Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh (Dec 08-Jan 09)

Mendis got a wicket, but Shakib Al Hasan is still there. He deserves a century though and he needs 11 runs for that and that's the same runs that Bangladesh need for victory.

Shakib Al Hasan won't get his century, because Naeem Islam just hit a four.

And Naeem Islam just hit a six to win the match. And that against Mendis.

Bangladesh won by 5 wickets.

Last edited:
It will be Sri Lanka against Bangladesh in the final.

Apart from that Zimbabwe has a lower runrate, that runrate doesn't matter now. Bangladesh got the bonus points and both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka got now 5 points, while Zimbabwe has four.

Either way, Bangladesh just needed a win, because their runrate was already better then Zimbabwe's runrate, before this match.

Shakib Al Hasan is going to be the future captain for sure, but that along will bring him pressure as well. He is the premier batsman and bowler and then he needs to handle captaincy. But that hasn't happen so far.

I'm sure Sri Lanka will come back hard.

It was Bangladesh's day all along. They won the toss and bowled out Sri Lanka for a paltry 147. Mortaza and Rubel were the pick of the bowlers, with Rubel taking 4 wickets on debut. Shakib was really the hero of the day, smashing an unbeaten 92 of just 69 balls and ensuring Bangladesh a bonus point and a place in the final. He really toyed with the Sri Lankan bowlers carving them to all parts of the ground.

i was shaking through out the whole time! its 3 o'clock in the morning!! i got school in few hrs!

Shakib is a class! he didnt make ONE mistake, the shots he played was classic. those last to 4s off Murali and love those 2 6es he smashed! specially, the...(i dont know what to call it) slap-shot six.

good win for BD.

Well done Bangladesh! Good to see Sri Lanka absolutely thrashed to be honest. I hope it's a Zimbabwe Bangladesh final. That's possible right? What has to happen?

Murili and Mendis got SMASHED!

it wont happen, unless Zim had the bonus point rather then SL^^

best part about this is, M&M together only got ONE wicket, went for more then 70 runs in 11 overs

Well done Bangladesh! Good to see Sri Lanka absolutely thrashed to be honest. I hope it's a Zimbabwe Bangladesh final. That's possible right? What has to happen?

Murili and Mendis got SMASHED!

Zimbabwe didn't make it to the final due to poor run rate and plus Srilanka and Bangladesh had bonus points.

It's a shame Zimbabwe missed out:(

Users who are viewing this thread