South African Tour of India 2010

Are`nt we all over reacting. Yes, we`ve had a bad couple of days but its hardly the worst opposition in the world and we are also missing two key batsmen. Our bowling has left a lot to be desired but I don`t think we are the worst side in the world just because of these 3 days which people would like us to believe.

no this is a right reaction. because these guys are supposedly the future of india. and if they cannot even make 250 runs in their own backyard...
how are they supposed to win overseas ?

and its not just one bad day....SAF has owned us for 3 days.

Are`nt we all over reacting. Yes, we`ve had a bad couple of days but its hardly the worst opposition in the world and we are also missing two key batsmen. Our bowling has left a lot to be desired but I don`t think we are the worst side in the world just because of these 3 days which people would like us to believe.

We're not the worst side for sure. But this performance just makes me so angry with our bowlig performance which could have done a lot lot better.

South Africa ENFORCE FOLLOW-ON!!! India just got to remember that Kolkata test of 2001 (the guy who was the hero in Kolkata, is sitting in the dressing room reading a book) and bat positively. Definitely going to be an uphill task, but hope we can go down fighting.

no this is a right reaction. because these guys are supposedly the future of india. and if they cannot even make 250 runs in their own backyard...

Over-reaction bigtime. Also taking far too much credit away from what has been a great spell of fast bowling.

If this happens series after series, I`d be worried. But surely you can excuse them for a failure or two. SA got bowled out against us for 80-odd at home a couple of years ago and more recently for 100-odd against England at home. I did not see their fans reacting in such a manner,

Last edited:

Future? Badrinath batted very well today. Vijay and Saha had a bad innings, but Vijay has had good test innings before this (33, 41, 83). Saha had a bad innings, but havent we seen so many instances of players starting off poorly and then going on to do greater things?

Its our bowling that needs lot of dissing....

When we're a no.1 team we should not give any reason to perform badly, selectors made bad choice and its costing team. The biggest problem for india in this test is not SA bowling but the pressure of being no.1 and perform.

Future? Badrinath batted very well today. Vijay and Saha had a bad innings, but Vijay has had good test innings before this (33, 41, 83). Saha had a bad innings, but havent we seen so many instances of players starting off poorly and then going on to do greater things?

Its our bowling that needs lot of dissing....

saha might do well, but leaving out raina and kohli who are going great in ODIs, shouldn't they have been picked ahead of laxman when they knew he would not make it for the first test. Picking rohit ahead of raina and kohli was shocking too.

Hope Dhoni sends in Badrinath at No.3 instead of Vijay. He looks a better bet at No.3 than Vijay (more solid in technique). Also for the nostalgia, Laxman who scored a half century in that Kolkata test in the first innings, was promoted to No.3 and then brought in that 281 innings that turned the game on its head.

Over-reaction bigtime. Also taking far too much credit away from what has been a great spell of fast bowling.

did i say that steyn has been lucky ?
he has owned us...fair and square.

anyhoo.....we need to score atleast 500 to be anywhere for a chance of a draw.

need three big 100s from sehwag, gambhir and tendulkar.

Hope Dhoni sends in Badrinath at No.3 instead of Vijay. He looks a better bet at No.3 than Vijay (more solid in technique). Also for the nostalgia, Laxman who scored a half century in that Kolkata test in the first innings, was promoted to No.3 and then brought in that 281 innings that turned the game on its head.

I hope Sehwag and Gambhir never gets out. :laugh I am hopeful our batsman will perform better now. Only 600 runs to put Africa under pressure.;)

saha might do well, but leaving out raina and kohli who are going great in ODIs, shouldn't they have been picked ahead of laxman when they knew he would not make it for the first test. Picking rohit ahead of raina and kohli was shocking too.

Saha was just picked as a reserve keeper. He was`nt slated to be picked till just before the start of play. As fate would have, VVS did not get fit, Rohit Sharma who was asked to stay back as his backup also got injured which forced us to play Saha as a batsman as we did not have any backup whatsoever. All that was sheer bad luck and can happen in Cricket, like life.

Do you think Dhoni would have asked for Saha to be played as a pure batsman? This is what I call over-reaction. Criticism is okay but criticizing everyone left, right and center after half a game of cricket is`nt fair at all. Nor do I think elevating the side to demi-God status and gloating after a good performance is fair either.

Last edited:
my prediction coming true.....:happy

india are completely out of sorts in this match. just go through the motions....re-think your strategies
and come back strong in the next match.

Users who are viewing this thread