Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
satishmania said:
yes too many sponsers for one day cricket.why dont india play in sharjah these days?

This is because of
1. match fixing takes place in sharjah and with dawood ibrahim based in that region the board refuses to send its players.
2. indian team earlier was sponsored by WILLS.The UAE banned tobacco advertising and hence india could not play there at that time.Knowing the ppl who control the indian board it seems difficult for india to set foot in UAE once again. :noway

satishmania said:
why dont any side play a 5 test series in india like the Ashes?i cannot figure it out!

The ICC has declared that India - Pakistan series from 2007 onwards will become 5 test series like the ashes , south africa-west indies and south africa-england. ;)

Piyush chawla impressed me today !
He bowled a beauty of a googly to dismiss SAchin ! Something not achieved by even Warne !

DRAVID NAMED AS INDIAN CAPTAIN FOR THE SRI LANKA AND SOUTH AFRICA ODI SERIES!

At last, the expected move from the selectors! They should have done this long ago but its never too late! If at all Ganguly wants to prolong his international career, he has to perform as a batsman and that should inspire him enough if he really wants to last till the World Cup!

sachin is obviously very rusty right now, thats y the kid chawla or whatever dismissed him!

jackrussell said:
sachin is obviously very rusty right now, thats y the kid chawla or whatever dismissed him!

may be yes! but i am sure his rustiness would be slowly fading away! he has come from a very serious injury and he needs more time to fully settle down!

he can may be wait and start playing from the south african ODI series (and play domestic cricket till then to fully settle down!). he wont be missed too much against Sri Lanka! We have the players to play in his place!

Moody looks forward to overseas challenge
Cricinfo staff

October 13, 2005

With Sri Lanka beginning preparations for a gruelling six-month schedule of ODI and Test cricket in four countries, Tom Moody, the coach, says his experience of some of the countries will help his side become a better away side.

Sri Lanka, the second-ranked ODI team behind Australia, are due to play in India, New Zealand, Australia and England in that period, kicking off with a seven-match ODI series in India later this month.

Moody was quoted by The Indian Express saying, "The next six months are going to be a serious challenge for us and we are well aware of that. We have been well aware of the itinerary for some while and have had discussions about it. I know some of the places we are going to and that helps. Those places I haven't been, I guess those Sri Lankan players who have been there will fill us in on what to expect.''

Moody has extensive experience of India, having toured four times, and is keen to transform his side into one that can cope with challenges away from home. Sri Lanka's phenomenal record at home has propelled the team up the rankings table but Moody is aware of the pitfalls such a position carries.

"Sure we are the second best limited overs side, but we know things can change. The good thing is the side has been consistent here at home. Now we face, over the next six months, the challenge of coping with overseas conditions as varied as India, and that includes Tests in December, followed by a delayed limited overs series in New Zealand, followed by Australia and then England.

"This for me is the biggest challenge facing the players. It is nice to know that we have a balanced side at one-day and Test levels. But this tour of India is where it starts and believe me, it is going to be a tough exercise."

? Cricinfo

If Kartik is not selected for both the tests and ODIs, the selectors are nincompoops.

pal said:
If Kartik is not selected for both the tests and ODIs, the selectors are nincompoops.

Barring a miracle, Murali Kartik is going to be selected in both the squads for tests and ODI's

satishmania said:
he'll be selected for sure, but as usual he'll carry drinks!

I dont think they are going to pick 3 fast bowlers on Indian pitches! And Dravid is a full fledged supporter of Kartik! So expect him to play!

We can prolong Kumble's career by preserving him in the ultimate form of the game - test cricket! We can have Kartik play instead of Kumble!

Users who are viewing this thread