Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
aditya123 said:
Sangakara goes ! And a wicet finally to Agarkar ,
I think he has read what we`ve been saying about him here on PC !

It unusual! Agarkar bowled brilliantly for 4 overs giving only 6 runs and taking a wicket but is replaced by Pathan!

i am a bit afraid. india might loose if sri lanka continue like this :eek: :(

what do you guys think , did dravid declare a bit early ? i think dhoni and yuvraj should have played another half an hour or so and added another 50-60 runs on the board

jk16_4 said:

what do you guys think , did dravid declare a bit early ? i think dhoni and yuvraj should have played another half an hour or so and added another 50-60 runs on the board
hahaha good joke :onpc

So .. WHom do we drop for the next test match ?

Gambhir goes , Sehwag in .. Right ?

Who opens the batting then ... Pathan again ?

Wow ! fifth wicket gone. finally , a wicket for harbhajan..
good bowling by india overall.

GO INDIA ! GO ! :happy

Fabulous last session for India .
Bhajji strikes in the last over .
Sri Lanka are 123/5 .
Just 5 wickets to be taken on the last day .
India well and truly on top .
Now this has been a ream team effort by India.
A hundred by Sachin in the 1st innings on a difficult pitch .
Pathan with a marvellous 93 .
Yuvraj,Dravid,Sourav,Laxman,Dhoni have all got a good knock in one of the 2 innings .
Kumble has picked up 8 wickets in the test already .
Pathan has given the early breakthroughs.
Now, bhajji with a wicket in the last over of Day 4 .
Agarkar with a crucial breakthrough of Sangakkara .
A total team effort .
This is an ideal exhibition of test cricket , India scored only 290 in the 1st inns but still managed to set a juge target .

jk16_4 said:

Dravid's declaration was fantastic in my opinion! He could have waited for Yuvraj's hundred, but he didnt! He declared at the apt moment!

123-5! Aditya's words have rung true! India have picked up 5 wickets today itself! Barring a miracle, this match is in India's bag (of course, still I am not over confident and I still have that miracle in mind!)

aditya123 said:
Fabulous last session for India .
Bhajji strikes in the last over .
Sri Lanka are 123/5 .
Just 5 wickets to be taken on the last day .
India well and truly on top . Now this has been a ream team effort by India. A hundred by Sachin in the 1st innings on a difficult pitch .Pathan with a marvellous knock.
Yuvraj,Dravid,Sourav,Laxman,Dhoni have all got a good knock in one of the 2 innings .
Kumble has picked up 8 wickets in the test already .
Pathan has given the early breakthroughs.
Now, bhajji with a wicket in the last over of Day 4 .
Agarkar with a crucial breakthrough of Sangakkara .
A total team effort . This is an ideal exhibition of test cricket , India scored only 290 in the 1st inns but still managed to set a juge target .

Ganguly got a good knock in both innings mind you!

What a catch was that by Kumble off Atapattu? Absolutely stunning! He is the best catcher of his own bowling and holds the world record for the most catches off his own bowling (25 as opposed to Muralitharan's 24)

Bandara was unlucky to be given out but so was Atapattu when he was out on 49 plumb in front but wasnt given! Great delivery from Harbhajan but what was the need for Samaraweera to drive at it when only 4 balls remain in the day? That crossed the line of positiveness!

Veeru not being missed here! But imagine the Indian team when he comes back for the next test! The whole team is rolling right now and the blaster joining the team, its ominous signs for Sri Lanka!

Why did the whole team sit on the field in a circle at the end of the day's play? Chappell came and wished each one and they sat there for quite sometime. Some were seeming to be stretching! I have never seen this! Whats that probably for?

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Dravid's declaration was fantastic in my opinion! He could have waited for Yuvraj's hundred, but he didnt! He declared at the apt moment!

123-5! Aditya's words have rung true! India have picked up 5 wickets today itself! Barring a miracle, this match is in India's bag (of course, still I am not over confident and I still have that miracle in mind!)

What a catch was that by Kumble off Atapattu? Absolutely stunning! He is the best catcher of his own bowling and holds the world record for the most catches off his own bowling (25 as opposed to Muralitharan's 24)

Bandara was unlucky to be given out but so was Atapattu when he was out on 49 plumb in front but wasnt given! Great delivery from Harbhajan but what was the need for Samaraweera to drive at it when only 4 balls remain in the day? That crossed the line of positiveness!

