Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
Villareal failed to make their chances count, they should've been well ahead at half time and Madrid were quite lucky to be level at the break. Having said that, Mourinho made the right changes. Brought on Kaka and just pressed Villareal out of the game. Great to see Kaka back, and create/score such a great goal. Wonderful player.

It's a shame that like against Barca, Villareal left with nothing but they played some wonderfully entertaining football.

Can we see either of the two powerhouses dropping some points please ?? Its turning out to be a Scottish premier league and is becoming far too boring with both sides scoring goals for fun . i would rather have a bilateral series between the two consisting of 20 games :facepalm

Any points dropped by either team could prove crucial in the title race. Villarreal come closest to matching these two, but even they couldn't keep it up for 90 minutes.

It might seem a bit boring, but the rest of the league is very competitive and I love watching some of the other games. Just a few days back in the Copa there was this epic game between Almeria and Real Sociedad and also the Villarreal-Valencia derby. There have infact been many good games this season.

Can we see either of the two powerhouses dropping some points please ?? Its turning out to be a Scottish premier league and is becoming far too boring with both sides scoring goals for fun . i would rather have a bilateral series between the two consisting of 20 games :facepalm

I mean if you disregard the fact Barca and Real are at the top of the league. The rest of the league is actually quite closer and there are some good jostling for position taking place from the 3rd place to the 10th place. With not much difference between them.

Yeah while the competition has been pretty good from the 3rd placed side in Villarreal, its been more of a scottish premier league regarding the top 2 where its always been a Celtic-Rangers fight for the title and both hardly drop any points. I loved the last 5 seasons of la liga though , there was always a 3rd team involved until game week 30 , and then silenced off by these 2 . But this season has been too one sided . I have never seen the union of Barca and madrid drop this few points before . Thats what i don't want .

Yeah while the competition has been pretty good from the 3rd placed side in Villarreal, its been more of a scottish premier league regarding the top 2 where its always been a Celtic-Rangers fight for the title and both hardly drop any points. I loved the last 5 seasons of la liga though , there was always a 3rd team involved until game week 30 , and then silenced off by these 2 . But this season has been too one sided . I have never seen the union of Barca and madrid drop this few points before . Thats what i don't want .

I remember Villarreal were 2nd in the 2007-08 season.

The Barcelona and Real Madrid matches are really great to watch nowadays. I was surprised by the attacking mood of Villarreal in the first half. In the second half fitness played a role and Real Madrid were the deserving victors.

On Thursday it's going to be Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid for the Copa del Rey.

I remember Villarreal were 2nd in the 2007-08 season.

Lol yeah that was a season where it was purely real madrid . 4-1 at bernabeau (a day barca fans would have dreaded to play with madrid already been crowned champions) and i cant remember what happened in their first meeting though . Madrid 1-0 ??

Lol yeah that was a season where it was purely real madrid . 4-1 at bernabeau (a day barca fans would have dreaded to play with madrid already been crowned champions) and i cant remember what happened in their first meeting though . Madrid 1-0 ??

Yup. Baptista scored and we went into the winter break with a 7 point lead.

Betis were fantastic last night, a real shame about the scoreline, they deserved much more. Just sums up how brilliant Barca are though. Against a side that played incredibly well, they beat them 5-0. Xavi, Messi and Iniesta were outstanding.

Real vs Athletico was nice. Almost didn't recognise Gago with his new hair cut ha..

2-1 would have been tricky score to take to Vicente Calderon so glad we got that late third goal. Had it not been for David De Gea, we would have easily got two more.

Looking forward to the second leg!

Barcelona are running away with the league.
If Real lose to Barca, the title race maybe over (unless Barca go through like a chelsea like form)

There is only a 4 points difference between Barcelona and Real Madrid with 19 matches left.

But I was surprised that Real Madrid drew with Almeria, while Barcelona recently beat them with 0-8.

There is only a 4 points difference between Barcelona and Real Madrid with 19 matches left.

But I was surprised that Real Madrid drew with Almeria, while Barcelona recently beat them with 0-8.

Almeria had a manager that was going to get sacked after that match back then. So, that perhaps was a factor to the result.

Just saw Cani's goal for Villarreal. A brilliant goal from the halfway line and pretty similar if not the same as Beckham's goal last time in the Premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread