Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
I think if Mubarak can stick in at one end, if Maharoof gets one of those flying innings out, Indians could be given a scare. Hopefully we won't be upset. But records are meant to be broken.
nah, the way bhajji and kumble are bowling, they'll be all out by lunch.

Priyakant said:
Sri Lanka will win tommorow.
wow, the chances of that are slim. willing to bet your avatar for it in the "avatar challange" thread ;)

cricketman93 said:
nah, the way bhajji and kumble are bowling, they'll be all out by lunch.
Well, I didn't watch the last hour or so, so I can't say. All India needs is four balls--that need to either be good or have a lotta luck.

Priyakant said:
Sri Lanka will win tommorow.

Had Mahela and Dilshan stayed till the end or even Dilshan, I would have given Sri Lanka a bit of a chance to win it tomorrow. But now they have Mubarak and Maharoof. Mubarak seems to keep off the Indian spinners for sometime before he invariably gets out! Maharoof, he failed in the first innings but cant say much of him.

Murali will go for a victory tomorrow. Whatever the situation is, he comes down the track almost every ball! :D

Thank god Agarkar and Pathan broke through in the final session. The way Mahela and Dilshan batted, I was getting frustrated (and went to sleep only to see the scores now!)

sohummisra said:
Well, I didn't watch the last hour or so, so I can't say. All India needs is four balls--that need to either be good or have a lotta luck.

They didnt bowl that well on the 4th day. Kumble bowled superbly in the 2nd session and also got Sangakkara earlier than when he got out when Kaif took a one handed catch off the ground. But the umpire went to the third umpire for replays and the replays proved inconclusive as to whether he genuinely took the catch, and so benefit of doubt was given to Sangakkara when many thought Kaif had taken it!

If Kumble and/or Bhajji can come back in good flow tomorrow, 1 hour is what they need!

saisrini80 said:
By the way, why does India need 3 seamers in ODI's and only 2 in tests? I think it should be the other way where we can have 3 seamers in the tests and two seamers in the ODI's

"Test is a spinners game and ODI is a seamers"

I think because seamers can't bowl for 100 overs but spinners can - And I think it makes sence. Like Wasim Akram is a seamer and he is the best ODI bowler. Shane Warne is a spinner and he is the best test bowler.

Big_Boss said:
I would do it in this order -

Tests

Virender Sehwag
Saurav Ganguly
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid (C)
VVS Laxman
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni (W)
I Pathan
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan/Murali Kartik (Depending on the pitch)

I think the opening is good for test with Sehwag and Ganguly, the left-right combination well work successfully. If someone gets out, Sachin can build a partnership with anyone of these guys. Rahul Dravid and Laxman always build a good partnership, then Yuvraj (Lefty) well be put in action, later Dhoni for some fireworks alongside with Pathan and then the bowlers.

Big_Boss said:
ODI's
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Yuvraj Singh
Rahul Dravid (C)
Saurav Ganguly (Attack against spinners)
Mohammed Kaif
MS Dhoni (W)
I Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
RP Singh/Ajit Agarkar

Sehwag and Tendulkar well work better in the ODI's - Ofcourse :happy Then Yuvraj on one-down and Rahul Dravid on forth, the left-right combination. Since Ganguly (Lefty) is good against spinners he well get a good result against them and Kaif play alongside with the best Indian captian, so he well get some old school tips there :cool: Then Dhoni and Pathan can save the team if everyone gets out :D and then the bowlers, if overs left.

Good day for India. SRL 235/6. India just need 4 wickets. Come on India!!!

Big_Boss said:
"Test is a spinners game and ODI is a seamers"

I think because seamers can't bowl for 100 overs but spinners can - And I think it makes sence. Like Wasim Akram is a seamer and he is the best ODI bowler. Shane Warne is a spinner and he is the best test bowler.

I think the opening is good for test with Sehwag and Ganguly, the left-right combination well work successfully. If someone gets out, Sachin can build a partnership with anyone of these guys. Rahul Dravid and Laxman always build a good partnership, then Yuvraj (Lefty) well be put in action, later Dhoni for some fireworks alongside with Pathan and then the bowlers.

Sehwag and Tendulkar well work better in the ODI's - Ofcourse :happy Then Yuvraj on one-down and Rahul Dravid on forth, the left-right combination. Since Ganguly (Lefty) is good against spinners he well get a good result against them and Kaif play alongside with the best Indian captian, so he well get some old school tips there :cool: Then Dhoni and Pathan can save the team if everyone gets out :D and then the bowlers, if overs left.

In my opinion, if Saurav has to survive in the tests, it has to be only the opening slot. Yuvraj is not going to give way! Cant move Dhoni and Pathan now! Cant move Laxman also now! So he has to replace Gambhir and make the management look for a makeshift opener!

India is looking on course for a victory.....just 4 wickets left for India to get in final days play.....India go 2nd in the table for the 1st time.........hopefully India will be serious contenders for the aussies to go 1st place.

Record Broken!

21sld2.jpg

Kumble becomes highest wicket-taker against Sri Lanka

This was Kumble's 64th wicket in his 15th Test against Sri Lanka and he became the highest wicket-taking bowler against Sri Lanka.

Kumble surpassed Pakistan's Wasim Akram's tally of 63 wickets (from 19 Tests).

Sachin_007 said:
:cheers Yes India are probably gonna win the match :happy , but who's gonna be the man of the series? :onpc

I think Kumble is going to be the man of the series and Harbhajan is going to be the man of the match may b. Who knows? :cool:

sid_007 said:
I think Kumble is going to be the man of the series and Harbhajan is going to be the man of the match may b. Who knows? :cool:

Ya may b......
But i could b wrong lets see wat the other people thinks? :clap

My money's on Kumble...though Laxman was very nice as well...but then so was Pathan...

This is what Dilshan said, "The difference is the ball. We are used to the Kookaburra, not this. That is a big difference. With the SG, they take advantage."
Does it matter which ball you use? I don't think so! All the balls are same, right? Are they?

Dhoni said:
This is what Dilshan said, "The difference is the ball. We are used to the Kookaburra, not this. That is a big difference. With the SG, they take advantage."
Does it matter which ball you use? I don't think so! All the balls are same, right? Are they?

Each ball is different. For instance the Kookaburra balls are not as hard as the Duke balls that are used in England and will not reverse swing as much. The commentators said during the Ashes and after the Ashes said that the Aussies were not use to the Duke ball because of its capapbility of produce reverse swing.

Users who are viewing this thread