South African Tour of India 2010

That's silly. If they'd all gotten double figures and made 300, would you be saying "at least they all got double figures"? No, you'd be disappointed that there were players batting for a half hour and still being useless. It's much more forgivable to get a good ball for naught than the same ball for thirty, when the batsman should be better armed.
Tbh, i would have been happy if they had spent hour more in the first innings. If that would have happen, we would have avoid the loss of openers today itself.

Oh my god... I guess South Africa really is the number 1 team. They sure are playing like it.

We have to now look ahead and try get some batting practice for the next game. Also got to rethink our strategy and pick the right side for the next game. Its not as if we`ve suddenly forgotten how to play test cricket.:p

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Oh my god... I guess South Africa really is the number 1 team. They sure are playing like it.

Its hardly the best Indian side out there either.

Oh boy:facepalm
You can't use the excuse that it's not the best side, Gambir and Sehwag are in the first side and they fail :doh

^
Your siggy looks good. Better start from there.

I`ve been advocating for that cause for a few years now. If only the BCCI would listen.

The slectors are the one to be blamed.They should have given those occasional chances to both Badri and Vijay(3 tests is nothing).They land them along with Saha straight into a critical game against South Africa,and you want them to score instant double centuries? I wont blame them for Saha's inclusion though.The injury to Rohit Sharma was unexpected and I'll give it to them.Regarding the bowling,Its hightime we replace Bhajji with Ojha,Chawla or Ashwin(third in the pecking order).

Last edited:
in a way, this loss has been a blessing in disguise.
will keep the selectors on their toes, a wake up call to all the non-performers in the team.

a good loss for indian cricket IMO.

The slectors are the one to be blamed.They should have given those occasional chances to both Badri and Vijay.They land them along with Saha straight into a critical game against South Africa,and you want them to score instant double centuries? I wont blame them for Saha's inclusion though.The injury to Rohit Sharma was unexpected and I'll give it to them.Regarding the bowling,Its hightime we replace Bhajji with Ojha,Chawla or Ashwin(third in the pecking order).

I`d just play one spinner. Sehwag is as good a spinner as Harris. With just 2 seamers, you are putting far too much load on them and depending on the toss way too much.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

in a way, this loss has been a blessing in disguise.
will keep the selectors on their toes, a wake up call to all the non-performers in the team.

a good loss for indian cricket IMO.

People like Harbhajan have escaped as India have`nt lost a test match since Aug 08 now. With a loss like this, there would certainly be pressure on the selectors to act.

I`m afraid I know what the selectors will do next. Drop Mishra and bring Ojha in his place. Harbhajan is going nowhere.

But I'm damn sure we'll go with the same bowling lineup for the next game too.

You`ll see a change and it`ll be Mishra who`ll be made the scapegoat eventhough he was actually pretty good in this test.

You`ll see a change and it`ll be Mishra who`ll be made the scapegoat eventhough he was actually pretty good in this test.

according to gary kirsten.....harbhajan was in excellent rhythm in the first innigs it seems......:doh

according to gary kirsten.....harbhajan was in excellent rhythm in the first innigs it seems......:doh

I`ll quit watching Indian test cricket till that guy gets dropped.

Harbhajan will be retained for Kolkata because of that test match in 2001:sarcasm:laugh

Users who are viewing this thread