Veeru not being missed here! But imagine the Indian team when he comes back for the next test! The whole team is rolling right now and the blaster joining the team, its ominous signs for Sri Lanka!

Why did the whole team sit on the field in a circle at the end of the day's play? Chappell came and wished each one and they sat there for quite sometime. Some were seeming to be stretching! I have never seen this! Whats that probably for?

Most of the teams do that. Its for cooling down or as Arun Lal puts it 'warm-down' exercises

Hey btw, srilanka's score is one two three four five!

saisrini80 said:
Iam happy with the way sourav performed , not because of the scores but Sourav has always been that sort of a player in tests. I do not remember him winning test matches for us on many occassions .

He has more of a supporting role in tests to the big guns Sachin,Dravid,Laxman,Sehwag .
With a few exceptions like his debut test hundred, 144 at GABBA and a few others he hasn`t been a big hundred scorer or a prolific run getter like Sachin or Rahul have been in tests .
He has scored 5000 runs in tests which is not a huge number considering the fact that he has player close to 100 test matches (maybe due to the fact that he bats quit low down the order)
He is second only to Sachin though in ODIs .

Ganguly has been a great ODI batsman and a good test batsman .

If you look at the great test match batsmen, they have a habit of bettering their highest score . Sachin`s highest of 240 odd hs come recently, Rahul had his highest of 233 but bettered it in th immediate next series , Lara has done it consistently but if you have a look at Sourav`s top score of 173, it came way back in 1997 . That does give you some idea of what Iam talking about.

If he can keep playing the supporting role consistently as he has done in this test, I will be reasonably satisfied.

India now are well on course for a No.2 spot in the ICC rankings at least for a short period of time. We can even consolidate that if we win against Pak an England
.It shows tht India have been consistently good in tet cricket in the past 2 to 3 years .

Last edited:
Agarkar is good. All that is said bad about him is mostly utter crap. He doesn't have a natural talent, and has worked hard to bowl well. I'd liked to see one of you bowl in international cricket and do half as well as Agarkar. He has good commitment, and we have yet -in his entire career- to hear a bad word on his discipline and attitude.

Balaji can be wayward, and my have had discipline problems. RP is too young(see what happened to Pudsy Plunkett?? :eek:). Zaheer has had dsicipline problems, although he wood be good back in the side.

Sri Lanka blew it by letting India score that much runs in the second innings. I think India will win the match after the lunch tomorrow. With some luck before the lunch.

Does anyone know what happened to Murali in the second innings? he was the only factor giving the Lankans an edge over the Indians and he couldn't produce the goods!

saisrini80 said:

QUOTE]
Dravid had to declare after post-lunch. There is no point in looking for individual scores. India have shown that in the past and even now.
I hope they wrap it up as soon as possible.

Great knock by Yuvi and good entertaining inning by my boy Dhoni. Sri Lanka: 123/5 and India should win this easily. Come on India!!!! Great bowling!!!

ZoraxDoom said:
Agarkar is good. All that is said bad about him is mostly utter crap. He doesn't have a natural talent, and has worked hard to bowl well. I'd liked to see one of you bowl in international cricket and do half as well as Agarkar. He has good commitment, and we have yet -in his entire career- to hear a bad word on his discipline and attitude.

Balaji can be wayward, and my have had discipline problems. RP is too young(see what happened to Pudsy Plunkett?? :eek:). Zaheer has had dsicipline problems, although he wood be good back in the side.

Agarkar is not too bad and nobody here tried to make him that! But he has not been useful at all in Indian wickets (esp. this match!). Barring that wicket of Sangakkara, he has looked listless in this match! He has improved no doubt, but doubts regarding his role in test cricket on Indian pitches is highly in doubt!

RP Singh can at least be given a chance! We already have a lot of established players playing in the XI like Kumble, Laxman, Ganguly, Dravid, Tendulkar, Sehwag, etc. RP Singh can be one more injection of fresh young blood! He at least shows promise. He bowls a tight line and at the same time works to pick up wickets!

furyfoxx said:
Does anyone know what happened to Murali in the second innings? he was the only factor giving the Lankans an edge over the Indians and he couldn't produce the goods!

Murali was played out superbly by the Indian batsmen! Its not that he bowled badly. The Indians kept him greatly at bay!

Users who are viewing this thread