Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
Good to see Vicente score. He would have been one of the best players of his generation had it not been for injuries. Chori also had a great game and as I had expected is developing into a quality player for Los Che.

The Basques were unlucky though and I honestly believe Caparros should try and give more support to Llorente upfront. The guy was marked by three defenders atleast tonight.

Valencia continue their run and will remain top at the end of this weekend irrespective of the other results.

So true. Would have been just as good as the likes of Giggs & Robben.

I am following an Argentina match of Velez vs Colon (it's now 1-0 now). For Colon Federico Higua?n is playing, the brother of the Real Madrid player Gonzalo Higua?n. Didn't know that Higua?n had a brother. Also Higua?n's father played football, but didn't appear for Argentina.

Last edited:
I swear there was another Higuain on FM years ago who played for Madrid and he was quite good as well.

I don't remember any other Higuain playing for Real Madrid

Yes his dad also played the game and infact his nick name "Pipita" (little pipe) comes from his dad's nick name "Pipa" (pipe). Apparently their noses look like pipes, even though I've never seen any resemblances, for either father or son.

And yes his brother also plays football, in Argentina. If I remember correctly he even had a short spell in Turkey.

Llorente scored and won the game for Spain. It was certainly a good game against Scotland.

Llorente and Cazorla have had excellent outings in both games. On the other hand Pique-Puyol have been woeful at the back. Pique especially.

Pique was quite poor at the World Cup, and was awful against Argentina too. Barca have also conceded quite a few sloppy goals this season.

Llorente and Cazorla have had excellent outings in both games. On the other hand Pique-Puyol have been woeful at the back. Pique especially.

And I have to say Capdevilla's cross for Llorente was great and Fletcher's pass in Scotland's second goal build up was fantastic.

J-Psychic added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

As for this weekend's match, I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona lose at home to Valencia where they have been poor.

Ye some vulnerability developing in the Pique-Puyol partnership post WC.

Looks like we are starting to find our feet now. Did not want to get too carried away after the Depor game but Malaga despite their poor home record this season are a difficult nut to crack.

But the jigsaw seems to be falling into the right places and just in time because now onwards almost every game is going to be tough.

The passing in the last few games has been brilliant. Ronaldo is almost omnipresent as are Di Maria and Ozil. Marcelo is defending well. Good times.

Copa del Rey and Murcia up next.

Last two seasons we suffered shock defeats in our first stage in the competition. Real Union and Alcorcon, however won both ties on merit. Guess that's the beauty of cup competitions.

Wow that was a really serious interview from jose and its pretty alarming to see madrid not won the cup since 1993. Lost to zaragoza in the 2004 final if i am right and from then on they have just not been good enough. Still remember a tie with zaragoza(guess its 2007-08) where they lost the 1st leg 6-1 and won the return leg at the bernabeu 4-0

Users who are viewing this thread