Sri Lanka A tour of Australia, June-July 2010

Oh is this simultaneous to a main party tour? Sorry scratch what I said.

I would like to see Mitch Marsh get a run in the ODI A team. He stood out amongst the Warrior wreckage a few times this season.

Voges has had so many chances in ODI's for stuff all return, it will be annoying if he is in the starting 11 though I'm sure he will be.

Jaques was a bit up and down last season so don't blame the selectors there. Rogers definitely unlucky but the selectors clearly don't see him in their plans, same for David Hussey who could have been put into the squad if they were serious about him in the longer formats.

Yea i know Jaques ahd an up & down season coming abck from injury and all. But he was prove test player before injury. I would think for a A-tour he should get first preference over over someone like Ed Cowan surely.

The only excuse i would give the selectors for not picking Rogers. Is maybe since the A-tour was scheduled only recently. It would have been difficult to get Rogers to play given he had already agreed a while back to play the entire county season for Derbyshire.

But if indeed, this is another sign that the selectors dont see him as future test player in case of injury etc. Thats just ridiculous.

On D Hussey. I dont mind him not being looked at as a future test player TBF. In Khawaja, Ferguson, Forrest, Bailey, M Marsh, Smith. Thats enough good young under-30 batsmen, to look beyond Dussey. But i hope Dussey can force his way back into the ODI team for the 2011 WC though.

Cowan was rewarded for his form from last season and what the selection does, is tell all previous players that they won't get a free ride into the A side. They have to perform to the high level we expect.

Mitch Marsh is OUT of this series:
Ankle injury sidelines Mitchell Marsh | Cricket News | Australia | Cricinfo.com

He's replaced by Moises Henriques for both squads - which should have happened in the first place. Now, I love Mitch Marsh's potential and it's a very romantic notion that a young kid with plenty of potential should get picked here to have a look at him, but if Watson (or Smith) was injured would anyone pick him as Australia's all-rounder ahead of Moises right now? Mitch Marsh should be concentrating on playing well for WA before we start handing him 'A' caps IMHO.

Surely they'd pick McDonald anyway.

The trouble with Henriques is that he always makes the simple things look difficult. He has been ineffective for NSW and it's always immediately obvious why. Hastings was the best bowling all-rounder last season and honestly, should consider himself unlucky to be overlooked. Even Dan Christian has cause to express disbelief.

Paine is also likely to get a call up with Haddin injured (in any case, there has to be an extra keeper somewhere), so will we see any little games of keeper leapfrog? There was some competition from the keepers. Ronchi made 3 centuries, but Wade was more consistent. Hartley also made a great deal of runs, but you wouldn't say he looked as good as the other two with the bat. However, he's probably better with the gloves.

Wade probably likely to replace Paine i guess.

War added 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Mitch Marsh is OUT of this series:
Ankle injury sidelines Mitchell Marsh | Cricket News | Australia | Cricinfo.com

He's replaced by Moises Henriques for both squads - which should have happened in the first place. Now, I love Mitch Marsh's potential and it's a very romantic notion that a young kid with plenty of potential should get picked here to have a look at him, but if Watson (or Smith) was injured would anyone pick him as Australia's all-rounder ahead of Moises right now? Mitch Marsh should be concentrating on playing well for WA before we start handing him 'A' caps IMHO.

It depends of which format i guess. In test cricket if Watson gets injured. AUS most likely would hae to drop the Hauritz & play 6 bats - Haddin & 4 quicks.

In ODIs:

Warner/S Marsh
Haddin
Ponting
Clarke
M Hussey
White
Hopes
Smith
Johnson
Bollinger
Tait

The bowling would be weakend a bit without Watto in the ODI team if he gets injured.

Henriques is still being picked on potential even though he wasn't even making the NSW side towards the end of last season. Hastings definitely should be considered unlucky, he just continues to be overlooked for Henriques.

As for the keeper replacement, should be Wade but could be Hartley.

As for the keeper replacement, should be Wade but could be Hartley.

I think they've already called up Wade to the A side. Australia are spoilt for choice when it comes to keepers at the moment! That's always a good thing though, I guess.

From what I heard James Pattinson is replacing Hazelwood. Don't think the selectors rate Hastings bowling.

But Pattinson was already in

Hastings' weakness is pace, but I think he could develop a bit extra like McKay or Drew have.

Users who are viewing this thread