Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
India 200/6 so far. They should try and get to 300 if they can. Still possible with Pathan and Laxman at the crease.

Good come back by India. And, some good batting by Laxman, Dhoni and Pathan. Hopefully, India will get to 300 runs tomorrow.

India were 95 for 5 at one stage with all the seasoned players out . Laxman along with Dhoni and Pathan brought the score to 247/6 .This is very good sign for the Indian team as they have now guys like Dhoni and Pathan who can lift the innings even when the team is down . Today credit should go to Dhon who played a wonderful innings . His innings today resembled that of Gilchrist ( Dhoni's Idol ) who had rescued the Aussies many times when they were in a similar situation .Of course Dhoni himself knows that he has a long way to reach the standards set by Gilchrist but the fact that he has made a positive start in his career is sure to take him to the standards that is set by Gilchrist in the years to come .Wishing him all the best .

Dhoni is a legend!!! I bet if there was Karttik or Patel they could have got out so easily. It's not that easy to play Murli in test cricket. Sri Lanka is lucky to have Murli in their side other wise Dhoni would destroy them. Dhonii was beaten by beauty from Murli and got LBW out.
And, there is no question about Pathan's batting and bowling. He's such a great player for India. I hope Pathan and Laxman both make centuries tomorrow.

Actually, Karthik may have gotten out early, but Patel is a very good batsman, and I feel would actually been unbeaten at stumps. However, he would have scored slower and been on 40 odd...

I agree ZoraxDoom Patel is a better batsman than Karthik, but you can't expect Patel to score runs at faster rate like Dhoni does. Dhoni proved that he's not just an ODI player but also a good test player. He deserves to be in the Indian team, but he needs to work on his technique. Sachin or maybe some one else needs to help and teach him in the nets. I'm sure he's going to improve. And, there is no question about his wicket keeping. He's doing a fine job!

Dhoni said:
I agree ZoraxDoom Patel is a better batsman than Karthik, but you can't expect Patel to score runs at faster rate like Dhoni does. Dhoni proved that he's not just an ODI player but also a good test player. He deserves to be in the Indian team, but he needs to work on his technique. Sachin or maybe some one else needs to help and teach him in the nets. I'm sure he's going to improve. And, there is no question about his wicket keeping. He's doing a fine job!
I disagree ! Kaarthik is a very ble batsman and has a very sound technique (better than Dhoni, I dare say) .
How can we forget his matchwinning 93 vs Pakistan when India were delicately poised . His partnership of 200 odd with Dravid set the platform for a 195 run win .
Dhoni, has the temperament though .

Dhoni said:
I never said Patel scored faster.
And Dhoni will easily be found out for his technique -or lack off- on the backfoot by England and Australia. Karthik was more of a chipper away, not that great, and no match winner like Dhoni, but solid enough technique and temperment.

Oh well, we will just have to see how Dhoni does against England...

You may be right Aditya but I'm saying this again that we can't say anything till Dhoni faces likes of Harmison,Flintoff,Jones,Lee and Mcgrath away from home.Only then we will be able to compare karthik,Patel and Dhoni.I'm agree with Zorax.

Well excellent comeback by India so far!

Dhoni was very good and Pathan is so far doing a very fine job with Laxman! I gave up hope when Kaif got out at 88-5! But this has been very good fightback!

How come the action of Lasith Malinga is not scrutinised? I feel he is 'chucking'! Murali was getting exaggerated turn and bounce from the wicket! And with the wicket also keeping low at times, both Harbhajan and Kumble will come heavily into play in this game! 247 seems to be a very good total in my opinion so far! We need to target 300. If we cross 300, we are in a very very good position.

What happened to our wonder boy and our new middle order replacement 'Yuvraj Singh'? I told u he looks totally stupid against spinners this series? His technique itself is flawed when playing spinners. His bat angle was pointing towards slip when faced Murali and Murali's big turn got the edge through to Samaraweera! Yuvraj doesnt look good at all against spin and with this, I dont see how he can flourish in test cricket!

Dhoni said:
Dhoni is a legend!!! I bet if there was Karttik or Patel they could have got out so easily. It's not that easy to play Murli in test cricket. Sri Lanka is lucky to have Murli in their side other wise Dhoni would destroy them. Dhonii was beaten by beauty from Murli and got LBW out.
And, there is no question about Pathan's batting and bowling. He's such a great player for India. I hope Pathan and Laxman both make centuries tomorrow.

lol.
Dhoni - a legend? I'm not very sure if people call Gilchrist a legend, yet. Even Anil took 100 tests to be called a "legend". Dhoni is far far from that.

Don't underestimate other's capabilities. Patel scored brave and brilliant 50's against pakistan, england and Australia in their respective countries. He is a talented youngster. So is Karthik. Dhoni is just an upcoming player, nothing else.

cricket_lover said:
lol.
Dhoni - a legend? I'm not very sure if people call Gilchrist a legend, yet. Even Anil took 100 tests to be called a "legend". Dhoni is far far from that.

Don't underestimate other's capabilities. Patel scored brave and brilliant 50's against pakistan, england and Australia in their respective countries. He is a talented youngster. So is Karthik. Dhoni is just an upcoming player, nothing else.

Yes, but Dhoni looks a much more special talent than these Parthiv's and Karthick's! He can tear into bowling attacks and turn draws and defeats into victories!

Aha, but see, he could turn wins to losses too. Patel and Karthik are much less riskier. Patel is braver when facing bowlers, and takes risks, but still bats sensibly. I still feel in 5-6 years he will be in our middle order for his batting alone.
Karthik can be Dhoni like but he is content to play out overs and bat cautiously. But he can hit the ball hard, Karthik. Just needs a confidence boosting innings and he could too be a lethal 'Dhoni-like' batsman.

saisrini80 said:
Yes, but Dhoni looks a much more special talent than these Parthiv's and Karthick's! He can tear into bowling attacks and turn draws and defeats into victories!

Parthiv's talent was discovered when he was 16 years. He scored a 50 when he was 17 years and few more before he turned 19. He has talent. His wicket-keeping skills is not great and i'm sure he is on his way to improve the skills.

Dhoni, however, is an attacking player. It suits him and the Indian needs. Its not exactly talent but rather confidence and an aggressive mindset. Karthik is more technically sound than Dhoni. That is talent. He is defensive in mindset and that cost him the place.

I'm quite sure Dhoni will be a common player in both ODI's and tests. It will only change if Karthik/Patel improve in their own fields.

Users who are viewing this thread