Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This was one of the most shocking decision I have ever heard - Ganguly dropped after he showed the promise that he is in good form and can play like his old ways. I have to see all the happiness I was experiencing asfter Indian win got washed away after I read this news of Gangly being dropped. I have no idea what the selectors have in mind.

m_vaughan said:
Lets see how India perform without Ganguly.

I'm sure India will perform well w/o Gangs; it had been doing so previously. The true travesty is that he was dropped unfairly; especially when Gambhir would have been a better victim of this punishment.

Cricketman93 said:
poor gangz
crap desicion
Gambhir sucks

Go india :D
Gambhir suck??? Lolz.. You people are funny! Whenever a batsman score a century and win the match for the team you people say he's the best batsman in the world and suddenly when someone fails to score runs you guys say he sucks and crap. LOlz...just watch when Gambhir scores a century you're going to be the first one to write some good comments about him. I believe he's a great batsman and having some tough time, but he'll bounce back.
Anyway, Who is Wism Jaffer? Is he a good batsman?

Dhoni said:
Gambhir suck??? Lolz.. You people are funny! Whenever a batsman score a century and win the match for the team you people say he's the best batsman in the world and suddenly when someone fails to score runs you guys say he sucks and crap. LOlz...just watch when Gambhir scores a century you're going to be the first one to write some good comments about him. I believe he's a great batsman and having some tough time, but he'll bounce back.

Ya Dhoni i ttly agree with you.
:happy But India won the match now and kumble is the man of the match. Yes im so happy for India! :cheers

I was surprised and saddened at the decision of the selectors to drop Ganguly, especially after his decent performance in the test match. Dirty politics to core... :(

msamina said:
I was surprised and saddened at the decision of the selectors to drop Ganguly, especially after his decent performance in the test match. Dirty politics to core... :(

Everyone agrees now that Ganguly shouldnt have been dropped for the third test! Yet the selectors falter! Gr8 irony! Didnt the selectors think that this decision of theirs might garner more support for Saurav? Just make a visit to the cricket websites like Cricinfo, Rediff, Times of India, etc. Everybody is crying for Saurav! Ajit Wadekar, Sandeep Patil, Mohinder Amarnath, Navjot Sidhu, Jagmohan Dalmiya, etc coupled with various famous cricket article writers, etc.

Can this help in another comeback for Ganguly? I hope yes but its slim chance. All these guys will go quiet after a few days and only the strongest fans would unflinchingly support Ganguly!

But one thing is sure - the respect on the selectors is ZERO! Dravid, Kumble and Laxman have to be very very careful. They are not from Mumbai. If they fail consistently, they will face the same fate of Saurav soon!

Of Dravid, Kumble and Laxman, I think Dravid is more or less protected till the World Cup. I think Chappell's plans involve him to a great degree, and not even the stupidest administration in the world would change the captain with less than 2 seasons to the World Cup. Kumble may also have fair protection in test cricket, being India's most successful wicket-taker. Laxman is always iffy but I think he's proved his mettle as a test cricketer. I don't think the administration will push for these drops, especially since the zones are represented by the selection panel.

sohummisra said:
Of Dravid, Kumble and Laxman, I think Dravid is more or less protected till the World Cup. I think Chappell's plans involve him to a great degree, and not even the stupidest administration in the world would change the captain with less than 2 seasons to the World Cup. Kumble may also have fair protection in test cricket, being India's most successful wicket-taker. Laxman is always iffy but I think he's proved his mettle as a test cricketer. I don't think the administration will push for these drops, especially since the zones are represented by the selection panel.
Well you cant sure of anyone's place after the way gangully was dropped.

sohummisra said:

If I remember rite, there is a selector from East Zone too representing in the selection panel rite?

Dhoni said:

Jaffers pretty good! i saw him play a loong time ago, maybe 6 years ago, opening with Das, or ramesh, i forget. He was aggressive, and was good. I couldn't belive he was dropped then itself. he's averaging 89 in the current ranji season.

Cricketman93 said:
Jaffers pretty good! i saw him play a loong time ago, maybe 6 years ago, opening with Das, or ramesh, i forget. He was aggressive, and was good. I couldn't belive he was dropped then itself. he's averaging 89 in the current ranji season.
Well, we'll see how he plays in the 3rd test then?

Cricketman93 said:

Jaffer has been scoring runs in the bucketfuls in the domestic season! He has been one of the top batsman for Mumbai! He got 3 fifties for India in the test matches opening. He got two back to back fifties in the same test against the West Indies in West Indies and he got a 53 against England in England!

saisrini80 said:
Jaffer has been scoring runs in the bucketfuls in the domestic season! He has been one of the top batsman for Mumbai! He got 3 fifties for India in the test matches opening. He got two back to back fifties in the same test against the West Indies in West Indies and he got a 53 against England in England!
This shows he has plyed well as opener in trying conditions for openers.

ashu2411 said:
Well you cant sure of anyone's place after the way gangully was dropped.
That is a very undeveloped sort of conclusion. Ganguly already had half his body outside the room that was the Indian cricket team (I'm speaking metaphors here) and he was given a forceful exit just because of that. It was unfair, I admit, but the other player's presence has not been the same as Ganguly's. None of Laxman, Kumble or Sachin have got into a public spat with Chappell or infuriated the selectors.

saisrini80 said:
If I remember rite, there is a selector from East Zone too representing in the selection panel rite?
Your point? Are you saying Ganguly was dropped even though there was a selector from the East Zone? Ganguly's circumstance was different because he was not just another player--he was an ex-captain who was have differences with the coach. His being dropped was definitely unfair, but was not an entirely unexpected occurrence, given that he was being tried under very tense conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread