South African Tour of India 2010

Steyn picked up seven wickets within a few hours in a pitch where our bowlers struggled to get even a single wicket for two whole days? Goes on to show how pathetic our bowling has been in the recent times. :facepalm

BTW, I'm pretty disappointed with Saha. Pinned so much expectations on this lad! But in the end, he broke our hearts completely. :(

WTF happened? If I knew it was going to be like this I would have stayed that hour or two. Instead I went to sleep expecting a long boring rescue act by India. Damn.
Shocked that Steyn did this well but the pitch does offer help even late on day 3. No surprise Zaheer couldn't do more, one man cant do it all. Steyn had solid help at the other end and the other bowlers all got timely wickets while Zaheer had nothing.

SA did display what a QUALITY pace attack is. Whenever I curse the fast bowlers, people come up with popping messages, " We have Zaheer! ". Yes We do have a talented bowler - Zaheer Khan but expecting him alone to be exceptional everytime is just ridiculous.

Now our next excellent step would be bring the bowlers like Nehra & RPSingh into the side and keep commiting suicides. :rtfl

Steyn! :hpraise Yes bring it on, our bowling rocks. :banana2 :sarcasm

I still am optimistic that India can do something special tomorrow. Vijay looked really good during his knock so far in the second innings and Sachin also slowly settled down. Ideally India should bat out tomorrow with only 1-2 wickets to fall and thats not impossible. Still hope a special draw could be possible (win is out of equation).:upray

hoping for india to be all out before tea tomorrow! SA can use an extra day for resting before the 2nd test match which will be much much harder!

Comes down to this....If Sachin doesnt score a big double century India will lose by a long way. Really hope to see Steyn pick up a 10-fer, his rythm was excellent and the way he got the ball to move both ways made even Tendulkar look clueless!

I dont discount India getting past our score though, if things go their way they might yet set us a target, be it a small one and we DONT want to be batting on day 5 no matter how crap Harbhajan is.

But Im about 75% certain we will clean them up before day 5 and would be awesome to see Steyn get another 5-fer lol With match stats of something like 12/90 that would be awesome! hehe

On a final note I really dont see India worthy of a no.1 ranking espcially due to their poor bowling attack. Apart from Zaheer Khan they look like a domestic side...

Last edited:
Time to try Mithun. Also Sreesanth coming back for the next test wont be bad. He has been a much better test bowler than Ishant. Apart from Zaheer, he has been the only fast bowler who has picked up a 5-wicket haul in test matches in recent times on subcontinent pitches for India.

Harbhajan needs serious help. Maybe send him to county cricket.

Time to try Mithun. Also Sreesanth coming back for the next test wont be bad. He has been a much better test bowler than Ishant. Apart from Zaheer, he has been the only fast bowler who has picked up a 5-wicket haul in test matches in recent times on subcontinent pitches for India.

Harbhajan needs serious help. Maybe send him to county cricket.

He atm is unable to do anything in the sub continets, what he will do at outer regions ?? And, which team will like to have him in their side considering his present form ??

He atm is unable to do anything in the sub continets, what he will do at outer regions ?? And, which team will like to have him in their side considering his present form ??

His popularity will get him county offers. Recently heard that some county was planning to sign him up (Yuvraj is talking with Middlesex, and Bhajji with some other county)

Awesome performance by Steyn, lots of white space of the scorecard with all those LBW and bowled he got which is quite the effort considering how easily SA made their runs.

Users who are viewing this thread