Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
cricket_lover said:
The scenario is getting very interesting!

Lot of former-cricketers condemned Ganguly's removal from the test team...from Mohinder amarnath, to Sidhu to Madan Lal to many other former officials.
Pawar says he was "shocked"

Now sources reveal that Pawar might intervene this decision and may talk to the selectors.

Whats the next story? We're eagerly waiting for it!

This Ganguly issue has become a nationwide controversy!

I dont think any change would be made now! If at all a change has to be made, it would be only for the Pakistan series.... If Ganguly is tried to brought back now before the Ahmedabad test, it would make matters worse. No team mate would have any kind of respect for him since he would have come in due to his fans and supporters and not due to merit!

I think Ganguly should immediately play the next match for Bengal on December 17th against Delhi. He also has a match on December 27th, but he has to play sooner to try and get a place in the squad for Pakistan (even though Dalmiya says he wont play on 17th)!

Lets see what this bunch of idiots (refer: selectors) do when Ganguly continues to score in domestic circuit!

vibs89 said:
Well Just saw the news. The protest of Ganguly going on in Kolkatta. They are burning the pictures of the selectors and Greg Chappel as well as they are chanting "We Want Gangully Back"

Crap! I dont think Greg has anything to do with this decision! This is only politics and plain politics by the board!

Kiran More certainly deserves this! He has always been anti-Ganguly and has always been trying to plot his downfall!

furyfoxx said:
No need to burn effigies of Greg bhai though...

Anybody reckon there might be players in the team who will retaliate? Or are they too smart to make such an elementary mistake in politics?

Players retaliating? Only Bengal players might do it but I doubt even they would do it. Who wants to risk being thrown into this politics thereby jeopardizing their chances of playing for the National team?

None from the national team will speak abt it! They are scared of the consequences! I dont know abt Bhajji though! He spoke out last time, but I dont think he would this time!

Not only in Kolkatta. It's happening everywhere. I just cannot think how can a great player and who is experience can be drop from the team. I feel sorry for him. Kiran More is such restarted.

What the selectors have done with Dada is totally wrong! He didn't deserve that in fact Gambhir did. The decision has made now and I think people should try forgetting about all this crap and hope that the selectors select him for the tour of Pakistan. Now the Indian team should concentrate on cricket because the next tour against Pakistan won?t be an easy one for them.

vibs89 said:
Not only in Kolkatta. It's happening everywhere. I just cannot think how can a great player and who is experience can be drop from the team. I feel sorry for him. Kiran More is such restarted.

Is it happening in places like Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai also? I dont think so! Protests will only take place in Kolkatta. Others can only feel sorry for him!

IMO, he has to be included for the India tour of Pakistan in January and has to be given the option of either performing to a certain extent to keep his place and should be asked to put in hang his boots! He can be given two test series - against Pakistan and England as his final chance!

langerrox said:
is ganguly only 28??

Dont know whether this is a sarcastic comment or not, he's 33!

But if Lara and others can play on till 36 or so, why cant he do the same? He has been improving on his fitness more than ever before and is still a world class batsman!

Ganguly deserves a chance. Don't understand why he is being kicked. From what I've read is to give the youngsters Yuvraj Singh and Mohammad Kaif a chance.

ok frankly speaking i think ganguly's exclusion isn't such a bad idea. The only thing that mite maybe hurt india is his experience and to share his expertise and give advice to the youngsters out there....i truly believe ganguly won't be scoring more than 30-40 odd runs that yuvraj or kaif could ezily do...but india's gettin more out of yuvy/kaif doing it b/c ur developing these players...ganguly will be gone in 2-3 years...in this case now. ganguly had a great run but i think its time he called it quits. frankly speaking ganguly really should have quit wen he was excluded fromt he squad for the odi series against srilanka/southafrica. There is no point in lingering around with this selection process BS.

The selectors just want ganguly out...i don't see how ganguly can really make a difference for india. fine he's a veteran but other than that he's nothing just a veteran...and ganguly doesn't seem like the guy who would give advice to the youngseters....dravid n sachin for example are great all round guys who are always willing to help out w/ the younger generation and thats what india needs....

i truly don't see how the exclusion of ganguly is a bad thing other than millions of fans not liking it..i think its time ganguly called it quits.

sunnyvempati said:
ok frankly speaking i think ganguly's exclusion isn't such a bad idea. The only thing that mite maybe hurt india is his experience and to share his expertise and give advice to the youngsters out there....i truly believe ganguly won't be scoring more than 30-40 odd runs that yuvraj or kaif could ezily do...but india's gettin more out of yuvy/kaif doing it b/c ur developing these players...ganguly will be gone in 2-3 years...in this case now. ganguly had a great run but i think its time he called it quits. frankly speaking ganguly really should have quit wen he was excluded fromt he squad for the odi series against srilanka/southafrica. There is no point in lingering around with this selection process BS.

The selectors just want ganguly out...i don't see how ganguly can really make a difference for india. fine he's a veteran but other than that he's nothing just a veteran...and ganguly doesn't seem like the guy who would give advice to the youngseters....dravid n sachin for example are great all round guys who are always willing to help out w/ the younger generation and thats what india needs....

i truly don't see how the exclusion of ganguly is a bad thing other than millions of fans not liking it..i think its time ganguly called it quits.

Then why dont we kick Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble out? Why arene we keeping them out? We can well develop Suresh Raina, Venugopal Rao, Shikar Dhawan, Piyush Chawla, etc.

Even when not being the captain, he brings an aura of aggression wherever he goes! Of course, I have on numerous occasions pointed out his experience. Of course, his batting even though he has been very poor in the recent few years, he seems to be taking all the right measures to correct it and definitely deserves a better run in at least test cricket!

Who the hell said he doesnt give advice to the youngsters? You watch cricket on a regular basis? I do! Ganguly is often seen at mid on or mid off and most of the times, he is seen patting the bowler on his back before the bowler goes back to his run up to start his next delivery! He has been like this even after being stripped of his captaincy!

have you seen ganguly? he's got problems w/ every1....he thinks he's the greatest batsman in the world..this doesn't help our team..and plus we don't need 6 of the freakin players out of the starting 11 to be veterans..i mean ganguly isn't all done here...he's obviously gonna get another chance or two w/ the pakistan tour...u kno wat if ur truly a veteran then u'll be able to prove it the first match bak..thas wat a great player does aka sachin.

i don't think this situation will be there till the pakistan tour..i have a feeling its gonna end very soon..ganguly mite opt out of his cricket career...there really is no point..we all kno the selectors don't want him anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
sunnyvempati said:
have you seen ganguly? he's got problems w/ every1....he thinks he's the greatest batsman in the world..this doesn't help our team..and plus we don't need 6 of the freakin players out of the starting 11 to be veterans..i mean ganguly isn't all done here...he's obviously gonna get another chance or two w/ the paki tour...u kno wat if ur truly a veteran then u'll be able to prove it the first match bak..thas wat a great player does aka sachin.

i don't think this situation will be there till the paki tour..i have a feeling its gonna end very soon..ganguly mite opt out of his cricket career...there really is no point..we all kno the selectors don't want him anyway.

Ganguly is not going to opt out till the 2007 World Cup! He is always a fighter and till he thinks he cant play cricket for India, he wont opt out! He shouldnt also do it!

Let the freakin selectors do whatever they want! They will not be able to keep Ganguly out for long!

hey u kno wat future's future...rite now the selectors have a say..and if we go by wats goin on rite now...the selectors dont' even want ganguly in the side so i don't see him coming bak into the lineup....and if he does to the great luck of ganguly...he better be damn prepared to play a great innings..cuz it could prove to be his only chance

sunnyvempati said:
hey u kno wat future's future...rite now the selectors have a say..and if we go by wats goin on rite now...the selectors dont' even want ganguly in the side so i don't see him coming bak into the lineup....and if he does to the great luck of ganguly...he better be damn prepared to play a great innings..cuz it could prove to be his only chance

yeah, that i know.. he has to play a few great innings.. he has to magically re-invent the murderous Ganguly of the old!

If he does that, the selectors will have no option but to bring him back! Well, I hope it happens! But whatever it is, no one can deny that the selectors have treated him unfairly this time around!

Lok Sabha will bring up the issue if Ganguly being dropped from the side! Oh Boy!! I am compelled to say it... "It happens only in India"...

Does anyone remember Javagal Srinath? He was and still remains India's best fast bowler after Kapil Dev. Javagal Srinath got a raw deal from selectors as well. He too did a lot for Indian team. He carried the entire mantle of fast bowling when India played outside sub-continent. Why didn't anyone do protests and "shradhas" of selectors and coach when he was kicked out of the team...

Please dont say Srinath's case in different... its the same bloody thing that as Ganguly.

I personally feel that Ganguly for what he has done in past 2-3 months (Zim episode) has made more enemies in the team and the Cricket board. The board is having its vengeance against him. This is not new guys!! Its a dog eat dog world!! Imagine yourself working for Microsoft and making Bill Gates your enemy... Do you stand a chance to keep your job?? Its as simple as ABCD...

Please visit http://www.Moveon.org and move on...

My View

I was expressing the same sentiments as you guys about the Ganguly issue but when I thought about the issue again, I have one point to say when we see things from the selectors point of view :

For the selectors support :
1.) Ganguly is a middle order batsman as we all know and he was competing for the middle order spot against Yuvraj and not an opening slot which Gambhir has occupied and Jaffer might occupy .
Hence , it was Yuvraj`s 77* which was the main reason for Ganguly`s exclusion

2.) Ganguly`s strength is his ODI cricket nd not his test cricket , he is a good test player and a great ODI batsman . Hence, with an eye on the future, Yuvraj might be the answer .

What goes against the Selectors
:-

1.) If the selectors had felt that Ganguly might not be the man for test cricket in the future, the should have not been selected for the test side in the SRL series .
They have now created a huge problem for themselves and are looking like a `bunch of jokers` now which many feel they actually are !

2.) The way the selectors have handled a great player really hurts everyone irrespective of whether he is a Ganguly supporter or not . Also, having Kept Yuvraj out of the side till now, they could have left him out for one more game to allow Sourav to prove himself one more time .

For the Supporters :
Please keep in mind that it is a team which comes first . The way the crowds are reacting to this issue is a real disappointment . I heard the Kolkata crowds chanting slogans even against `Team India`,Rahul Dravid and Sachin . That hurts .
As long as the team is winning, people must not be concerned with the region the players are coming from .

Admist all this , people are forgetting that the side is doing exceptionally .
We`v won 8 out of 11 ODIs and are about to become the No.2 test si
de

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread