Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh (Dec 08-Jan 09)

Doesn't sound like a great pitch to me as usual. I knew SL only making 210 was too good to be true. Zimbabwe got hammered.

Last edited:
Mendis broke A Agarkar's record,it took 10 years for that...

Tharanga gone for a duck in the 3rd ball. I think BD will win this.

I am reading this quote:

"I haven't told my mother about my debut match yet. She'll be the happiest person when she sees me out there."
Bangladesh's new fast bowler Rubel Hossain has a surprise in store. Will he pull it off?
Jan 14, 2009

And Rubel Hossain really performed. He got 4-33 in 6 overs against Sri Lanka, although they were tailenders' wickets, they still count.

There is already one out from Bangladesh: Junaid Siddique is run out for a duck.

It looks like a typical surrender from a dominant position by Bangladesh, but I do believe the pair of Mohammad Ashraful and Shakib Al Hasan are capable of getting them over the line in this one.

So far you're being right, because they've been scoring 33 runs in 3.4 overs, which is pretty fast. Especially Shakib Al Hasan is the one who is hitting the balls.

But Muralitharan and Mendis have yet to bowl.

They're right on target and have faced the better part of the danger from Mendis, but now they must accelerate if they want to claim the bonus point.

I am loving this.Good going Bangladesh.Actually that is why I was saying that It was too early to judge Mendis a month ago.No doubt He is one of the top spin bowler at the moment but it won't take long time when People start to read his variations and He won't be as much effective as now.
Sakib ul Hasan hardly went wrong again Mendis.I am pretty impressed with Shakib because He is spot on against both the spinners.
Shakib is pure class,trust me.I would be very disappointed If Bangladesh won't make this count. :D

There goes Ashrafool :mad: Shakib needed his support :( Cmon Bangladesh, you can win this :happy

Yes, Bangladesh can win this. In How many overs does Bangladesh need to win in order to put SriLanka out of the tournament???

Bangladesh will win this now :D

btw why doesn't Malinga play anymore in Srilankan side?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread