Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
Really disappointed with barcelona tbh. 6 goals inside the 1st 35 mins and then they started playing the game too casually . I wanted them to score 4 more :p

Yes both Barca and Real look in good form ahead of the big game next week but the catalans will have home advantage. We have struggled a bit on our travels so far this season. Mourinho will be back on the touchline though which will serve as a good boost.

Should be a cracking game nevertheless.

Yes both Barca and Real look in good form ahead of the big game next week but the catalans will have home advantage. We have struggled a bit on our travels so far this season. Mourinho will be back on the touchline though which will serve as a good boost.

Should be a cracking game nevertheless.

What do you think Mourinho's approach to this game will be? I have a slight feeling that he might approach the game in similar way to how Inter played Barcelona last season.

Last edited:
It's an interesting one. Mourinho has set up his side with a high defensive line this year, being quite open and allowing pretty much everyone licence to get forward when the opportunity is there (how many times has Carvalho been in the opponents penalty area?)

However his tried and trusted against Barca is too play deep and narrow and have a very disciplined set of banks. The starting line up is pretty much confirmed; Mourinho knows what his best side is and there's no way he's going to change it.

Bring on Monday :D

I think the strategy will be similar to what he did with Inter last season. To be compact and not allow Barcelona to pass their way through. However unlike Inter, we have got pace to hit them on the break, be it via the flanks (Marcelo, Ramos, Di Maria, Ronaldo) or through the middle (Ozil, Khedira, Higuain). Alves and Maxwell/Abidal aren't particularly good defensively, so I think Mourinho will be targeting them in particular.

But all that comes into play only if manage to break Barcelona's passing game. It is their biggest strength but as Inter showed last season, also their biggest problem.:D

Personally I'll settle for a draw at the Nou Camp.

If Mourinho approaches the game like he did previously, then it will be interesting to see how well can Ronaldo help to defend for the team.

5-0 for Barcelona. What a great match it was. Ramos could have red carded three times in the end. One for the charge on Messi (which he already got), then for the push on Puyol and then the push on Xavi.

Barcelona were brilliant tonight, played almost a near perfect game. For us it was the first real test this season and I hope the lads learn from it and use it for the better in the future.

The season is still young.

The most awaited game of the season turned out to be the most disappointing one. I cant even remember the last time Mourinho was owned so badly.

So Barcelona get their revenge on Jose Mourinho.

I had class, so I missed out on the match. But the first thing I do after I return and the scoreline sank my heart.
Reading some of the reviews by some commentators were disheartening as well.

Barca where superb. But the season is still young. Barca beat Inter in the champions league quarter final last season - that Inter came back to beat them later in the semi's.

Just like then Mourinho has to learn from those mistakes, so that if Real continue to have a good season by time the next super classico comes around next year, he wil be ready.

Real would have to play two strong defensive mid-fielders (any two of L Diarra, M Diarra, Gago or Khedira).

For heavens sake they can't play with their defensive line so high, since that was a glaring error today & Barca kept beating the off-side trap they where trying to set.

It was a tactical failure on our part. The players were nervous which led to several "half-minded" tackles and blocks.

I agree about playing two defensive midfielders in such games, and maybe Lass would have been a better option to start with. But everyone played poorly.

Mou just needs to get the team's morale back up before the Valencia game. I am confident Barca will drop points this season especially against Espanyol. We just have to ensure we drop fewer. Easy:)

m_vaughan added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

The most awaited game of the season turned out to be the most disappointing one. I cant even remember the last time Mourinho was owned so badly.

This is Mou's biggest defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread