Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
INDIAN Captain to likely selected on OCT 13

The national selection committee, headed by Kiran More, is likely to meet on October 13 at Mohali, near Chandigarh, on the final day of the NKP Salve Challenger series, to choose the Indian captain for the upcoming one-day international home series against Sri Lanka.

"The committee is tentatively scheduled to meet on the 13th evening to choose the Indian skipper. The selectors would meet the next day (Oct 14) to select the rest of the team members. But this is only a tentative schedule at present," board sources said on Thursday.

India and Sri Lanka are scheduled to play a seven-match ODI series commencing at Nagpur on October 25. More and his co-selectors remain on the senior national selection committee pending the completion of the BCCI's AGM which was adjourned sine die on September 23 at Kolkata.

The senior selection panel is scheduled to meet on October 1 at Delhi to choose the captains and team members of the India Seniors and the India A and B squads for the October 10 to 13 Challenger limited-overs series that will be played under lights.

More is expected to talk to Sachin Tendulkar, still recuperating from his elbow surgery, about his availability for the tournament. According to board sources, More was in constant touch with Indian team physio John Gloster on the star player's progress on the fitness front.

Tendulkar has been advised to take part in a domestic competitive match before playing on the international stage by BCCI-appointed sports medicine expert Dr Anant Joshi.

Meanwhile Sandip Patil and Robin Singh have been appointed coaches of the India A and B teams for the Challenger Series. Greg Chappell will coach the senior side and would be assisted by John Gloster, the physio. Vaibhav Daga and S Mutthu Kumar would be the physiotherapists for the India A and B teams. The board also decided to avail the services of Ian Frazer, the sports scientist for the Indian team, till the conclusion of the South African tour to India.

? PTI

The ODI series is going to come first! I think Venugopal Rao is going to give a hard time for the other players! He has played a brilliant innings of 98 from 99 balls today on a not conducive pitch after his team was in dire straits at 172/6! He is a great technique and can become another Dravid if he is handled well!

Karthik played pretty well today, considering that he came in when India A desperately needed quick runs on the board. Dhoni was... disappointing, but it's only one match. I think the selectors should continue this policy of Dhoni for ODIs and Karthik for Tests. hmmm.., I don't know if they would do that though.

Last edited:
It was a fantastic match today! Win by 1 wicket with just 2 balls to spare? Both teams fought tooth and nail today! I cant believe India-A won! When I saw, they need 7.8 runs per over with 4 wickets in hand. I thought it would be an easy win for Seniors. But WHAT A GAME IT WAS????

Lot of positives for Indian cricket from this game itself! Let the rest of the games be as good as this one! A not so conducive wicket for batting but still 289 and 291 being scored? great batting!!!

I wish Tendulkar plays in that series, he is due for a big score, he'll be fresh when he comes back after a long wait.

satishmania said:
why in the name of all that is wonderful did pathan open the batting?it should have been dhoni

it was an experiment by chappell.. and you saw it.. pathan batted pretty well and scored 28 runs! so the experiment was not senseless!

even many indian fans in this forum disgusted by the international team's repeated failures suggested a revamp of the batting order, wanting pathan to open! well it happened yesterday and pathan didnt fail!

Tendulkar OUT for 4 today!!! IT was a brilliant ball though that got out him out that cheaply! He certainly looks rusty after his comeback to international cricket after 6 months or so! If India seniors dont win today, its the final match for Tendulkar in this tournament!

I wish he plays the Duleep Trophy to get more match practice before the Sri Lanka ODI series! He doesnt need to be in the camp!

saisrini80 said:
Just watch out! Sachin will return back to prime form and thrash the Lankans esp. Murali!

you are giving him a very high status i.e a demi-god status which he sadly is not.
sachin could not thrash a india 'a' side ...you think he'll thrash the lankans like he used to in his early days.
i think he'l;l play a few good innings but just don't expect him to thrash the opposition

VRV Singh and Shree Sanath look like two very impressive seamers. They can also bat a bit. VRV Singh has pure pace, and Shree Sanath swung the ball well both ways and got rid of Sachin, Kaif and Rao(off a no-ball though) with excellent deliveries. I really want to see these two in the team after a year or two.

Also S.Parab seemed like the new Sehwag...really clobbering the ball well...highly unlucky though...

VRV Singh might get a look in soon! He is a genuine fast bowling prospect! We badly need a bowler who has pure pace and VRV Singh is said to be having it! He can also bat and thats an even more better sign! Lets hope the selectors blood him soon in time for the World Cup!

VENUGOPAL RAO is playing with hunger in his belly! Brilliant batting! Rao and Yuvraj have been superb in this series! They are right now winning it for the Seniors!

what has happened to Kaif? May be his dropping from the test team under controversial circumstances and his added responsibility of captain has put him under immense pressure!

Users who are viewing this thread