Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
India won the match by 189 runs! Tremendous come back from India, credits to Kumble and Agarkar in the second innings.

It'll be interesting to see who will get the MoM
I'd vote for Kumble
Pathan is also in the contention.

The key person was Jayawardene. Now he is out victory is certain for India. Although they got a bit of scare.

Sri Lanka all out for 247 runs. India wins with 188 runs.

And Man of the Match must be Kumble.

cricket_lover said:
India won the match by 189 runs! Tremendous come back from India, credits to Kumble and Agarkar in the second innings.

It'll be interesting to see who will get the MoM
I'd vote for Kumble
Pathan is also in the contention.

Dont forget Harbhajan Singh! He bowled beautifully and deserved more than 3 wickets! He picked the crucial one of Mahela Jayawardena!

ZexyZahid said:
The key person was Jayawardene. Now he is out victory is certain for India. Although they got a bit of scare.

Sri Lanka all out for 247 runs. India wins with 188 runs.

And Man of the Match must be Kumble.

India got a bit of scare? From whom? They must have definitely known that a win here wont come easily. Barring that occasional low bounce, the pitch was a batting beauty! The Sri Lankans even after playing positively could not salvage the game! They are way behind India in both forms of cricket!

Only one wicket, that of Dilshan was due to that low bounce! rest all due to the pressure applied, ordinary batting and good captaincy...

That's what I meant. The Jayawardene-Dilshan partnership held on a bit longer then India wished for. But I knew the target was too much for Sri Lanka.

Man of the match is Anil Kumble. Good bowling of him. Still don't understand why he doesn't play ODI's anymore.

Last edited:
ZexyZahid said:
That's what I meant. The Jayawardene-Dilshan partnership held on a bit longer then India wished for. But I knew the target was too much for Sri Lanka.

MAN OF MATCH : ANIL KUMBLE

Excellent decision by the people who took the decision!

Next match already after 4 days. I don't see this Sri Lanka levelling the series.

Sachin Tendulkar gets a special award for his world record!

A happy ending, glorious moments, and am off for an unusual early sleep.. Has been 5 draining days not only for the players but for those watching it from the US, Canada and similar timezones! Have to wake up the whole night watching the match! :cool:

Last edited:
furyfoxx said:
I think kumble will get 3-4 wickets and get man of the match and Sachin will be honored with a special award.

Just call me a fortune teller :D
Congrats to the team and lets crush the lankans in game 3!

furyfoxx said:
Just call me a fortune teller :D
Congrats to the team and lets crush the lankans in game 3!

Ha Ha. yes man... What do you think of Test 3 at Ahmedabad?

I hope India win it and get fully set for the royale battle in Pakistan!

India should ensure a victory in game 3 and try to make it a comprehensive one. Pakistan are also on top of their game after thumping England at home. It will be the biggest contest of the season!

saisrini80 said:
Sachin Tendulkar gets a special award for his world record!

A happy ending, glorious moments, and am off for an unusual early sleep.. Has been 5 draining days not only for the players but for those watching it from the US, Canada and similar timezones! Have to wake up the whole night watching the match! :cool:

lol dude..then think about my situation..
its 3 am here...and i've got a final examination tomorrow (Molecular Bio) at 7 pm.
Its a worthy gamble, i can finally relax now that India won

cricket_lover said:
lol dude..then think about my situation..
its 3 am here...and i've got a final examination tomorrow (Molecular Bio) at 7 pm.
Its a worthy gamble, i can finally relax now that India won

Good luck from one MBio student to another

WHAT THE HELL !!!

GANGULY DROPPED FOR THE 3rd TEST ... UNFAIRRRRR. I could kill Kiran More and the rest of the chumps.

Whatever happened to the "If aint broke , why mend " policy ?

Wasnt Ganguly left out of the onedayers coz they dint want to tamper with the winning combination ?

"Bunch of Jokers " - Jimmy Amarnath on the selectors.

Ok .. Agreed Wasim Jaffer has been scoring runs by the tonnes , but why kick ganguly out of the team ?
If at all some1 shudve been dropped ( If at all ) , it shudve been Gambhir ..
Jaffer being an opener wouldve taken his place ..
Am sure this decision has a lot to do with Sharad 'prejudiced' Pawar coming into power.

Squad for the 3rd test
Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Wasim Jaffer, Rahul Dravid (capt), Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Murali Kartik, RP Singh.

Poor Ganguly he did play better in this test,scored 40 & 39 in the 2 innings.

Shocking! Really really shocking!

Dirty politics has finally surfaced after all the initial euphoria of "Fair treatment will be assured to person X", etc. This is terrible and an avid Indian cricket fan can only hope that this does not spell bad things for Indian cricket!

No need to be a Ganguly supporter! I am not a die hard Ganguly supporter and wont ridicule Dravid and Chappell if Ganguly is dropped! But everyone who follows Indian cricket sincerely and who are a true Indian cricket fan should place their hands on their heart and say "Does Ganguly deserve this treatment especially after this 'decent' performance of his in this just concluded test match?".

And now take the comment by Kiran More "We dont want Ganguly at No.6 as Yuvraj has been doing well there". If you take the total of both innings, Ganguly scores 79 and Yuvraj 77* (he would have scored more had he been allowed to carry on, thats not my case of argument!). Yuvraj has looked absolutely ill at ease against any spinner and this is no secret! Those who watched this test definitely know what I am saying. He was absolutely squared up by even Malinga Bandara and was only really lucky to survive that and score that 77*! Whearas Saurav Ganguly, even though he hasnt hammered the spinners, has looked very very assured off them! He played Murali very well in the second innings when Murali had taken 7 wickets in the first and had the psychological hold over the Indians!

So Kiran More is now proved to be a joker when he puts across his statement that Yuvraj is better than Ganguly in the middle order! Is he thinking that the Indian cricket fans are a bunch of morons? And look at the experience Ganguly has! He was seen supporting the bowlers, he was seen setting fields for Dravid when Sri Lanka zoomed away to 175/2 in the first innings before that mega collapse to Kumble (I am not trying to say his field placings changed the course of the match, but it shows what a professional cricketer he is! He could well have let Dravid do everything and watched it from behind!).

Being a big fan of Chappell, I expect him to somewhat suggest (directly or indirectly) that he is not happy with this decision! I think he would not be happy with this decision! For he has only two days ago, referred to Ganguly as the 'mentor'? Where on earth do you drop a mentor for some one who is just 7 test matches old? I am definitely sure this is not his work or Dravid's work to erase Ganguly from Indian cricket! This is definitely the work of Sharad Pawar and group!

So, the half blown bubble of the Delhi win has now been pricked by this atrocious decision! One can only hope that the air in it hasnt totally gone out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread