Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hercules Alicante are turning into giant killers. They just beat Sevilla with 2-0 by two goals of Trezeguet (one penalty).

Yesterday I watched the match of Levante vs Real Madrid (0-0). Real Madrid were nowhere near the form they showed against Ajax.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
I want to ask that why players like Messi, Ronaldo etc. they play better for their clubs rather then nation?????:help:help:help:help:help

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
True and adding to that during their club season these players probably play over 50 matches and a montage of the magic moments can be reduced to a few minutes out of hours of play through out the season.
Can you really expect these players to deliver such magic in just couple of hand full games they play for country in a year?

AkshayC

County Cricketer
Because their clubs have better players.

but you must have seen in fifa world cup 2010.Wayne rooney played worst for England but he played better in Manchester United.I think England team has no lack of good players.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Clubs have a whole season where as countries have very less games and its tough to suddenly move from club to country type.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I've always believed England players are overrated. In the years that I've been watching football, only Owen, Beckham, Gerrard and Rooney were actual world class performers who delivered for their country. Some might argue that even Stevie G shouldn't be considered.

And I agree with Vaibhav's point regarding the amount of matches a player plays for his club.

Ofcourse there are enough examples of players who do much better for country than for their club. Podolski and Klose always deliver for Germany but are inconsistent at club level.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Ofcourse there are enough examples of players who do much better for country than for their club. Podolski and Klose always deliver for Germany but are inconsistent at club level.

While its the other way round for players like Luca Toni and Alberto Gilardino . Both have excelled in domestic level , but miserably fail in the Azurri shirt

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Players train and play with their teammates week in week out with their clubs. They only turn up for their countries a few days in advance of a match. Also the clubs can buy and sell players and fit their players into a cohesive system and adjust them if necessary. At international level, you only have a set bunch of players and have to fit them in somehow

War

Chairman of Selectors
Players train and play with their teammates week in week out with their clubs. They only turn up for their countries a few days in advance of a match. Also the clubs can buy and sell players and fit their players into a cohesive system and adjust them if necessary. At international level, you only have a set bunch of players and have to fit them in somehow

Yea & this where @ international level they psycological effect of the players & managers have to different.

Players have to want to do well for their country & not feel when they put on their national colours is a burden. That would explain why German playes like Klose & Podolski for eg play so superbly for their national side compared to ENG players in recent years.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
I hope FC Barcelona will win the la liga. Because they are having the most efficient squad.
V?ctor Vald?s
Daniel Alves
Gerard Piqu?
Carles Puyol
Xavi Hern?ndez
David Villa
Andr?s Iniesta
Lionel Messi
Javier Mascherano
Sergio Busquets
?ric Abidal
not only this Bar?a have the potentiality to win.There are other team also who can win this league( like- Real madrid,valencia etc.)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see Vicente score. He would have been one of the best players of his generation had it not been for injuries. Chori also had a great game and as I had expected is developing into a quality player for Los Che.

The Basques were unlucky though and I honestly believe Caparros should try and give more support to Llorente upfront. The guy was marked by three defenders atleast tonight.

Valencia continue their run and will remain top at the end of this weekend irrespective of the other results.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Xavi and Villa didn't play today for Barcelona. I remember Xavi was injured, but don't know about Villa. Barcelona was playing with some young players, but still were dominating the match. It should have been 4-0 or so at halftime, but it turned out be 1-1.

The son of Luis Enrique made his debut. Also the son of Mazinho (World Cup winner in 1994) Thiago played a part. The son of Luis Enrique showed some pretty good moves.

Some Real Mallorca put at the end of the match the ball between Iniesta's legs just to complete their miserable day.

Real Madrid was playing with their best team, so they won eventually an easy match by 6-1 against Deportivo La Coruna.

JBlues08

Club Captain
It seems that teams are beginning to find out how to play against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. They have only won 1 home league game out of three 3 so far. The upcoming match against Valencia later this month should be tricky. As for Real Madrid, it's very rare to see a Mourinho's team scored so many goals and I think this is the first time his team managed to score 6 goals in one match.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
It was great to win, but in all honesty Deportivo have been poor this season and were pathetic in this game.

@ZexyZahid - Villa was suspended as he received a straight red in the last game against Athletic Bilbao. And Barcelona aren't the only one playing youngsters, as Juan Carlos made his debut for us as well last night and was pretty impressive.

I hope Valencia and Barca trip over each other in the next round of games. But before that its the qualifiers against Lithuania and Scotland. Expecting a lot of goals!

Users who are viewing this thread