South African Tour of India 2010

Gambhir, Sehwag, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman - Yeah that's a pretty weak batting line up.

Don`t bother explaining. India have had a bad day and people will be ready to pounce on the opportunity. Nothing unexpected.

Oh, could this day have gone more perfectly for us?

For all those criticizing Smith's captaincy, I laugh in your faces. He inspired the team, especially Steyn. The fielding settings were brilliant and there was definitely a plan setup for the wickets of Sehwag and Badrinath.

Steyn just proved how bad Indian bowling really is. He got it to swing both ways, and got some movement of the seam. He bowled accurately, and the batsman had no idea what was coming at them. Pitch is still pretty flat, but just some really good bowling. Indian batting is pretty weak. They depend on the likes of Dravid and Laxman too much. Those guys are in the twilight of their career, and India need replacements for them fast. Once Sachin goes... dear God.

Lol at Indian selector's for waiting so long to select Badrinath. He looks a composed player. Can't believe he's debuting just now.

Hopefully we can end this tomorrow, and win by an innings. Let's just hope the Indian's don't become cheats again and prepare a dust bowl like last time. Give a fair pitch which will give some advantage to the home side, but not so much like that Kanpur track.

Laxman is overrated and Gambhir has only performed in the subcontinent. Whilst the performances of Dravid and Tendulkar are on and off.

Tendulkar has been averaging in the mid 50s since 2007. Its been like a second coming of him since then. Dravid had a lean patch but even he looks close to his best again. Don`t know what you are talking about there.

Oh Man!! Dammit I couldnt watch any of the game today, just got back and saw India has been slaughtered by Steyn! Epic!

Wow...anyone on here know where I can watch hilights of the day's play online? Tried Cricinfo and Cricket365 but none of them has anything up yet.

From what Ive seen of the scorecard etc Im astounded at how much India sucked. Perhaps Steyn bowled really well but even if India lost a lot of their top class batters in this game, I doubt that this kind of slaughtering was on the cards - they really do seem to depend too much on the 2 and Tendulkar.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can check the hilights I can give my final verdict.

Last edited:
Hopefully we can end this tomorrow, and win by an innings. Let's just hope the Indian's don't become cheats again and prepare a dust bowl like last time. Give a fair pitch which will give some advantage to the home side, but not so much like that Kanpur track.

LOL, cheas. Get over yourself. They have played well. I am not taking anything away from South Africa. They are probably the number one side in the world but to truly say that they are, they need to be able to win in all conditions as Australia could. You have to expect dustbowls when coming to India.

Sehwag in the post match interview said

Murli and Sachin Bhai are looking good and you will see one of the best century from both of them.

Hope so this really happens

LOL, cheas. Get over yourself. They have played well. I am not taking anything away from South Africa. They are probably the number one side in the world but to truly say that they are, they need to be able to win in all conditions as Australia could. You have to expect dustbowls when coming to India.

A test match should last five days, if quality Cricket is to be played. In dust bowls you can often get a result within three days, because the balls spins like a fifth day pitch on the first day. That's not proper Test Cricket. Make a pitch similar to this one. It's offering something to everybody, but we have used the conditions better is all. And according to your view, we should have green grass covering a large portion of the pitch, because pace is our strong point, right? Saying that's what you should expect is a bullshit argument. Cricket should be played on fair terms, not giving large benefits to one side or the other. I thought that an International side could understand, what playing in the spirit of the game is. Guess not.

Fatal Shot added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I still can put money on draw and shut Fatal shot's mouth :p

It would take something very remarkable for that to happen. I wouldn't put it past Sachin, but he would need support. Whose willing to raise their hand?

Fatal Shot has said it's a bullshit argument so I guess it has to be a bullshit argument :sarcasm :laugh. A dustbowl only theoretically gives India an advantage. Who's to say that Harris doesn't bowl better than Harbhajan and Mishra combined. You yourself said that it is about using the conditions better. The home side should have a large advantage in terms of the pitch and that is what makes an away series win mean that much more, overcoming the odds and beating the opposition in their own backyard when they have thrown everything they could possibly throw at you.

Fatal Shot has said it's a bullshit argument so I guess it has to be a bullshit argument :sarcasm :laugh. A dustbowl only theoretically gives India an advantage. Who's to say that Harris doesn't bowl better than Harbhajan and Mishra combined. You yourself said that it is about using the conditions better. The home side should have a large advantage in terms of the pitch and that is what makes an away series win mean that much more, overcoming the odds and beating the opposition in their own backyard when they have thrown everything they could possibly throw at you.

Well bring on your silly dustbowls...like Dale Steyn said today, if you get the ball to swing at pace and pitch it up it doesnt matter what the pitch is like. This has been a very flat batting track yet he still took 8 wickets in a day, so it seems like all this pitch-talk is a bunch of bullshit anyway. Im sure our bowling attack is good enough to deal with it, India's isnt.

Well bring on your silly dustbowls...like Dale Steyn said today, if you get the ball to swing at pace and pitch it up it doesnt matter what the pitch is like. This has been a very flat batting track yet he still took 8 wickets in a day, so it seems like all this pitch-talk is a bunch of bullshit anyway. Im sure our bowling attack is good enough to deal with it, India's isnt.

I'm not denying that. South Africa have outplayed us :).

That being said, the batting line up was fairly weak. Not taking anything away from Steyn though. Ifs and buts don't count and we didn't deal with the loss of Dravid, Laxman and Rohit Sharma well enough.

Pace Bowling isn't our strength and currently our spinners (who are considered our strength) too are unable to put pressure on visiting side. Steyn bowled with accuracy and correct tactics and he got the result of his hard work.

jez, India got shot over night! i better catch the highlights when i go home, so good bowling by DS

Users who are viewing this thread