Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh (Dec 08-Jan 09)

I was thinking more along the lines of this one
Anandha: "Mahela is a different captain. He may wants his batsmen to have some good batting practice because there will be a few back-to-back to cricket ahead for SL. I don't blame on him giving opportunities to his batsmen to have a go with the bat."

An emphatic victory for Sri Lanka. Dilshan, who hit centuries in both innings, picked up 4 wickets in his short spell after Shakib and Rahim had frustrated Sri Lanka with a useful partnership. A target of 624 was always going to be difficult but once Bangladesh lost their top order, they were fighting to take the game to the final day.

Dilshan with 2 big hundreds! Amazing. He's either improved (probably the case) or Bangladesh just screwed up and let a mediocre batsman pummel them. 600 lead, they may as well declare to be honest! They're just risking a draw now (which probably won't happen, but scoring 600 runs in 5 sessions is even more unlikely)
It's one thing to score against Bangladesh, but he did what you'd expect of a good batsman, he found the next gear and really punished them. He's at the right point in his career to be hitting peak form and he did score a belligerent century against India in the middle of the year, so I think it's not unfair to say if he gets a start on a half-decent pitch, any team should be wary.

Surprising to see people critical of the declaration, considering the match was wrapped up in 4 days. Oh well.

Regardless of the opposition cricket is cricket, I believe that Dilshan has revived his career, he did not get the runs from heaven, he played, batted and scored runs, lots of them. It is more than I can say for Warnapura, Sangakkara or Mahela, if the opposition is weak, when you get them down then you must pound them into the ground, and he did.

SL won by a big margin :465 runs!
Thanks to Dilshan & Mendis..Murli was wicketless in 2nd inngs...

I was thinking more along the lines of this one

i know which one you were going along with! and thats why point out which one i was going with. and the one you pointed out is just STUPID! the dude who wrote it is one stupid guy too..

like my guy said, they should learn how to make a sporting declaration. like the 1st game even though it was little high, BD fought back! and we enjoyed the test match! it was a good game!

but yesterday, that Mahela just messed it up! he chickened out! and BD was feed up, so was the viewers. even the Sri Lankan fans. (may be not the stupid ones). they started using their batting opener to bowl... they just could wait till it was just over...

like that guy said learn it from Pointing. He is playing vs one of the best team and he declared with 375! thats half of SL, and even though they lost few days ago with 420+ led! and SL could, not even with 550...even though they won last time ...

Mahela...chicken...

So which team do you guys think will make it to the ?

I know for sure Srilanka will make it(and probably will win the series)

but It's a though one between Zimbabwe ad Bangla

Zim lost their openers, but they are playing good cricket now

MacLovin added 15 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

just sa i said that Zim just starting to fall apart

tamim was on 13...i am going, Bad luck bad luck...ba...and he got out the MOST BIZARRE way

Bangladesh will now have to defeat Sri Lanka if they are to have any chance of making it to the finals.

Well, good win for Zimbabwe as expected. Nice knock by Elton down the order and bowled well as well.

Good for the final as well, we'll put up a better show than Bangladesh would. Goes to show which team deserves to be playing test cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread