Sri Lanka A tour of Australia, June-July 2010

O'Keefe takes five! Haven't even got to lunch yet.

angryangy added 12 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

And he gets his opposite number, Senanayake, who advanced and was stumped. Sri Lanka A are 7/85

angryangy added 10 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Starc gets Kulasekera lbw as he plays across the line. Left armer to right hander; well bowled.

angryangy added 11 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

9, 10 and that's it. Sri Lanka A all out for 103. 7/35 to O'Keefe and 2/13 at the end for Starc who almost didn't get to bowl. I think they'll take lunch now.

LOL at O'Keefe getting seven wicket, top effort. But poor from the Lankans.

This is sounding like International Cricket 2010, two low scores, two big hauls! Haha, O'Keefe is so underrated it's terrible.

Lol that puts the performance of Senanayake into prospective. Congrats to O'Keefe he was in good form last season. Nice to see Starc picking up 2 wickets. Interesting enough Mendis hasn't been too effective.

Very few Sri Lankan's have ever been capable of playing long innings in Australia, so no surprise whatsoever that their A team batting is failing. Ive watched plenty of O'Keefe, he always looked promising but not threatening, Sri Lankan's dont play spin all that well anyway, much like Pakistan.

305 lead at stumps. 50 for Bailey. He got a bit of a let off, but he made them pay for it. Selectors love to see that. More runs for O'Keefe. Can't get himself away from this game.

Like I said yesterday, with Mendis and Kulasekara at 6 and 7, Sri Lanka A's team structure is a bit questionable. The top order looks decent, but from 6-11, they're a lot weaker than Australia A and that's what has really hurt. From the other perspective, they've got six bowlers in there and yet Paranavitana still manages to sneak in with 3 overs. Sri Lanka A don't appear to need Pradeep and Vidanapathirana and Kulasekara. Probably one or two of them would suffice and that would give them the capacity to include another batsman. One wonders if there's a better reason why they haven't done so. The absence Kandamby, who was intended to captain, suggests fitness issues.

My fellow Australian locals. What should i make of O'Keefe's performance?

Hard to take much out of it considering the SL spinner ripped 8 of our wickets. O'Keefe is basically another Hauritz though.

Hilfy knocks up a 50, he must have spent time on his batting as it has improved a heck of a lot.

Pitch has offered turn and bounce. Don't know if there's much more to make of it.

Ben Hilfenhaus found some massive swing...s of the bat. 50 and out!

Aus A lead by 415. I'd hardly think the wicket is turning less, but it is probably less bouncy, so contrary to logic, the 4th innings will probably be tougher on the bowlers. Expect Sri Lanka A to put up a face saving 4th dig, just maybe not a five session one.

Hilfanhaus scores a half century this shows how pathetic and crappy the lankan bowling attack is.

Users who are viewing this thread