Sri Lanka in Australia

Murali was pretty much always going to break the record down here. The only way to stop him from getting under 10 wickets in 4 inns is for your side to go not out in all 4 of those inns.

Phil Jaques has a terrific technique, I hope he is consistent in the rest of the series as he has had problems with his form. His innings turned into a superb one after what I heard was an unsure start
Didn't get off the mark until he faced 34 balls.

I think Punter and Haydos played very well but everyone expected them to go on and finish the job but they definately helped Australia a lot.

Nah
We can bowl em out twice in a row I reckon. Enforce the follow on and then maybe a late chase on day 5.

Sri Lanka were ok apart from Fernando who was way to loose.
Maharoof and Murali were econmical but Sri Lanka never were threatening.
Jaques played well despite the slow start due to the nerves after taking over from Langer. Bad shot to get out though.

If Sri Lanka can get some early wickets tommorrow, they'll be in the box seat.

If Austrlalia bat on and make over 400, then they'll be in control for the rest of this match.

It was a good first day. Unfortunately rain and bad light played their parts in proceedings but what action we got was good.

I was happy to see Phil Jaques make his maiden test ton. He had a really shaky start but he eventually found his feet and had a great knock. They way he got out was disappointing but he went a long way to making the spot his own

Hopefully Clarke and Hussey can get a few tomorrow and then there's still Symonds and Gilchrist to come in any case

INteresting to see who opens the bowling with Lee. I think that it should be Johnson. Clark may have more test experience but I really think that he is suited to being first change bowler in the test side

It'd be a pretty good opening pair that saw Lee and Johnson both bowling around the 150km/h mark

I haven't liked the coverage tbh Lee. Richie really is the worst guy in the world when you want to stay up and one of hte commentators was so annoying and biased it makes you realise why when it comes to cricket the Aussies are probably the most disliked team in the world. That and they hardly ever lose!

Wheres the next test? If Sri Lanka scrape a draw because of weather and a bit of luck then I'm hoping they'll bring in Malinga, have Kumar back and will be playing on a turning wicket. That really is the only hope Sri Lanka have of a series win imo

I haven't liked the coverage tbh Lee. Richie really is the worst guy in the world when you want to stay up and one of hte commentators was so annoying and biased it makes you realise why when it comes to cricket the Aussies are probably the most disliked team in the world. That and they hardly ever lose!

Wheres the next test? If Sri Lanka scrape a draw because of weather and a bit of luck then I'm hoping they'll bring in Malinga, have Kumar back and will be playing on a turning wicket. That really is the only hope Sri Lanka have of a series win imo

Better than Willis. And I'm getting up at 6 to watch instead of staying up for it.

To be fair Willis wouldn't be leading the coverage, he doesn't commentate on the tests anymore I don't think anyway. Plus sky need more studio guests, when it rains I don't want an hour long interview with Ian Harvey followed by the ashes highlights from 2006/07. I want Ian Harvey and some other people followed by highlights of Edgabston 2005 :p

I thought Micheal Slater and Ian Chappel have joined ESPN-STAR.
Or are they just filling in the slots at C9 ?

It will be interesting to see how they guys coming in for the Aussie will do. Jaques has already got a century, will be intersting to see how Johnson shapes up. MacGill is already a proven performer, and I am glad he has got a chance to come out of the shadow of Warne.

Hope Sri Lanka put up a fight in this series, I don't think the conditions will suit Vaas so Murali will have to weave some magic.

Phil Jaques has a terrific technique, I hope he is consistent in the rest of the series as he has had problems with his form. His innings turned into a superb one after what I heard was an unsure start.

No he doesn't. In fact, many former greats of Australian cricket our doubting whether or not he will be successful in the long run due to his large bottom hand influence on the cover drive.

"I just really can't see how you can be a successful test player and have that much of a large bottom hand influence through the covers" O'Keefe said that and Ian Chappel said something along those lines as well.

Users who are viewing this thread