Sri Lanka in Australia

Yeah he has 17 of 63 balls, if it wasn't coming up to the end of he day he would make Sri Lanka pay. But im sure he will do that tomorrow :) Pretty slow batting by Aus, 3.16 an over.

Aye, but we got Gilly in the sheds. ;)
praise.gif

Aye, but we got Gilly in the sheds. ;)
praise.gif

unfortunately for aussie fans. :p Symonds is a much more destructive player going on recent form, his one too watch here

Last edited:
Murali seems to be edging closer to overtaking Warne in Australia a reality. Australia on top here, I think. Sri Lanka would want to have at least 5-6 down if they chose to field first.

Hes 7 away from catching up and 8 from beating him.

He might take 4 this innings, 3 the next which will tie it. Hes gonna get it no doubt.

Hmm,I remember Ponting saying that he will do everything to stop Murali from overtaking Warne.
At present it seems that Murali will break the record in Australia itself.

The main thing is to stop him from getting there, the top order has to be in perfect form so as to not expose the tail to him. He would clean up the tail pretty quickly, I think.

Definately,thats his speciality.
I thought that Hayden might have stayed at wicket longer than he did.
Anyways,theres always a next time.

Quite a poor day for SL startd with the selections and then fernando's bowling and the dropped catches. If they held on it could've easily been 240 odd for 6 instead of 3 and would've made the decision look good. Murali was at his best when bowling around the wicket he should really do it more often. Ponting's wicket was a gem.

Its ironic that before the match everyone was talking about the quickies getting the wickets before murali but as usual looks like he's on his own even though maharoof bowled pretty well at the death there.

Yeah Fernando was all over the place, deserved to get smashed and i hope he doesn't get a wicket. Sri Lanka should have played Malinga.

Good 100 from Jaques, I watched the start where he was strgullging to get going but then i fell asleep. Glad to see Murali with a couple and if Sri Lanka want a chance he'll have to take early wickets in the morning.

Yeah Fernando was all over the place, deserved to get smashed and i hope he doesn't get a wicket. Sri Lanka should have played Malinga.

thank you, would have said the same thing.

Maharoof and Fernando arent Test bowlers, they are great in ODIs but suck in tests and Malinga would have been a way better choice.

Phil Jaques has a terrific technique, I hope he is consistent in the rest of the series as he has had problems with his form. His innings turned into a superb one after what I heard was an unsure start.

I, and I am sure lots of people, expected more from Matthew Hayden and Ricky Ponting today. Maybe it was just the conditions at the time and the nerves that the first Test brings. I am sure they will get it right later in the series.

Finally, the quality of the television broadcast has been excellent, compared to that of the India vs Pakistan series. Sky Sports used their own graphics and commentators during the Ashes tour so this is the first time I have heard Richie Benaud commentating on a live game since 2005. It was well worth watching.

I will be getting up at 6.00am again tomorrow to see some more!

Users who are viewing this thread