Sri Lanka in Australia

They have hope with our bowling lineup. Will Lee stand up and how will Johnson and MacGill go? That has always been the question marks going into our summer, our batting just added Jaques for Langer.

The way Australia is going they're looking for an innings victory. But hopefully the Sri Lankan batsmen can also put a big total to make this match interesting.

Marvelous 100 by Clarke he certainly loves playing at the Gabba. Hes been a real joy to watch today from the pull shot straight over the bowlers head to his lovely cover drives and dances down the wicket to smack Murali.

Just turned the Tele on after getting home from school. Didn't think Clarke and Hussey would both get hundreds. Great batting effort by Australia and more batting is still in the sheds :)

Hussey's hundred was pretty good apart from the 2 or 3 dropped chances.

Clarke's hundred was absolutely brilliant. What a player.

If I do recall, I think sohummrisa or whatever his user name stated that Murali would 'rip' through our batting lineup ala the way McGrath has done to many batting lineups in his time.

Great mindblowing figures of 2/170. Doesn't look his going to be improving that bowling record in Australia, does it?

Warne has always had to contend with these sort of pitches in career while Murali is now getting a taste of what it's like to bowl on a flat/non turning pitch. Maybe he should've boycotted this series. ;)

well there goes any doubt i had about Australia, this obviously isnt the best bowling attack they will face other than Murli nobody is a threat but boy their batting hasnt droped one bit with Langer and Martyn out. now lets see what the bowlers are gona do without Warne and McGrath.

Absolutely superb stuff today for the Aussies. Pup and Hussey were amazing. Great stuff from Roy at the end. Gilly didn't bat. :(

Was thinking we might bat on with all this light stuff, but it seems not. I feel they'll be offered the light nearly straight away. We'll have to see.

ill say withing the 1st 5 overs one of the openers will fall, spend the whole day out in the field and than face lee and Clark mainly Lee. someone is not gona be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread