Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BALA BALA BALA!!! India won!!! Great bowing by Kumble and Harbhajan Singh.

**** those selectors man specially Kiran More. I feel sorry for Gangully. They should have drop Ghambhir he didn't do nothing in the series.

vibs89 said:
**** those selectors man specially Kiran More. I feel sorry for Gangully. They should have drop Ghambhir he didn't do nothing in the series.

Definitely agree! Gambhir should have been dropped! But they found it too convenient to drop Saurav who is supported by a constituency which is against the current faction in power!

saisrini80 said:
Shocking! Really really shocking!

Dirty politics has finally surfaced after all the initial euphoria of "Fair treatment will be assured to person X", etc. This is terrible and an avid Indian cricket fan can only hope that this does not spell bad things for Indian cricket!

No need to be a Ganguly supporter! I am not a die hard Ganguly supporter and wont ridicule Dravid and Chappell if Ganguly is dropped! But everyone who follows Indian cricket sincerely and who are a true Indian cricket fan should place their hands on their heart and say "Does Ganguly deserve this treatment especially after this 'decent' performance of his in this just concluded test match?".

And now take the comment by Kiran More "We dont want Ganguly at No.6 as Yuvraj has been doing well there". If you take the total of both innings, Ganguly scores 79 and Yuvraj 77* (he would have scored more had he been allowed to carry on, thats not my case of argument!). Yuvraj has looked absolutely ill at ease against any spinner and this is no secret! Those who watched this test definitely know what I am saying. He was absolutely squared up by even Malinga Bandara and was only really lucky to survive that and score that 77*! Whearas Saurav Ganguly, even though he hasnt hammered the spinners, has looked very very assured off them! He played Murali very well in the second innings when Murali had taken 7 wickets in the first and had the psychological hold over the Indians!

So Kiran More is now proved to be a joker when he puts across his statement that Yuvraj is better than Ganguly in the middle order! Is he thinking that the Indian cricket fans are a bunch of morons? And look at the experience Ganguly has! He was seen supporting the bowlers, he was seen setting fields for Dravid when Sri Lanka zoomed away to 175/2 in the first innings before that mega collapse to Kumble (I am not trying to say his field placings changed the course of the match, but it shows what a professional cricketer he is! He could well have let Dravid do everything and watched it from behind!).

Being a big fan of Chappell, I expect him to somewhat suggest (directly or indirectly) that he is not happy with this decision! I think he would not be happy with this decision! For he has only two days ago, referred to Ganguly as the 'mentor'? Where on earth do you drop a mentor for some one who is just 7 test matches old? I am definitely sure this is not his work or Dravid's work to erase Ganguly from Indian cricket! This is definitely the work of Sharad Pawar and group!

So, the half blown bubble of the Delhi win has now been pricked by this atrocious decision! One can only hope that the air in it hasnt totally gone out!
Shocking indeed for me and Iam not a Ganguly supporter by any strech of imagination . Sad for Sourav .
He contributed well in both innings and strung crucial partnerships with Sachin and Yuvraj .
I can understand them giving a chance to Wasim Jaffer but if at all you want to pick an opener, it should be at th cost of dropping another opener i.e Gambhir . Gambhir has`nt done anything great in test cricket other that scoring 40s and 30s and a odd 90.
Sourav`s attitude looked refreshing in this game and the team looked a settled lot . Why the hell was this decision made , I cannot understand ?
Read my post y`day where I said that I was stisfied with Sourav`s performance .
I just came back from college and heard this shocking news admist the joy of a test match win .
A great team effort in this game by India .

Last edited:
There's a saying. What you sow is what you reap. Ganguly has problems with Chappell, Dravid, and possibly Tendulkar too. (The awkward hug by Ganguly after Sachin's record 35th ton is kinda like a proof of this).

On top of that Dalmiya is gone now. Ganguly stayed a bit too long in the team ans as captain because of Dalmiya's blessings. Picking Jaffer might have been due to Sharad Pawar's influence, but you cannot overlook the wonderful domestic season Jaffer is enjoying. Avg of 89 in Ranji and 67 in Duleep should be good enough to get selected.

Now, Gambhir hasn't done much and people want his head instead of Ganguly. But in reality, Gambhir will be 12th man in all probability if Sehwag returns to open with Jaffer. Ganguly was fighting for a place in XI against Yuvraj and possibly Kaif. Yuvraj did very well in 2nd innings. Ganguly scored 39 and 40 painstaking runs which do not justify keeping him in the team.

Bunch Of Losers!

I'm so angry I dont even want to say anything to justify Ganguly's performance in the 2nd test.... :mad But i'll still do it anyway.

He scored runs, he built partnerships to ensure wickets did not fall in a heap.he was fielding with vigour, he was offering tips to Dravid about using the bowlers instead of being sore about losing his captaincy

Here I was thinking that the Delhi Test is going to be the rejuvenation of the Indian Team! Naive was I to think that Pawar's leadership could take the BCCI to new heights.

The selectors are a bunch of grudge-holding losers, proving to be mere puppets of the political conundrum. We should get ourselves some foreign selectors too

Indian Cricket fans like us were dreaming about what we can do to the Lankans in the 3rd test, how we can smash the Pakistani and English teams, whilst the Indian Team was not even allowed to enjoy a resounding victory. The dressing room was in silence inspite of the victory. Players were in groups feeling that Ganguly has been given a raw deal.

The selectors have done what England and Pakistan were praying for and have utterly decimated the spirit of this team.

I'm going to stop watching Indian Cricket and switch to the Anglo-Pak series instead... atleast its free of politics.

It was rather surprise for me and many other cricket-viewers. I expected Gambhir to be out but hey! its Indian politics!
Spectators don't seem to care, as long as they can watch a match...its not a problem. I'm not talking on behlaf of Ganguly here.

I'm talking about the state of BCCI, the stinking politics playing a much bigger role than what a captain or coach must be doing. It was only a matter of time before the axe falls on Ganguly and few others.

I'm sure this is not the end for Ganguly, stronger performances in domestic cricket will indeed put pressure on the selectors.
Yes, Ganguly had issues with Chappell, but thats prone to happen when you have people who think differently. It is a matter of mutual understanding and adaptation to professionality. I'm sure both Ganguly and Chappell were/are capable of doing it.

Also there is another thing we'll need to ponder on. A player like Ganguly with all the experience and fame is struggling to get into the team due to politics, what about other talented youngsters? around India who fail to make it into the team despite having the talent and skill?
Until the politics in India and even in BCCI change, there is very little you, I and even Ganguly can do.

FOr the third test, i'm sure Gambhir is going to be replaced by Jaffer. It'll be interesting how he gels with the team.

Death and Eradication of a Hero

But thats it isn't it? This works out so perfectly! Right now the whole fan following of the Team and even Ganguly's most staunch supporters are calling the selectors fools. But no one does anything.

This goes on for a few days. Then the media take over. All over all the new newspapers popping out of the woodwork, the blogs, the news sites and cricket sites, there are reports that "All passion and emotion aside, his performance has not been that good. Sachin is better, Dravid is better, Lara is better, he is weak against short pitched bowling, he fears fast bowlers, Shane Bond gives him nightmares and he lost a home series against Pakistan." So all his critics who were mocking his removal from the side sit themselves down and breathe a sigh of relief and say "Phew! What was I thinking, supporting him? I was right all along."

Then all the Kolkatans and Ganguly's small band of rigid fans rise in rebellion and protest against his removal. So the whole country and all the newspapers, blogs, sites get more meat to sink their teeth into! Everyone comes out condemning the acts of these rebels as mutinous and unpatriotic.
That takes care of the regionalists who support Ganguly cause he's from their land.

Then the selectors say "Who told you he's outta the race? The doors aren't closed on him yet!"

And so his greatest fans are sitting at the edge of their seats; Googling his name to find out how he's trying to better his game, visit Cricket Sites on a daily basis to watch scores of his Ranji matches and performances. That takes care of all his supporters. The selectors have gotten away with their amazing gambit.

Soon everyone is taking great efforts to rid their memories of the malignant tumor that was Sourav Ganguly. He is pushed into the darkest corner of Indian cricket. People joke about him in the years to come; every story, every comedy serial, even the person with the least bit of knowledge about cricket memorises his name and associates it in his mind with the worst player in the history of the game, who dropped catches, ran people out and took great steps to ensure that youngsters were kept out if the game.

He lost his sponsors a long time back and now sports channels are working round the clock to ensure that none of the old cricket matches they show have Ganguly on the team. Who can blame them? Its a business move.

Come 2007, eveyone's looking forward to the World Cup. And if, as I have always hoped, India does win the World Cup (under Chappell-Dravid leadership), everyone remembers during their celebrations that four years back that doofus of a captain named Sourav Ganguly cost us the World Cup. No one remembers that he took a bunch of rag-tag blokes and transformed them, if not into world beaters then atleast into a team that had a level of class and produced the occasional miracle. The discoveries of Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Kaif, Pathan, Zaheer are forgotten. His role in the resurgence of Dravid, Kumble, Harbhajan and even Srinath for a brief period is erased. His efforts to pull a country out of the nightmares of match fixing are pushed into the void.

It has happened to players before, and it will happen again.

Behold! The death of a hero is complete and you are in the nightmare that is INDIAN CRICKET.

furyfoxx said:
But thats it isn't it? This works out so perfectly! Right now the whole fan following of the Team and even Ganguly's most staunch supporters are calling the selectors fools. But no one does anything.

This goes on for a few days. Then the media take over. All over all the new newspapers popping out of the woodwork, the blogs, the news sites and cricket sites, there are reports that "All passion and emotion aside, his performance has not been that good. Sachin is better, Dravid is better, Lara is better, he is weak against short pitched bowling, he fears fast bowlers, Shane Bond gives him nightmares and he lost a home series against Pakistan." So all his critics who were mocking his removal from the side sit themselves down and breathe a sigh of relief and say "Phew! What was I thinking, supporting him? I was right all along."

Then all the Kolkatans and Ganguly's small band of rigid fans rise in rebellion and protest against his removal. So the whole country and all the newspapers, blogs, sites get more meat to sink their teeth into! Everyone comes out condemning the acts of these rebels as mutinous and unpatriotic.
That takes care of the regionalists who support Ganguly cause he's from their land.

Then the selectors say "Who told you he's outta the race? The doors aren't closed on him yet!"

And so his greatest fans are sitting at the edge of their seats; Googling his name to find out how he's trying to better his game, visit Cricket Sites on a daily basis to watch scores of his Ranji matches and performances. That takes care of all his supporters. The selectors have gotten away with their amazing gambit.

Soon everyone is taking great efforts to rid their memories of the malignant tumor that was Sourav Ganguly. He is pushed into the darkest corner of Indian cricket. People joke about him in the years to come; every story, every comedy serial, even the person with the least bit of knowledge about cricket memorises his name and associates it in his mind with the worst player in the history of the game, who dropped catches, ran people out and took great steps to ensure that youngsters were kept out if the game.

He lost his sponsors a long time back and now sports channels are working round the clock to ensure that none of the old cricket matches they show have Ganguly on the team. Who can blame them? Its a business move.

Come 2007, eveyone's looking forward to the World Cup. And if, as I have always hoped, India does win the World Cup (under Chappell-Dravid leadership), everyone remembers during their celebrations that four years back that doofus of a captain named Sourav Ganguly cost us the World Cup. No one remembers that he took a bunch of rag-tag blokes and transformed them, if not into world beaters then atleast into a team that had a level of class and produced the occasional miracle. The discoveries of Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Kaif, Pathan, Zaheer are forgotten. His role in the resurgence of Dravid, Kumble, Harbhajan and even Srinath for a brief period is erased. His efforts to pull a country out of the nightmares of match fixing are pushed into the void.

It has happened to players before, and it will happen again.

Behold! The death of a hero is complete and you are in the nightmare that is INDIAN CRICKET.

Doesnt do anything but make me agree! Oh gosh! What future future are these selectors harping about? We have Yuvraj and Kaif to seamlessly transition into the test side once the seniors hang up their boots. They have got the required test experience and can wait in the sidelines till the seniors hang up!

Pakistan are in very good form right now! You need an experience like Ganguly in such a high voltage encounter with them. Also against England, you need him to shore up your experience!

I dont think people would forget Ganguly if India win the WC in 2007. For, there are some good souls in this world too! But this day is a tragic one for true Indian cricket fans! One can only guess what must be going through Saurav's mind!

ZoraxDoom said:
Why have they yet to let Kaif ply in the tests? He is wayy better than some Sehwag wannabe.

Jaffer is there yaar!

What next? Amol Muzumdar to replace VVS Laxman? Sairaj Bahutule to replace Kumble when he doesnt perform in two tests or more? They have laid the first stone today! Expect more of it in future!

Users who are viewing this thread