Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
The midfield is quite scary when one thinks about it. And I think Valdes will be the 3rd choice keeper. Also, if Navas ends up in the 23 man squad, do you think he can handle the home sickness problem? (it is a question by the way)

Last edited:
I would expect the same 23 to make the trip, except maybe Pedro being considered as a forward who could come in for either Guiza or Negredo. I am also certain that Santi will be in, so Pedro's spot in your midfield will be available for one between Mata/Navas and even Martinez.

Azpilicueta made the the 30-man squad, but I was actually expecting the other Osasuna full back, Nacho Monreal, do be in there. Both talented guys though who will be starting for Spain sooner rather than later. The next generation.

m_vaughan added 7 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

The midfield is quite scary when one thinks about it. And I think Valdes will be the 3rd choice keeper. Also, if Navas ends up in the 23 man squad, do you think he can handle the home sickness problem? (it is a question by the way)

Navas has travelled with the Spain squad before and even with Sevilla. He seems to over it. Always a big threat on the right flank and can be an awesome supersub.

Navas has travelled with the Spain squad before and even with Sevilla. He seems to over it. Always a big threat on the right flank and can be an awesome supersub.

Good for him. :) And if that is the case, then it seems rather difficult to pick the remaining players for the Midfield area.

I wasn't aware that Navas had homesickness issues. But fair enough on Pedro, Vaughan. He has come frm nowhere this season & looked superb.

Yes as much as it pains me to say it, Barca have discovered a new gem in Pedro this season. In the beginning I thought he was just lucky, but has certainly shown immense development and maturity over time.

Although given that Iniesta/Navas and Silva may serve as wide attacking players, Pedro might not be able to get a place in the starting lineup even if Fernando Torres was unavailable.

Once again, there are speculations stating that Mourinho will take charge of Real Madrid next season especially with him now saying he will coach Real Madrid sooner or later. Should be interesting to see what he says next. He should be there at the Bernabeau next season. :laugh

Surely Madrid can't be that stupid to sack Pelligrini. :doh

I can really see them winning some big silverware next season if he's still there but alas, he's certainly going to be sacked.

Congrats to Barca and Messi. He has already won almost all trophies at club level at the age of 22.

Anyways loved the commentators saying "Barca dont buy trophies but they breed them." 8 of Barca's regular starting 11 are from their youth teams.

How much more Madrid are gonna spend next season to win the La Liga??

Congratulations to Barcelona and Messi for winning the La Liga title and golden boot award respectively. Messi can only get better from here. :)

How much more Madrid are gonna spend next season to win the La Liga??

Who knows? There are speculations stating that Real Madrid wants to buy Lampard should Mourinho takes charge next season. I seriously do not think Lampard will go there even if Mourinho is at the helm. Also, it's hard to see Lampard fit into a team that is already full of Galacticos.

Last edited:
The Lampard rumour was not from reliable sources. Mourinho looks possible though. I think this team can win La Liga by itself next season. Barca's season will depend on Messi.

I don't think Lampard would be the best player for Real...in any case, they'll probably spend a ton of money for no evident reason. Their youth are actually very good, Real's. They just don't give them the opportunities like Barca does.

Congrats to Barca! Great season for them - Messi, the star, yet again. Also, Atletico the only team to beat Barca this season! :p That + the Europa League make me pretty happy, but we need to make some changes to improve our league position drastically. Fran Merida from Arsenal is a good signing - can't believe Wenger didn't really try to keep him.

Sevilla win the Copa. Cracking goal by Capel! 70% of the stadium filled with Atleti cartoons which probably made it even better.

Double? Are you having a laugh?

P.S - Last time the national anthem was played at the camp nou? Catalonia conquered last night!:D

Users who are viewing this thread