Sri Lanka in Australia

With only Vaas and Murali as their main strike bowlers, its nowhere going to be enough against a top class opponent. No support for Murali and Vaas.

They should have played Malinga.
Also the bowling lacked the spirirt.There was absolutely no enthusiasm.

This is the start we needed :) Great attack from Lee :happy

I'd say 3 more from Lee by stumps ! :happy

Johnson was unimpressive today. We should've opened with Clark instead and had Johnson at first change. Why did Ponting give MacGill the ball so early? Wouldn't it take the shine off the ball with MacGill spinning it so much?

So at this stage Australia are effective down a bowler with Johnson not really hitting the mark. We're gonna have to rely on Symonds and Clarke more =(

Johnson was bowling well, hitting the pitch at 145km/ph and was doing well for his debut, he will get at least 2 wickets tomorrow i bet.

That bad decision Lee got makesup for the obvious edge no one noticed off Johnson.

They should have played Malinga.
Also the bowling lacked the spirirt.There was absolutely no enthusiasm.

I'd say 3 more from Lee by stumps ! :happy

No, i would say 3 more by Johnson, Clark and Mcgill :)

When it rains it pours. On top of the pummelling in the field bad luck as well. Poor decision for sanath he was looking quite confident too. Good bowling from lee but macgill didn't look threatning. Johnson looked ok but didn't make them play much. Its upto these two now. Either one should get a big hundred. The track looks a belter. If they stay patient like hussey and clarke should be able to make runs. But its a big ask.

Felt sorry for Murali. Bowled pretty well but the dropped catches and bad fielding let him down. Lets hope for a good days play tom.

Last edited:
Johnson was bowling well, hitting the pitch at 145km/ph and was doing well for his debut, he will get at least 2 wickets tomorrow i bet.

Aye, top speed: 150.3kph ;)

Lee superb. 2/4 from 5 overs with 4 maidens. Just one bad ball which was punished by Sanath for four. Just imagine if that hadn't have been hit. 2/0 from 5 overs with 5 maidens. :D

Australia are scary to be honest. Not so much in their bowling, but their batting is just absolutely awesome - these guys are just so good aren't they? They are so far above the rest of the world with the bat it is really scary.

However, I'm not yet sold on their pace attack. I'm a big fan of MacGill, Lee and Clark bowls pretty well but they really lack that other bowler. Hopefully (for Aussies sakes) Johnson and Hilfy do well.

Poor Sri Lankas... I don't think they stand much of a chance. Chasing 551 and taking the lead within the next 3 days? And they got the 2nd Innings to play as well.

Last edited:
Johnson was unimpressive today. We should've opened with Clark instead and had Johnson at first change. Why did Ponting give MacGill the ball so early? Wouldn't it take the shine off the ball with MacGill spinning it so much?

So at this stage Australia are effective down a bowler with Johnson not really hitting the mark. We're gonna have to rely on Symonds and Clarke more =(
It's a bit Indian of you to jump ship this early.

Two reasons MacGill would get the ball early. One is that like Warne before him, Australian captains generally haven't been afraid to use the leg spinner early. MacGill is as much a wicket taker as anyone in the team and could be a real chance if he were to get a stoic batsman like Atapattu playing some shots.

Secondly, with substantial cloud cover, slow bowling can foil attempts to offer the batsmen bad light. With Lee and Johnson happily hitting 145 kph and up, they increase that risk. With MacGill at one end and Clark at the other, they may have gotten a couple more overs of pace than Lee or Johnson would have given. It didn't pay off, but that's not to say it was a bad idea.

ah stupid Channel 9 Adelaide is putting on the stupid SA Christmas pageant from 10:00 am 'till 11:30 am :noway so that means Adelaide miss out on the first hour and a half of play because Father Christmas is coming to town :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread