Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
Maybe Barcelona. But certainly not Madrid.

Of the big 4 English team this season. Only Arsenal & Liverpool they would topple. Not United & Chelsea.

Agree about Man Utd and Chelsea but maybe Barcelona would not topple Liverpool because just like the other two teams, Rafa will be very tactical if they play against Barcelona.

United & Chelsea where unlucky in the Champions League this season. Chelsea could have beaten inter if they had Bosingwa, A Cole & Essein in their team. While United mad some minor mistakes that costed them over two legs vs Bayern - but overall they dominated Munich.

Chelsea may have done better with those players in the team but I think the main thing was Mourinho got the win in the 1st leg which allows him to play like how they did in the second leg. I felt that Chelsea should have gotten at least a draw in the 1st leg because they played well but for the second leg, the performance was the opposite. Oh well. As for the Man United, I think the key moment was they concede the goal before half time. If they had gone in 3-0 at half time, then Man United would have gone through rather Bayern Munich who just ease their way to the final.

Maybe Barcelona. But certainly not Madrid.

Of the big 4 English team this season. Only Arsenal & Liverpool they would topple. Not United & Chelsea.

United & Chelsea where unlucky in the Champions League this season. Chelsea could have beaten inter if they had Bosingwa, A Cole & Essein in their team. While United mad some minor mistakes that costed them over two legs vs Bayern - but overall they dominated Munich.

I disagree. Teams are responsible for their mistakes and you can never control luck, as sometimes they'll be on your side and sometimes they wont.
Having said that I would agree that Real would find it hard to beat United and Chelsea this season (in a game but we'll still wont drop as many points as they have over the entire season), but then that could change next season ofcourse with our new players having settled in to the squad. Again it goes down to the Pellegrini situation.

57 minutes in and Osasuna are drawing 2-2 with Real Madrid. Hope it stays that way till the end. :laugh

Ronaldo saved us tonight. No doubt about it. Also Masoud for missing that sitter. Guess you need to take luck no matter how and where it comes.

Should have paid attention to him rather than too much of the ball. The cross was good though. Anyway, this should make things interesting with three games left to go. :laugh

Indeed. I dont think a season like this will ever happen for either club. Barca have Sevilla to come while we play Mallorca this week. But something tells me one of the other games might end up being the decider.

Now I think that tonight is gonna be D-night for Barca. I don't see Valladolid taking anything from Camp Nou, so if Barca win tonight, they are champions.

I hope the "good" Sevilla turn up. They need Champions League football to hold on to their key guys.

So, Barcelona won and looks the title is theirs to lose. Both Real Madrid and Barcelona are playing teams from the bottom 5 though. So, it could get interesting.

Yes but they are at home and we are away. Not that we won't win our game, but its really hard to see them slip up there. Still not impossible, football is a funny old game, and Javier Clemente will sure try his best to keep Valladolid in the Primera and also help us.

All in all a fantastic season will conclude on Sunday.

Saw Barca's game vs Sevilla. Interesting to see Messi looking like his dynamic self in La Liga as usual after being totally shut down by Inter in the CL.

Zokora has been poor from what I've seen of him this season. They really have struggled to replace Keita. Luckily though they are still in the hunt for 4th as Mallorca also lost.

Valdes and De Gea have both been named in the 30-man preliminary squad. I guess they'll be fighting it out with Diego Lopez for the third keeper's spot since Del Bosque has already confirmed that Casillas and Reina are untouchable at no.1 and no.2.

Azpilicueta, Pedro and Martinez also getting deserved callups although I am not sure if they'll make the final cut.

Valdes and De Gea have both been named in the 30-man preliminary squad. I guess they'll be fighting it out with Diego Lopez for the third keeper's spot since Del Bosque has already confirmed that Casillas and Reina are untouchable at no.1 and no.2.

Azpilicueta, Pedro and Martinez also getting deserved callups although I am not sure if they'll make the final cut.

Yea some interesting stuff from Del Bosque. 5 keepers is unusual.

I reckon i could pick Spain final 23 quite easily ha. Tell me what you think about this:

Gk:

1. Casillas
2. Reina
3. Lopez/Valdes

DEF:

4. Puyol
5. Pique
6. Ramos
7. Capedvilla
8. Arbeloa
9. Marchena
10. Albiol

MID:

11. Xavi
12. Xabi
13. Fabregas
14. Iniesta
15. Silva
16. Senna
17. Busquets
18. Pedro
19. Mata/Carzola/Navas

FOR:

20. Torres
21. Villa.
22. Guiza
23. Negredo

Surprised Bojan isn't amongst the 30 at least. But wow i love this team. In all my years of watching football since the 98 world cup. Only the France WC 98 & Euro 2000 could compare with the talent En Espanyol has currently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread