Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh (Dec 08-Jan 09)

Actually the win wasn't expected for Zimbabwe, because Bangladesh have beaten Zimbabwe a lot in the past ODI's.

Also winning an ODI isn't any indication, which is the better Test playing country, because that's a different format.

Anyway, the win should give hope to Zimbabwe.

Actually the win wasn't expected for Zimbabwe, because Bangladesh have beaten Zimbabwe a lot in the past ODI's.

Also winning an ODI isn't any indication, which is the better Test playing country, because that's a different format.

Anyway, the win should give hope to Zimbabwe.

true at the 1st part, lol at the 2nd half, 3rd part yes, its very good for Zims

i knew this was coming. i knew it. every South Asian country likes to understate their opponents, though i am not sure if BD did that, but they still lost. Paki>Ban BD won, Indi>Ban = Indian out of WC, then Sri > ban = Ban won, then BD>Irland and Zim = bd lost to them.

i sow some fans were little high. told them not to go over the moon, Sl knows what Zim got.

BD needs to run around on the next game, and the next series vs Zim at home

MacLovin added 23 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

BD Cricket on Jan 1oth 2005 said:
The first win ! Bangladesh complete a 226 run victory shortly after lunch on the fifth day of the Chittagong Test against Zimbabwe. Enamul Jr runs through Zims with a new Test record of 6 for 45.

and in 2009, they took a step back?

LOL Bangladesh lost to Zimbabwe. Pretty funny. Well done Zimbabwe!!! Spinner opening the innings paid off it seems.

SL has potential to beat both the teams,now with Zim beat BD,and if SL beats BD & Zim,Zim will get chance in finals,lets wait and watch...

I knew Zimbabwe had it in them to beat Bangladesh after having some very close matches with Sri Lanka recently. They were also very determined coming into the tournament with Prosper Utseya saying they were trying to replicate the form of the old Zimbabwean team which used to beat teams like Bangladesh comfortably. I hope Bangladesh lose to Sri Lanka as I want Zimbabwe in the final but I don't see Sri Lanka losing both of their matches unfortunately.

The old Zimbabwe team was amazing. Flower bros, Streak, Olango, Campbell (I think), all amazing players. Beat India a lot anyways.

Zimbabwe won the toss, in the match against Sri Lanka, and chose to field.

Jayasuriya is playing, so hopefully he can make the people in Bangladesh happy with his batting.

and he is out ^^

lol that will make BD ppl happy, because they would want SL to lose, plus it feels good to support the underdogs

Sangakkara and Jayawardene are out cheaply. Jayawardene just went out for a duck.

Here goes another one. Kapugedera is out. Of the 93-4 they've made so far, there are 17 wides.

Mubarak and Mathews are batting and they are the last recognised batsmen. Sri Lanka are currently at 97-5 and it doesn't look good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread