Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
guy i think india shuold better play M.kaif in place of ganguly in tests he's a good batsman and good fielder too.and where's balaji he took many wickes last time India visit Pakistan :p

cricket_lover said:
Are you a bowling coach? or an experienced international cricket? to judge players just by looking at them on television.

Ganguly has got a 5 wicket haul against pakistan for something! He can bowl, and can be useful on good seamer friendly tracks. Never underestimate other's talent! We haven't got a percent of his talent anyway.

I think they could have tried Ganguly in the second test at Delhi. It'll give him a measure on how to bowl to different batsmen.

It would be a tough call for India, incase we play on bouncy wickets. It'll be hard to drop kumble/bhajji nor have both in the team at the cost of another seamer. We cannot rely too much on our "part-timers". Dravid will have good time there, with the captaincy and it'll be a optimal situation to show his skills.
I also think Gambhir should open with Sehwag. We cannot afford to experiment more on openers now, gambhir is solid and technically sound...he'll need more time to play big innings. Middle order is as good as it gets.
It'll be an exciting series! Pakistan is a much improved side, with every player delivering at some point.

Gambhir batted well in the second innings yesterday against Sri Lanka. He shows that he has the temperament and we cant test other openers against a side like Pakistan! So he has to open with Sehwag!

aziz_4_ever2003 said:
guy i think india shuold better play M.kaif in place of ganguly in tests he's a good batsman and good fielder too.and where's balaji he took many wickes last time India visit Pakistan :p

Fielding is more important in the ODI's than in the tests! We already have Yuvraj Singh, a good fielder in the test matches now! I think thats quite enough! The whole side as a whole are showing remarkable improvement in the fielding department and so we can afford having Ganguly!

Man why are you people so crazy about Ganugly? He's garbage!!! We're good without Ganguly. We can't keep Ganguly in the side based on his old performances. Sorry for the discourtesy guys, but that's what I think. We should try the youngsters, like Raina and Roa. They both impressed me especially Raina. Man I love the way he runs between the wicket and picks up some easy singles and also can play some lovely strokes. Believe me, this man has some serious talent.

EDIT: 50 runs partnership between Bhajji and Kumble. Well played! India gets to the 300 mark. :)

UPDATE: India has declared at 316/9. Excellent 10th wicket partnership between Bhajji and Kumble of 69 runs. :)

Last edited:
India declared. Was having fun Bhajji spicing up the SL. He was playing aggressive and smashing shots all over to the fence. The 2nd highest patnership in the 9th wicket.

Declared at 508 runs lead!

It was serious fun watching Bhajji defend as solid as Rahul Dravid! :D

Greg Chappell having a surprise chat with Arun Lal! praising the indian players to the hilt! The players should take care against a 'cold'!

I just have to share this. I detest the commentary combination of Arun Lal and Ranjit Fernando. Everytime they speak, my blood boils. Arun Lal never has anything good to say--he is always full of criticism. "Why are they doing this? Why aren't they doing this?" He loves to use hindsight to show what he was saying is correct. For example, 3 balls after Bhajji wasn't able to get Atapattu with his first ball because there was no short mid off, Lal pips, "They should have had a short mid-off." Sorry, I had to get that off me. :p

Bhajji is bowling really well. He's turing the ball square and he's making the life hard for Sri Lankan. Sehwag should bring on Kumble because I don't think Irfan bowling that good.

Dhoni said:
Man why are you people so crazy about Ganugly? He's garbage!!! We're good without Ganguly. We can't keep Ganguly in the side based on his old performances. Sorry for the discourtesy guys, but that's what I think. We should try the youngsters, like Raina and Roa. They both impressed me especially Raina. Man I love the way he runs between the wicket and picks up some easy singles and also can play some lovely strokes. Believe me, this man has some serious talent.

EDIT: 50 runs partnership between Bhajji and Kumble. Well played! India gets to the 300 mark. :)

UPDATE: India has declared at 316/9. Excellent 10th wicket partnership between Bhajji and Kumble of 69 runs. :)

If you are talking to me, then..
no, i'm not crazy about ganguly nor am i a "fan" of him. We can't through ganguly after looking at his recent performance.
A garbage guy cannot score 15000 runs nor pick up a 5 wicket haul at the international level. The thing is, we cannot put him down unless we are cricketing experts/greats...just because we don't know the game like they do nor do we have the talent/skill they've got.
Personal opinions are fine, but upto a point where we start abusing players? Not so fine.
We cannot underestimate a person's talent, especially a player of Ganguly's calibre.

Sri Lanka looking good so far, playing pathan well. Harbhajan looks very dangerous (according to cricinfo!) and i hope he continues and gets some early wickets.

Dhoni is disappointing me!
He dropped a catch in the 1st inning of Sri Lanka and not being able to collect Bhajji's awesome deliveries in this inning.

EDIT: 8.1 Pathan to Atapattu, no run, dropped! short and wide outside off
stump, Atapattu cuts hard to gully, Kumble bit late to react, drops it.
What the hell is Kumble doing? :mad

Last edited:
Harbhajan looking very very dangerous! Good decision from Sehwag!

Kumble drops a catch off Pathan's bowling played by Atapattu! But it was too quick! The wicket is behaving amazingly for Bhajji! I feel Kumble can come on now and try his tricks out!

Dhoni said:
Dhoni is disappointing me!
He dropped a catch in the 1st inning of Sri Lanka and not being able to collect Bhajji's awesome deliveries in this inning.

EDIT: 8.1 Pathan to Atapattu, no run, dropped! short and wide outside off
stump, Atapattu cuts hard to gully, Kumble bit late to react, drops it.
What the hell is Kumble doing? :mad

Hey hey , cool it! We have a good total on the board.

That was a bit wrong on part of cricinfo! it was too fast for him to react in time!

saisrini80 said:
Harbhajan looking very very dangerous! Good decision from Sehwag!

Kumble drops a catch off Pathan's bowling played by Atapattu! But it was too quick! The wicket is behaving amazingly for Bhajji! I feel Kumble can come on now and try his tricks out!

Hey hey , cool it! We have a good total on the board.

That was a bit wrong on part of cricinfo! it was too fast for him to react in time!
I'm still worried man. Anything can happen! Sri Lanka aren't in hurry. They have 2 days to chase this target.

EDIT: Bhajji gets Atapattu out and good catch by Kaif. Come on India!!!

Last edited:
Danger man Atapattu GONE for 16 off Harbhajan!

Superb catch by Kaif at short leg. He had to dive to his bottom left to catch it! Sri Lanka 40/1 and need to survive 5 more sessions!

Last edited:
5 more sessions possible, 4 1/2 to be realistic. I heard it was a good effort from kumble though the ball came quite fast. Not a problem at all!

Nice way to finish the session. Bhajji is doing the trick and i doubt that SL are thinking about 509. Post lunch session will be very difficult as India will be looking to kumble/bhajji to pose more problems to the vistors.

Users who are viewing this thread