Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
Higuain is a star, you just know it. Brilliant skill to get past three defenders with ease and although De la Red got the goal it was Higuain's initial effort that created it.

Madrid 7-1 sporting de Gijon? What the hell?

I have to admit I felt really sorry for Sporting because they are the team with whom I played one my longest spells in FM, and was looking forward to the return to the top flight this season.

But this result really puts in the face of bloody Barca, who were behaving as if they had won the league already after beating Sporting 6-1.

Well we beat them 7-1.

And talking about Barca, they were very lucky to get three points against Betis, who had a clear penalty disallowed.

And David Cortes is the biggest on the planet.

Last edited:
You realise "******" is quite an offensive term don't you?

Also, calling someone a ****** for accidentally deflecting a shot into the goal is pretty ridiculous. You're worse than the United fans slagging off City, at least City deserve some abuse, losing to Brighton (albeit on penalties), Atletico are a bloody good team, with some fantastic players, calling them "scum" and moaning about teams selling their good players to Atletico (Sinama-Pongolle) just makes you look a fool.

They are still scum I'm afraid.

Cortes should really have been back and marking Maxi in the first place. Anyways the goal has now been awarded to FSP. Lets see how they do against Sevilla.

Last edited:
I hate games away at Seville, especially at the Ruiz Lopera. But looks like Ramos is back, so thats a good sign. Expect VDV to continue his crazy goalscoring form. What a signing!

As expected, it was a tough game. The sending off was uncalled for, because it wasnt even a foul. Anyways, justice served in the end, and brilliant stuff from Van Nistelrooy.

Missed the Barca game, but I hear they won with a controversial penalty. Cheaters.

Missed the Barca game, but I hear they won with a controversial penalty. Cheaters.

Lol. This bias here is unbelievable. They didn't cheat, it was fair enough to give the penalty. The Espanyol defender took Messi down in the area from behind, and just got the ball. From the referee's angle it looked like a penalty. Barca deserved the win tbh. There was some shocking behaviour in the stadium as well, Barca fans threw 7 flairs into the Espanyol fans which pretty much caused a riot amongst Espanyol fans. The funny thing is, it's Espanyol who'll get punished, for letting away fans into the stadium with flairs on them.

Atletico will win tonight. Well I hope so, just to please you ;)

They are cheaters because -

1) They are catalans, so its in their blood. (Yeah so are Espanyol but not as much)
2) They might have bribed the referee

Atletico lose at home, and this should shut up their high flying fans. Brilliant free-kick by Fabiano, whose earlier "legal" goal was disallowed for offside.

Users who are viewing this thread