Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The south african tour is after the sri lankan tour.
many in india are confused with this.and most of them seem to think that we are to have a tri series which is not the case.

satishmania said:
why dont any side play a 5 test series in india like the Ashes?i cannot figure it out!

they prefer their ODI's. Therefore they compencate the lack of test cricket with more one day cricket.

i find one day cricket very batsman oriented especially on indian pitches..test matches could be like best batsmen versus quality spinners

satishmania said:
i find one day cricket very batsman oriented especially on indian pitches..test matches could be like best batsmen versus quality spinners

ODI cricket is still the most money spinner in India and is the most preferred form of cricket!

satishmania said:
yes too many sponsers for one day cricket.why dont india play in sharjah these days?
Two reasons:

1. They don't like playing at "off-shore" venues (their words) due to the match fixing scandal.

2. No one is playing at Sharjah much these days, as the pitch has been ruined due to the excess of cricket played on it. There's been no ODIs since March/April 2003. The only cricket last year was 5 matches in the ICC 6 Nations tournament for non-test countries, and the final and a semi final of the Intercontinental Cup, making 10 days in total. This year has seen 4 one day games against England A.

OK, I hope now the discussion would certainly move to who would be the captain of the ODI series and what would be the team for the series!! Here are my two cents!

First of all, Dravid as a captain would not be a long term solution! Guys like Dravid, Tendulkar are always there to give tips and advice. I would suggest that Sehwag be made the captain for the ODI series! It would allow him to get used to captaincy and it would also enable the selectors to see how he fares as a captain! He can always turn to Dravid, Sachin for advice! Or Kaif can be made the captain. Certainly Dravid is not a long term appointment! He will retire after the World Cup and the new captain again has to go through the process of settling down!

Secondly, the team should definitely be revamped! Our last ODI series was a defeat to New Zealand in Zimbabwe' Videocon Cup! So we need to seriously look into the side. Ganguly most probably is in his last days of international cricket! And keeping the ongoing Challenger trophy in mind, here is my team that should play the Lanka series (or at least the first two ODI's if the selectors pick the squad only for 2 ODI's)

Squad for the Lankan home series:

Virender Sehwag (or) Mohammed Kaif [Captain]
Robin Uthapa
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Venugopal Rao
VVS Laxman (or) Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
JP Yadav
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Murali Kartik
VRV Singh

Its again a toss up between Laxman and Raina. I would go for Raina (also the selectors dont seem to favor Laxman a lot!). Raina has scored 97 now and is as usual a very good fielder! But Laxman is a great slip fielder too and is a great strokemaker! Rao deserves another chance especially after his knocks of 98 and 101*. VRV Singh needs a chance since a lot is being said about his pace and we saw his plucky batting too!

Robin Uthapa can provide Sehwag (or Tendulkar) an electrifying opening partnership that would instill fear in the minds of the opposition. Those who followed today's match would know how good Uthapa scores. He seems to be a very quick scorer and would be an ideal partner for Tendulkar thereby letting Sehwag get to his favorite middle order!

I am sure this team cant do worser than what the previous teams have done! Under Chappell, I feel things can only get better! After the recent spat, if anything, the boys would be more alert to follow his regimen or face the flak! I am optimistic about the future of Indian cricket!

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
OK, I hope now the discussion would certainly move to who would be the captain of the ODI series and what would be the team for the series!! Here are my two cents!

First of all, Dravid as a captain would not be a long term solution! Guys like Dravid, Tendulkar are always there to give tips and advice. I would suggest that Sehwag be made the captain for the ODI series! It would allow him to get used to captaincy and it would also enable the selectors to see how he fares as a captain! He can always turn to Dravid, Sachin for advice! Or Kaif can be made the captain. Certainly Dravid is not a long term appointment! He will retire after the World Cup and the new captain again has to go through the process of settling down!

Secondly, the team should definitely be revamped! Our last ODI series was a defeat to New Zealand in Zimbabwe' Videocon Cup! So we need to seriously look into the side. Ganguly most probably is in his last days of international cricket! And keeping the ongoing Challenger trophy in mind, here is my team that should play the Lanka series (or at least the first two ODI's if the selectors pick the squad only for 2 ODI's)

Virender Sehwag (or) Mohammed Kaif [Captain]
Robin Uthapa
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Venugopal Rao
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
JP Yadav
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Murali Kartik
VRV Singh

I would give Laxman another chance especially since the Lankan series is going to be played on Indian wickets where Laxman has just scored good big runs (44 and 110). Rao deserves another chance especially after his knocks of 98 and 101*. VRV Singh needs a chance since a lot is being said about his pace and we saw his plucky batting too!

Robin Uthapa can provide Sehwag (or Tendulkar) an electrifying opening partnership that would instill fear in the minds of the opposition. Those who followed today's match would know how good Uthapa scores. He seems to be a very quick scorer and would be an ideal partner for Tendulkar thereby letting Sehwag get to his favorite middle order!

I am sure this team cant do worser than what the previous teams have done! Under Chappell, I feel things can only get better! After the recent spat, if anything, the boys would be more alert to follow his regimen or face the flak! I am optimistic about the future of Indian cricket!

I like your squad :D

The sad thing is they will drop one of these young talents for Ganguly.

pal said:
The sad thing is they will drop one of these young talents for Ganguly.

lets watch. ganguly is not going to survive for long.. his best is way behind him and now the selectors would be more alert to save their face.. the talk among the audience is gaining more sound.. if ganguly is retained despite his failures, the board might receive lot of flak!

Users who are viewing this thread