South African Tour of India 2010

The SA run rate would make you think they are 200/9 and not 400/3 !

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

I can slowly see Ishant getting back some rhythm. He has been running in hard today. If he keeps persevering, he will get among the wickets.

They only negative for Kallis to me is sometimes when he bats he doesn't understand things like the tempo of an innings like knowing how to reclaim momentum etc. A very small negative Kallis is still one of the best batsmen of the decade and one of the best S African batsmen of all time.

Really hope that if Amla gets to 200 they will start pushing on....there really is no reason for us to bat this slow. If we want to post a massive score and only bat once we need to get around 600 and still have a bowl before the end of play.

AB is settled already so hopefully boundaries can start happening more regularly very soon...

if the second match is as boring, flat and a run fest as this....i swear i'll never watch a test match in india again.:doh:doh

The wicket has some help for the spinners though. Harris will pick up a few wickets. I don`t see us saving this game from here with our second string batting lineup against the raw pace of the SA bowlers. I doubt the likes of Saha and Badri would have seen anything like the pace of Steyn and Morkel. Also, we are not that great against left arm spin and Harris will be a threat as well. :crying

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

if the second match is as boring, flat and a run fest as this....i swear i'll never watch a test match in india again.:doh:doh

Count me in as well. However, I doubt if it will be flat because we will be 1-0 down going into Kolkata and will need a result oriented pitch.

Last edited:
The wicket has some help for the spinners though. Harris will pick up a few wickets. I don`t see us saving this game from here with our second string batting lineup against the raw pace of the SA bowlers. I doubt the likes of Saha and Badri would have seen anything like the pace of Steyn and Morkel. Also, we are not that great against left arm spin and Harris will be a threat as well. :crying

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Count me in as well. However, I doubt if it will be flat because we will be 1-0 down going into Kolkata and will need a result oriented pitch.

Yeah bring on the greentop! hehe Would love to bowl first on one of those and see Sehwag try and hit 300 lol

De Villiers stepping it up now! Yeah, maybe Amla could be the first South African to score a triple century? :D

Yeah bring on the greentop! hehe Would love to bowl first on one of those and see Sehwag try and hit 300 lol

Why just the greentop? Why not the dustbowl then? Why do all of you feel that only greentops are good for the game. Pitches with help for the spinners provide as much exciting cricket as the greentops. The pity is that Indian pitches used to get criticized unfairly when they helped the spinners but now we`ve gone the other extreme and they are offering no help for anybody. I`d rather have them bring back the traditional Indian pitches to at least give us some home advantage than these flat ones which really are giving us absolutely no home advantage.

Our batting lineup isn`t just Sehwag. Also, I doubt you`d see a partnership like the one which we saw here from SA and runs being scored as easliy on a greentop/turner.

Last edited:
Why just the greentop? Why not the dustbowl then?
Our batting lineup isn`t just Sehwag. Also, I doubt you`d see a partnership like the one which we saw here from SA and runs being scored as easliy on a greentop/turner.

Why just the greentop? Well it surely would provide more exciting cricket than what weve seen so far....and why a dustbowl? Isnt the ball spinning enough for you?? Do you want to see it go around corners or what?

Why just the greentop? Well it surely would provide more exciting cricket than what weve seen so far....and why a dustbowl? Isnt the ball spinning enough for you?? Do you want to see it go around corners or what?

This is slow turn and it really does not help anyone. Why is it that when India prepares turning track, it is called unfair while when others do the same and make a greentop, it is called exciting cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread