Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
Yes, but Dhoni looks a much more special talent than these Parthiv's and Karthick's! He can tear into bowling attacks and turn draws and defeats into victories!

Kartik :p lol

nah, patel sucks, and kartiks not as good as dhoni. Kartik has to be our back up keeper, or if he improves his batting a little may be a test keeper. I wouldn't mind to see him open in the long form of the game.

100th page! :D

I don't UNDERSTAND!!! Why do you people jealous of DHONI? Man what hasn't he done for India? Go check his record at www.cricinfo.com and see how many records he has broken already in 25-30 ODI matches he played so far. I don't give crap about technique and all that. You can't compare Patel and Kartik with my boy Dhoni. Can Patel or Kartik score 183 even in domestic 50 overs match? I don't think so! Dhoni isn't someone who only attacks, but also if the situation demands he can be a very good defensive player as well. Thank god that we got player like Dhoni in our team other wise I was about to stop watching Indian cricket. It was so boring!!! All defensive payers and look at our record from last few years. We have lost so many important matches. We have enough players with technique and all that in our team; having someone in the team like Dhoni isn?t a bad thing. Also, he?s a lot better wicket keeper than baby Patel and little skinny Kartik.

Lol Dhoni why you getting to much hyper. Why we would be jealous of Dhoni. To tell you the truth Kartik is much better than Dhoni in test match. Cause the reason is Kartik can be more dependable and can stay in teh crease for th long amount of time. Suppose in the last day after lunch we have 4 wickets left and we need something like 250 or whatever Kartik can stay long amount of time in the crease and can save the test match.

Dhoni said:
I don't UNDERSTAND!!! Why do you people jealous of DHONI? Man what hasn't he done for India? Go check his record at www.cricinfo.com and see how many records he has broken already in 25-30 ODI matches he played so far. I don't give crap about technique and all that. You can't compare Patel and Kartik with my boy Dhoni. Can Patel or Kartik score 183 even in domestic 50 overs match? I don't think so! Dhoni isn't someone who only attacks, but also if the situation demands he can be a very good defensive player as well. Thank god that we got player like Dhoni in our team other wise I was about to stop watching Indian cricket. It was so boring!!! All defensive payers and look at our record from last few years. We have lost so many important matches. We have enough players with technique and all that in our team; having someone in the team like Dhoni isn?t a bad thing. Also, he?s a lot better wicket keeper than baby Patel and little skinny Kartik.
:happy

Dhoni said:

lol! why would we be jealous of Dhoni? I'm not parthiv or karthik, nor am i a "fan" of any such cricketer.
Your boy Dhoni? since when.
It is always good to support players but not at the cost of dis-respecting other players and rules.

Parthiv and Karthik are much technically sound players. Parthiv played according to the situations as well. He attacked brilliantly in the 4th test in Sydney and played a composed knock against Pakistan in the third test at Rawalpindi. Karthik is also equally good and we could see that in his two-three knocks he played.

Dhoni is good for India. No one disagrees with that. What we disagree is
"Dhoni is a legend", which makes no sense. You call someone a legend when that player experienced all the pros/cons of cricket and still came on top. Dhoni is just a baby. He still needs to play 10~ years to be a legend.

Let us not hype about cricketers. If we call Dhoni a legend, then what should Kumble, Gilchrist and all other current great players be called?

You call Sir Viv. Richards a legend because he played, consistently, for a long time. He was a natural aggressive player and probably the best.

Dhoni has a long way to go. It is good to see him performing, let him continue. Do not tag him. We dont' want Dhoni to be that "promising yet failed" cricketer.

Yap you're right Cricket Lover. Lol Dhoni just started his carrier and suddenly called Legend. It's ridiculous.

@cricket_lover, Dhoni isn't my boy! It's just the way I speak, boy! :D

vibs89 said:
Yap you're right Cricket Lover. Lol Dhoni just started his carrier and suddenly called Legend. It's ridiculous.
What's ridiculous? I can call legend anyone I want! I was so happy for Dhoni so I called him legend; and now does that mean I really meant that? NO!

Last edited:
I meant to be sarcastic...may be not a very good example.
Also, your opinion is respected by other people but there was little point in over-hyping about Dhoni or any other player when they are just beginning their career.

Coming back to the match
The morning session is going to be crucial. There is every chance that India might collapse, as they did in the first innings of the last two matches. We should try to avoid that. Laxman and Pathan must close the shop and play it slow until lunch, our score crawling towards 300. Post lunch session can then be dominated by the batsman and score some quick runs. We will need a score excess of 350 to gain the advantage.

Sri Lanka will be looking for early wickets. few early wickets will mean they can bundle out India cheaply.

I think anything above 300 would be great for us! If anyone of you had seen the match, the wicket turned square on day one and the occasional balls are keeping low or are bouncing high. So if we get over 300, we would be in a very very good position!

@ Lasith Malinga : This guy is a danger for India! He was just fended off by the top batsmen! He can be devastating against lesser known batters who are to come! His action is unusual and is very tough to judge what he's going to bowl

@ Murali : Again, the trump card for Sri Lanka! Its turning heavily for him! India need to play him positively and I wish Pathan faces him more coz he plays Murali more positively than anyone else (even Sachin Tendulkar!).

saisrini80 said:
@ Lasith Malinga : This guy is a danger for India! He was just fended off by the top batsmen! He can be devastating against lesser known batters who are to come! His action is unusual and is very tough to judge what he's going to bowl.
dangerous? I even can get Sachin out by chucking. He chucks man!!!

Dhoni said:
dangerous? I even can get Sachin out by chucking. He chucks man!!!

Thats what I meant to say! He is dangerous because he 'chucks' IMO! Did you see how he kept repeatedly bouncing Tendulkar with that negative field on the leg side! Just like how I do on Cricket 2004 by bowling a short leg side line with the fielders waiting to catch the ball!

Last edited:
In the next inning I think Viru or Gambhir needs to go after Malinga and get him out of the attack early by getting some boundaries then I don't think Atapattu will bring him back to bowl that soon.

I don't think he chucks. I was in India this summer and i saw him play against WI. His action is different but according to ICC rules, he doesn't chuck. But one thing for sure, his action makes it quite hard for batsmen to pick the right ball. Its hard to follow the ball and that might make him dangerous.

andrew_nixon said:
Please, share your evidence, you obviously have some.

Two people with evidence, this should be interesting!

My previous post on Malinga has been edited. Its my opinion, sorry! Meanwhile, I feel he chucks because he bends his arm too much! If the ICC have changed the bending rules, I dont care. They're wrong. This guy derives a lot of pace from bending his 'arm' that much! He makes Shoaib look better!

I think even Murali chucks even though its within the laws of the game!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread