sub! He can balance it for the team! Gambhir has to perform now in the middle order too to make himself flexible!

No one seems to want to put Pathan up higher...I know he had a bad day being being out for a duck, but he could use the experience.

Monday,November 28th 5th ODI-Preview Article

As India and South Africa prepare one last time in this series,once again the thoughts on every person's mind is 'Who will win the toss' rather than 'Who will win the match'.Such has been the definitive role of the toss in the series so far.The expectation's are high at both camps.

For South Africa ,they would be looking for an equally convincing performance as in the last game,and as the series depends on this game the South Africans surely arent going to take this lightly,they would pretty definately launch their best set of twelve player's at the Indian's.

For India this is a must win game for them,although they cannot win the series,they would be hoping to win the game and share the honours.Much is expected from the Indians who have to forget their performance in the last game and think positively on their recent performance's in the last month or so.

The Pitch

The pitch has played argubly the most important role in the series so far.India would be hoping for a pitch similar to the one at Bangalore,whereas the proteas would be delighed to a pitch anything similar to Hyderabad or Kolkata.

But it seems to be an even balance at this moment with a sprinkle of grass favouring both set's of teams which should then entertain us with a cliff hanger of a match.

Expectations

For the Proteas

_40723693_smith_getty.jpg

Generally all the player's have contributed well so far in the series for the visitor's and they would once again be looking for a team performance rather than individual brillances.Yet much is expected from the likes of Kallis,Smith and Pollock the senior member's of the team.

For Team India

907548sachin_tendulkar_010204.jpg

The pressure is high for a single individual in the game,the maestro Sachin Tendulkar,who although is well adaped to pressure would certainly tested as the whole country expects a good performance from him after a series of bad run's lately.Add to that he would be playing in front of his local crowd should probably be an added inspiration for the most capped ODI player.

Otherwise India is also looking for team contribution's from all of its members.

The Chance's ahead of the game

Although the South African's probably edge the match as favourites as their recent run and dominating performance at the Eden Garden's,yet the Indian Juggernaut has the potential to bounce back.The toss would perhaps once again play a crucial role.55-45 to South Africa then.

Last edited:
prarara said:
No one seems to want to put Pathan up higher...I know he had a bad day being being out for a duck, but he could use the experience.

He got a duck opening for the first time. He has proven he can bat at number 3 however. He is perfect for that spot. He scores very quickly which is what is needed. That way Dhoni isn't used too early as he may get out cheaply and India have lost their good finisher.

India have won the crucial toss ahead of the day/nighter!South Africa put in to bat first!

Now it remains to be seen if India win the match! The dew is not too much expected as said by some Mumbai members here like aditya! Lets hope it comes today to haunt the South Africans and helps us level the series!

sid_19840 said:

Monday,November 28th 5th ODI-Preview Article

As India and South Africa prepare one last time in this series,once again the thoughts on every person's mind is 'Who will win the toss' rather than 'Who will win the match'.Such has been the definitive role of the toss in the series so far.The expectation's are high at both camps.

For South Africa ,they would be looking for an equally convincing performance as in the last game,and as the series depends on this game the South Africans surely arent going to take this lightly,they would pretty definately launch their best set of twelve player's at the Indian's.

For India this is a must win game for them,although they cannot win the series,they would be hoping to win the game and share the honours.Much is expected from the Indians who have to forget their performance in the last game and think positively on their recent performance's in the last month or so.

The Pitch

The pitch has played argubly the most important role in the series so far.India would be hoping for a pitch similar to the one at Bangalore,whereas the proteas would be delighed to a pitch anything similar to Hyderabad or Kolkata.

But it seems to be an even balance at this moment with a sprinkle of grass favouring both set's of teams which should then entertain us with a cliff hanger of a match.

Expectations

For the Proteas

_40723693_smith_getty.jpg

Generally all the player's have contributed well so far in the series for the visitor's and they would once again be looking for a team performance rather than individual brillances.Yet much is expected from the likes of Kallis,Smith and Pollock the senior member's of the team.

For Team India

907548sachin_tendulkar_010204.jpg

The pressure is high for a single individual in the game,the maestro Sachin Tendulkar,who although is well adaped to pressure would certainly tested as the whole country expects a good performance from him after a series of bad run's lately.Add to that he would be playing in front of his local crowd should probably be an added inspiration for the most capped ODI player.

Otherwise India is also looking for team contribution's from all of its members.

The Chance's ahead of the game

Although the South African's probably edge the match as favourites as their recent run and dominating performance at the Eden Garden's,yet the Indian Juggernaut has the potential to bounce back.The toss would perhaps once again play a crucial role.55-45 to South Africa then.

Copyright-Planet Cricket(PC).Any reproduction of this article without prior notice of the author is strictly prohibited.

Your too good in writing articles like this. Keep it up! This charges up the scenario even more for PC readers!

saisrini80 said:
India have won the crucial toss ahead of the day/nighter!South Africa put in to bat first!

Now it remains to be seen if India win the match! The dew is not too much expected as said by some Mumbai members here like aditya! Lets hope it comes today to haunt the South Africans and helps us level the series!

Your too good in writing articles like this. Keep it up! This charges up the scenario even more for PC readers!

Thanks,I hope to continue with the articles but incase I dont find time due to some reason,Id hope that somebody could take my place,as I feel that its a good way to build up to the match and also for those who miss a part or the entire match can get a brief view of it,if they read the post match articles.Cheers.

What a great start by India and Pathan. Pathan 2 wickets 6 runs concede in 5 overs. Wow what a spell. This Pathan is really have great few months.

great start by india ! looking in good form. pathan's agression is really cool :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread