South African Tour of India 2010

Yes may be Murli Sachin and Badrinath To Rescue..

Also 1 % chance of Dhoni

It will be a miracle to save this match from here. Hopefully Laxman should be fit for the next test which should automatically take care of Saha. I dont think Dravid would be ready yet for the next test and seeing the way Badri batted today and also the way Vijay is batting right now (24* as I see it), I dont think either of them will have to make way for a new batsman (unless the selectors are nuts). We should bring back Dinesh Karthik as backup (he had two centuries against West Zone after being dropped) and he has test experience. Just because Yusuf got those runs doesnt mean he should come in. He was dropped around 5-6 times during that 210 knock against South Zone.

My XI for Kolkata would be

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
M Vijay
S Tendulkar
S Badrinath
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
Z Khan
A Mishra
I Sharma
A Mithun/P Ojha

No man Murali,Sachin and Badri will save us.

No way. We have to bat till the second session of Day 5 which will be 5 more sessions from now. Once the ball starts reversing, Steyn does the mop up work of our batting order.

No way. We have to bat till the second session of Day 5 which will be 5 more sessions from now. Once the ball starts reversing, Steyn does the mop up work of our batting order.

Still, it would be nice if Sachin got a ton out of it....

It's just Steyn's day man.I am confident that he can't bowl like this tomorrow.

It's just Steyn's day man.I am confident that he can't bowl like this tomorrow.

Stop setting yourself up for failure. If we draw this match, good. For now, let's (the fans, not the players) not hope for too much.

I don't care what happens from here, my man Badri has made his mark on the international scene! I'd like to see Rohit Sharma or Suresh Raina come up with that kind of knock. :sarcasm

It's in times like these where you just have to stand up, applaud, and give respect to the opposition. If there is a fast bowler in the world who can take 7-51 against one of the strongest batting line ups ever, on a pitch as flat as this, then he is truly something special. South Africa are the better team at the moment, and that's all due to the bowling.

What an ordinary pitch with terrible bounce in it, it's almost bringing an end to Boucher's career :doh

I don't think SA will be batting again on this pitch and Steyn will wrap it up early tomorrow morning.

If there is a fast bowler in the world who can take 7-51 against one of the strongest batting line ups ever, on a pitch as flat as this, then he is truly something special.

You can hardly call them one of the strongest batting line-ups ever, even without the injuries.

This pitch suited Steyn really well, had swing and low bounce. It also helped that Indians can't play the Pull/Hook shot. So India's strength had become their weakness against Steyn.

Great performance from the boys. Hardly looked unsettled with the coach thing. Steyn was immense today. If we can get sachin early we should wrap it up tomorrow.

Gambhir, Sehwag, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman - Yeah that's a pretty weak batting line up.

Users who are viewing this thread