Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
So, Espanyol have done Real Madrid a favour. Lets see whether they can take advantage of it against Valencia. Should be fun. :laugh

With Torres & Fabregas racing to fit for the WC. How would Spain line-up in the group stages without them?. Since even if they are fit, they probably wouldn't be ready under the round 16 or final group game. I'm thinking:

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique CapeVilla

Alonso Senna/Busquets

Silva Xavi Iniesta

Villa

With Torres & Fabregas racing to fit for the WC. How would Spain line-up in the group stages without them?. Since even if they are fit, they probably wouldn't be ready under the round 16 or final group game. I'm thinking:

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique CapeVilla

Alonso Senna/Busquets

Silva Xavi Iniesta

Villa

Well Fabregas doesn't start for Spain, so its only Torres we need to replace. Both Negredo and Guiza can do that.

Casillas
Ramos Puyol Pique Capdevila
Senna
Iniesta Xavi Silva
Villa Negredo

Just a point in it. Valencia outplayed at the Bernabeu. They really need to sign some defenders.
They had their entire first choice back line out and a winger at left back dealing with Cristiano.

But yeah, it's one of the reasons why the gap between Barca/Real and the rest is so big.

Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico etc. have very good attacking lineups but are rubbish defensively.

I am aware about their defensive injuries, but apart from Mathieu and maybe Marchena, I think they have no body that would scare me.

Watching Ronaldo and Kaka combining for the winning goal pretty much made my day. I had a feeling it would be a tough game as the Romareda can be an intimidating venue as their fans are crazy.

Still think Pellegrini will be there next year?

Personally, I would say no. I don't really think he is up to the task at such a big club like Real Madrid. If he does face the sack, it might be Mourinho or even Benitez despite all the rumors linking with Juventus taking the helm. But that is just my opinion. Winning the La Liga might save his job though.

I know for a fact that most of the fans want Pellegrini to stay. Marca and AS on the other hand have wanted him out since the Lyon defeat. The league title may save him, but I want the club to look at the bigger picture and realise the considerable development the team has made this season.

We are going head to head with one of the best Barcelona sides of all time and right till the end. Thats a big achievement for someone in his first season and with a newly assembled squad at his disposal. Like Laporta said before the Clasico, both teams would have been champions in any other league in the world.

I know for a fact that most of the fans want Pellegrini to stay. Marca and AS on the other hand have wanted him out since the Lyon defeat. The league title may save him, but I want the club to look at the bigger picture and realise the considerable development the team has made this season.

We are going head to head with one of the best Barcelona sides of all time and right till the end. Thats a big achievement for someone in his first season and with a newly assembled squad at his disposal. Like Laporta said before the Clasico, both teams would have been champions in any other league in the world.

Not the premiership :)

Looking at the way how the english top sides have performed in europe and in the premiership, I think both of them would most definitely would do it there.

Looking at the way how the english top sides have performed in europe and in the premiership, I think both of them would most definitely would do it there.

Maybe Barcelona. But certainly not Madrid.

Of the big 4 English team this season. Only Arsenal & Liverpool they would topple. Not United & Chelsea.

United & Chelsea where unlucky in the Champions League this season. Chelsea could have beaten inter if they had Bosingwa, A Cole & Essein in their team. While United mad some minor mistakes that costed them over two legs vs Bayern - but overall they dominated Munich.

Users who are viewing this thread