Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
andrew_nixon said:
Please, share your evidence, you obviously have some.

Two people with evidence, this should be interesting!
Chill out man! :cheers

I'm really surprised at Irfan Pathans form!Not a great first day score,but i don't know what the pitch is like........Murali is as dangerous as ever,just hope Laxman and Pathan keep that in my mind as they continue.Go India!

It'll be great if Pathan makes 50+, but hope more and laxman gets his century. Come on India!!!

Dhoni said:
What's ridiculous? I can call legend anyone I want! I was so happy for Dhoni so I called him legend; and now does that mean I really meant that? NO!

You can't call him a 'Legend' yet but you can call him a "Legend Killer" ;)

saisrini80 said:
I feel he chucks because he bends his arm too much! If the ICC have changed the bending rules, I dont care. They're wrong. This guy derives a lot of pace from bending his 'arm' that much! He makes Shoaib look better!

My line and length is good but when ever I ball I chuck for some strange reason :( So I can't ball on my team but now their making me a wicketkeeper, which is cool aswell :) The question is if he can 'Chuck' in international cricket than why can't I in BACA :upray

saisrini80 said:
My previous post on Malinga has been edited. Its my opinion, sorry! Meanwhile, I feel he chucks because he bends his arm too much! If the ICC have changed the bending rules, I dont care. They're wrong. This guy derives a lot of pace from bending his 'arm' that much! He makes Shoaib look better!

I think even Murali chucks even though its within the laws of the game!
You're very confident that he chucks aren't you? You must have some pretty good evidence, but you seem shy on sharing it with the rest of us.

Big_Boss said:
My line and length is good but when ever I ball I chuck for some strange reason :( So I can't ball on my team but now their making me a wicketkeeper, which is cool aswell :) The question is if he can 'Chuck' in international cricket than why can't I in BACA :upray
Nobody can bowl with an illegal action in international cricket, once they've been reported and analysed.

andrew_nixon said:
You're very confident that he chucks aren't you? You must have some pretty good evidence, but you seem shy on sharing it with the rest of us.

Nobody can bowl with an illegal action in international cricket, once they've been reported and analysed.

Well, I feel in Murali's case, he bends his arm really very much to derive more pace into his delivery. Plus he spins the ball more from the back of his hand which I include it also as chucking!

This theory of mine need not be in terms with the ICC, but this is what I feel! He gets more turn because of that way of bowling and with more pace due to his bending, he is a 'chucker' in my opinion!

Another delayed start???!!! This is going to be bad for Sri Lanka! They cant use the moisture of the morning to their best! This half an hour will be compensated in the afternoon session when its the best for batting! yesterday it might have been worse for India had they got the first hour of play!

Last edited:
56866.jpg

"Sachin Tendulkar recieves an award from Sharad Pawar for his 35 Test centuries and Anil Kumble for his 100th Test, India v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Ahmedabad, 1st day, December 18, 2005" - Cricinfo :clap

I hope Laxman and Pathan hit a century :happy

Go India!
groupwave.gif

Laxman on 99!

Irfan Pathan batting superbly!

Thats it! Brilliant patient hundred by Laxman!

Pathan stuck on his left shoulder! Hope its nothing serious!

Laxman gone, after making a patient, well-crafted 104.
I hope India will move on and score close to 400.

book1.gif
Laxman out at 104 by Maharoof - India is on 319 at this point, Pathan 66* and Agarkar 5* - We well make it up to 350. I think Now our bowlers have to do their job and we WIN
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
At lunch, India at 319-7 with Pathan on 66* and Agarkar on 5*

Tremendous position this! 31 more runs and India firmly in the push for a victory! This pitch is perfectly suited for Anil Kumble and Harbhajan can get bounce from it too with his big turn! Even Viru can bowl his off breaks and can get good turn!

Fantastic innings from Laxman! Sad that he could not go on! Pathan is truly becoming one among the best all rounders in the current international circuit! Sadly, he doesnt have the opportunity to prove himself on foreign wickets as the next opportunity for him in mid-2006 when India tours West Indies. Yet Pakistan will also be a great test for him! And England bowlers can also give him a tight time!

Sri Lanka are being continuously pushed to a corner here! India should not let up and should truly bury Sri Lanka!

Last edited:
Pathan's damn good and he's really living up to the expectations of the India media of becoming an all-rounder. Maybe in years to come he can become India's Flintoff

shravi said:
Pathan's damn good and he's really living up to the expectations of the India media of becoming an all-rounder. Maybe in years to come he can become India's Flintoff

He's not as flamboyant as Flintoff. So he will not be as popular as Flintoff will be!

But if he continues like this, he can overtake Flintoff in terms of consistency in match winning performances!

Oh damn! Pathan out for 82! Man, when is he going to get an hundred? I was waiting eagerly for it!

345/8 now India! Doing very well! Hope Kumble and Bhajji can take it through to 375+

India all out for 398! Kumble OUT for 21!

Certainly a huge total considering this wicket! If India can rout Sri Lanka for under 300 by the end of third day tomorrow, they would be in a fantastic position to win this test and win the series 2-0

Last edited:
398 Allout.

Cricketman93 said:
Kartik :p lol
No, KARTHIK!

saisrini80 said:
My previous post on Malinga has been edited. Its my opinion, sorry! Meanwhile, I feel he chucks because he bends his arm too much! If the ICC have changed the bending rules, I dont care. They're wrong. This guy derives a lot of pace from bending his 'arm' that much! He makes Shoaib look better!

I think even Murali chucks even though its within the laws of the game!
Ahem, your wrong. Malinga's arm remains straight, and he bends his body. Perfectly allowed.
Murali bends his arm, but within the 15 degree limit.
Akhtar partly bended his arm and partly his body. Again, he was within the 15 degree limit. Perfectly allowed.

Wow Pathan really is going from strength to strength, when India next tour Australia he will be quite a handful! Look forward to seeing him play, he was excellent last time he came out here. India (as always) have a wealth of talented youngsters in their ranks.

Good recovery from India here, they are well and truly in control.

Users who are viewing this thread