South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A great start from India indeed, but South africa has repaired things for the early losses, the score is 72-2 in 18 overs. I just hope Tendulkar comes good on his home ground.

India have been very impressive so far (touchwood!)... harbhajan has been superb, Kartik is good, Pathan awesome, agarkar after a poor start has comeback superbly.

lets hope india can keep SA to less than 220.. it would be a good game then. a total of around 200 would be even better

South africa are making slow progress on 157-3 in the 41st over. Evrey bowler has been superb so far.

A poor decision by Dravid to bowl Kartik in the final over cost India at least 6-7 runs in the end! This can be best described as a tidy performance by India! But we should stand up for Harbhajan who has been MAGNIFICENT so far in this game! Two catches, one OUTSTANDING, 2 wickets and a terrific economic spell of just 3.3 runs per over (it has become his norm now!).

great spell from Pathan too with top wickets of Hall, Smith and Kallis. Agarkar was tidy in his second and third spells and could have nailed either of Pollock or Botha had he been given the final over!

Should be an interesting tussle! Definitely the match is still hanging on the balance! They have a pretty decent total but India know its definitely easy if they get going! I am eagerly waiting for the tussle between the Indian batting (esp. Tendulkar and Sehwag!) and Shaun Pollock! Probably could determine the game! And Indian fans would hope that the dew comes in soon and makes batting easier!

India should send a warning message to the cricketing world by winning this by 9-10 wickets. Just what SA did at Eden Gardens.

Dam.......Sehwag gone, India 46-2 in the 7th over, Sehwag was smashing the bowlers aswell, I really wanted Sehwag to get a good 50, a poor decision by the umpire. Tendulkar still thier going on brilliant, This is the innings that Tendulkar can shut all his crictics up ( in terms of match-winning).

Last edited:
Yuvraj and Dravid going on fine! Still anyone's game. Let the dew play its part here, no problem at all for India! Sehwag received a bad decision. He was not out and it has made the difference between a far more comprehensive win and a tighter win!

Tendulkar still has the problem of losing concentration during drinks! Bad shot by Gambhir! If India can go on with Yuvraj and Dravid till the 40th over, shouldnt be a problem! Yuvraj can strengthen his case for the Man of the series!

But South Africa are not out yet They're still hanging in there!

158/3 in the 35th over. Its advantage India right now. If SA manages to get both Yuvraj and Dravid back, then they might have a chance. We still have Kaif, Dhoni and Pathan to come out.

We (South Africa) desparately need a wicket - acutually, two. No wicket - game, set, match India; with those two wickets - still probably game, set, match India (but a fighting chance).

Personally I loved Tendulkar's performance. Excellent effort to dismiss him - he looked to finally have found form. Sehwag was unfortunate. Oh well - that's cricket.

Damn, my nerves are shot. I predicted a 3-2 for RSA - and we may never know what would have happened at that rained out third match. Draw looks emminent.

India neraly home just need 3 runs to win in more than 3 overs with 5 wkts in hand, once again Dravid is the hero for India and he is having a fantastic year with the bat, India have squared the series.

Dam......Dravid is injured, Nel threw it straight at his elbow, that must hurt.

Last edited:
Wohoo, India won by 5 wickets and 15 balls to spare. This was a bit too close for comfort but a good win none-theless for the Indians, led by Dravid. Sachin, Yuvraj and Sehwag contributed well but could not go on to score big.

Series levelled 2-2. Actually SA should be proud of their performance and they deserved to be the winners, especially their bowling.
Who will be the MoM? It should be Dravid
MoS will be interesting...may be Yuvraj or Pollock, Kallis or G.Smith, all have performed well. Pathan is also in the contention.

Post Series Report

India and South Africa share the series 2-2. India win the fifth ODI by 5 wickets to level the series! Rahul Dravid is declared the Man of the match of the last ODI and the Man of the series is shared by Graeme Smith and YUVRAJ SINGH (YEYYYYYYY.......).

It was a fantastic win for India today at Mumbai! as m_vaughan (Siddarth) predicted, South Africa win in Kolkatta and India win and level in Mumbai!

Remember, It was a hard earned win for India no doubt because the dew wasnt that heavy and it was also acknowledged by Dravid! The South Africans kept it very tight and made India sweat! Also the wicket wasnt a spinners paradise for the Indians to strangulate the South Africans. The wicket had something for the seamers and even in the 94th over of the match, the South African bowlers were getting good almost chest height bounce! So this victory is doubly sweet for us. We havent lost a series yet and we have played some superb cricket for the past 11 matches (Chennai rained off irritatingly!).

FIND OF THE SERIES & The Player into the Superstar league: Yuvraj Singh

The most impressive player: Graeme Smith & Harbhajan Singh

The most exciting team: Again, a tough call. But I go for India just slightly because they have been the most entertaining always!

P.s: Who all watched Yuvraj being showered with drinks by his team mates when Shastri announced that he was the joint Man of the Series? A revival of the yesteryears when the team used to celebrate ecstatically like this and show their unity despite difference in opinions! The unity of the team was heart warming to see! All I hope is that a certain player (well the world knows who he is?!) does not act as a disruptive and disturbing influence in this otherwise bubbling and vibrant team!

NEXT ODI SERIES (for India): India vs Pakistan (in Pakistan!)

Warning to Pakistan: Here we come!

Last edited:
A day of frustration for us SA fans.Wtf was Kallis thinking?He had got us out of early trouble,but then put us back in trouble with his snail like scoring.This put pressure on people like Kemp to slog from ball one.I've never been so happy to see Kallis get out before.The bowlers tried their best to defend the total,and showed plenty of comitment,but we were always 20-30 runs short.We also missed some chances that needed taking.Sehwag was dropped,then smashed us all over,then Dravid was dropped on 32,a couple of runout oppertunities and plenty of edges past the keeper.Not taking anything away from India though,they bowled superbly and paced their innings well.As for the umpiring,awefull!Sehwag definetly not out,Pollock being wided for a good ball and that ball that Langeveld stopped being given as four!

As for the series,a great series and maybe a draw was a worthy result.Both sides can take a lot away from this series.I think SA did well in India as everyone thought they would easily be beaten,but we played well,even without some of our top players(Gibbs,Dippenaar,Boje).Botha was a great find and he should develope in provincial series and should become a great bowler.India should be proud of their performance under pressure and they have a very good,young side developing.I just think you guys expect too much of them at times.Come World Cup 2007,I think we will see these two sides meet again,and be challengers for that trophy.
As for us,were off to Australia to hopefully see if our claim to be the worlds best is true.Can't wait for that!

"P.s: Who all watched Yuvraj being showered with drinks by his team mates when Shastri announced that he was the joint Man of the Series? A revival of the yesteryears when the team used to celebrate ecstatically like this and show their unity despite difference in opinions! The unity of the team was heart warming to see! All I hope is that a certain player (well the world knows who he is?!) does not act as a disruptive and disturbing influence in this otherwise bubbling and vibrant team!"

I don't know what you mean by that. That certain player was part all the great wins and he was an important part of that bubbling, vibrant, united team. It may not be by his strokeplay but nonetheless he was the captain, and led like a captain.
An odd year will not change his attitude nor does it take respect away from him.

I was not surprised with the MoS decision, Smith captained quite well and Yuvraj played brilliantly.
Another tough question, will he be in the playing eleven for the team? or Ganguly come back into the team after some good performances in domestic cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread