Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Good going by India although they have lost 5 wickets. With the lower order we have got, we should get a lead of 400+. Then we should kill some time as we will probably get that lead by the end of today. Can't afford to give them 2 full days to chase 450 even though no team has ever chased that. We should declare by the middle of the afternoon session. All this on the basis that India last that long.

Yuvi on fire and Murali under fire. I think Ganguly was dropped for Yuvraj rightfully.

Cricketman93 said:
NOT NEHRA!!!!!He can't bat, can't field, and is extremly expensive!
But he is one of your so called 'Wicket takers'. Balaji and Zaheer are extremely expensive too, and I doubt RP Singh will be a wicket taker. Probably will keep the runs down - like Agarkar.

aditya123 said:
But Mcgrath has the ability torip through a side on his own ! Agarkar does not (at least in test cricket) . Playing a good foil for Pathan does not mean that he should not pick up wickets . Look at Bhajji, in the last game he played the perfect foil for Kumble but in this game he has picked up wickets himself .

According to me, a bowler who plays `the foil` to another bowler must also have the ability to pick up wickets . You need 4 wicket takrs to win test matches on good batting pitches and Iam afraid a person with a BOWLING AVG of 46 (Agarkar) will not earn you many wickets on the good batting wickets of Pakistan .
We cannot afford to go in with 3 wicket takers in Pakistan .

Balaji has been extremely successful against Pakistan and Zaheer has been in great form in Domestic cricket .If the selectors look at Domestic cricket performances as a criteria when they picked Jaffer, why has Zaheer been kept out?

Thats the most sensless thing you have ever said. What do you mean Agarkar can't take wickets? Forgot his five wickets against the Aussies? Forgot he was our strike bowler in ODIs and tests early in his career? Forgot he is the quickest Indian bowler to take 50 wickets in ODIs? Agarkar is the best pacer -apart from Zaheer- we could have at this moment to accompany Pathan. He is experienced, can keeper the runs down, a good fielder and a handy bat.

Oh yea, and please type larger next time, or I won't be bothered reading your posts.

Pathan gone! India 200/8. I think the quick runrate is actually costing India. There are 2 days left and that could be too much time for Srilanka to get 400 odd.

ZoraxDoom said:
But he is one of your so called 'Wicket takers'. Balaji and Zaheer are extremely expensive too, and I doubt RP Singh will be a wicket taker. Probably will keep the runs down - like Agarkar.

Thats the most sensless thing you have ever said. What do you mean Agarkar can't take wickets? Forgot his five wickets against the Aussies? Forgot he was our strike bowler in ODIs and tests early in his career? Forgot he is the quickest Indian bowler to take 50 wickets in ODIs? Agarkar is the best pacer -apart from Zaheer- we could have at this moment to accompany Pathan. He is experienced, can keeper the runs down, a good fielder and a handy bat.

Oh yea, and please type larger next time, or I won't be bothered reading your posts.

Agarkar has batted SUPEBLY in this innings so far! 40* with a strike rate of 129?? Wow! He is awesome! No shots were slogged! All perfect cricketing shots! This guy showsn very positive signs of improvement in his overall game!

Lead of 433+! India should bat out today, come tomorrow morning, opt for the heavy roller to further weaken the wicket and then should place themselves for a victory against Sri Lanka!

Cant see Sri Lanka winning this one and it would be the best ever chase if they pull off even a draw! England's second place is now temporarily in serious danger! Very very happy with India's performance in this season so far! Truly awesome!

Agarkar missed his 50! But very good thinking by the Indian team management!

479 runs lead but more imporantly, the option to use the heavy roller to further crack up the pitch tomorrow beckons India! Murali was smashed today and those 3 wickets were a mere consolation to him! Harbhajan, Kumble and Kaif all smashed sixes off him and he was made to look like a third rate bowler today! If Harbhajan and Kumble can score another 21 runs tomorrow after cracking up the pitch, Sri Lanka will stare at an inevitable defeat!

Last edited:
480+ in 2 days ! just 250 a day, is`nt it easy ;)
Good to see the lower order contributing .
Sachin was looking very very dangerous today but was unlucky to be given out . A poor decision. It would have gone way over the stumps . That was obvious from the way Sachin defended .
It would not make a lot of difference.
In fact seeing that delivery , Kumble might just be licking his fingers.

Yuvi proving his worth . Where will Ganguly fit in now :rolleyes: ?
It would be good for India to finish it off tomorrow and send strong signals to our neighbours across the border .
Remember, Sri Lanka are not a bad side in the subcontinent conditions and that is why I feel a 2-0 win is commendable . Pakistan faced Sri Lanka at home last year and could manage only a 1-1 draw (It was a very different Pakistani side though) .
The No.2 spot is just a day or two away from India barring a miracle .
A 2-0 win would give them a 2 point lead over England .

I would be very happy if we get a 2 point lead over England (i.e.) win this test match! Will set us up very well for 2006 and should be an exciting year for Indian fans!

Saurav Ganguly? No chance of his getting a place in the side! Rahul Dravid will get back in place of Kaif who was a real failure this game! If at all some one has to be replaced for Saurav, it has to be either of the openers and I dont think Chappell would want to go in with a makeshift opener in Pakistan!

So Saurav, its virtually over for you buddy!

If he at all wants to get back into the test side, it will be only after the England series! But I dont think Yuvraj would perform that badly to lose his place in the middle order.

Saurav can target the ODI's with even more interest and try to grab Gambhir's place. I feel he rightfully belongs to the ODI's.

Prove me wrong, but I don't think there has been any catch to the slips in this series!!
There was one instance where Sangakkara mishit the ball to gully though, but that doesn't count.

saisrini80 said:
I would be very happy if we get a 2 point lead over England (i.e.) win this test match! Will set us up very well for 2006 and should be an exciting year for Indian fans!

Saurav Ganguly? No chance of his getting a place in the side! Rahul Dravid will get back in place of Kaif who was a real failure this game! If at all some one has to be replaced for Saurav, it has to be either of the openers and I dont think Chappell would want to go in with a makeshift opener in Pakistan!

So Saurav, its virtually over for you buddy!

If he at all wants to get back into the test side, it will be only after the England series! But I dont think Yuvraj would perform that badly to lose his place in the middle order.

Saurav can target the ODI's with even more interest and try to grab Gambhir's place. I feel he rightfully belongs to the ODI's.
Sourav belongs rightfully to the ODI arena (10,000+ runs) and should be picked in the ODI side.
We would need his experience in the ODIs in Pak .

I think playing Raina or Yadav or Rao in the ODI side in Pakistan will be a big gamble .
Ganguly will get his place back in the ODI side, more so with the supersub rule being used .

Sourav`s test career has more or less come to an end . Sad, but true .

With India V SRL coming to an end and England V Pakistan also coming towards the end , both sets of fans cannot wait for the action to begin . Just 3 weeks to go for the India V Pak series to begin .

Adarsh said:
Prove me wrong, but I don't think there has been any catch to the slips in this series!!
There was one instance where Sangakkara mishit the ball to gully though, but that doesn't count.

Rahul Dravid caught Thilan Samaraweera in the slips in the second innings of the second test in Delhi of the bowling off Harbhajan Singh!

aditya123 said:
Sourav belongs rightfully to the ODI arena (10,000+ runs) and should be picked in the ODI side.
We would need his experience in the ODIs in Pak .

I think playing Raina or Yadav or Rao in the ODI side in Pakistan will be a big gamble .
Ganguly will get his place back in the ODI side, more so with the supersub rule being used .

Sourav`s test career has more or less come to an end . Sad, but true .

With India V SRL coming to an end and England V Pakistan also coming towards the end , both sets of fans cannot wait for the action to begin . Just 3 weeks to go for the India V Pak series to begin .

The selection for the Pakistan tour is on 21st or 22nd? I heard the commentators say tomorrow or the day after. Whats the exact date of the selection? I think both the test and the ODI squads will be announced at the same time!

hm JP Yadav would be a good inclusion to the team as a Super Sub! He can be a savior batter if we are in trouble and is quite a handy bowler!

Another great day for Indian cricket. Sri lanka was beaten in all parts of the game. indian lower order is performing very well but top order form may be a bit of concern for Indiain upcoming series against Pak.

Users who are viewing this thread