Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree with u Saisrini80.

I am not a die hard fan of Ganguly but being a Indian fan, i felt very bad for Ganguly. Its a dark phase in Indian Cricket. Ganguly shouldn't be treated like this, if there were any problems with Ganguly, they should have told him to retire and give him a good farewell. But this is absoulutely rubbish. Kiran More is talking some rubbish everyday. I think Indian selectors should be removed and ex-cricketers (like sunil gavaskar, ravi shastri, sandeep patil, kapil dev etc) should form a team which selects the team and no politician should be included in this.

As Ajit Wadekar said, Ganguly should retire and slap on the selectors for thier coward selection process and comments. I am saying this bcoz even though Ganguly comes back, it would be hard to cope with the team mates and it would be difficult for him to be the " DADA " as earlier.

:mad

I agree.....Ganguly is better then most of our players in our team.....Ganguly should rerire at the right moment. like socring a test-hundred or possibly ending his career with a winners medal in world cup 07 ( if thats possible).....after all Ganguly was the best ever captain to captain India.

rahulk666 said:
Lok Sabha will bring up the issue if Ganguly being dropped from the side! Oh Boy!! I am compelled to say it... "It happens only in India"...

I agree.

aditya123 said:
I was expressing the same sentiments as you guys about the Ganguly issue but when I thought about the issue again, I have one point to say when we see things from the selectors point of view :

For the selectors support :
1.) Ganguly is a middle order batsman as we all know and he was competing for the middle order spot against Yuvraj and not an opening slot which Gambhir has occupied and Jaffer might occupy .
Hence , it was Yuvraj`s 77* which was the main reason for Ganguly`s exclusion

2.) Ganguly`s strength is his ODI cricket nd not his test cricket , he is a good test player and a great ODI batsman . Hence, with an eye on the future, Yuvraj might be the answer .

What goes against the Selectors
:-

1.) If the selectors had felt that Ganguly might not be the man for test cricket in the future, the should have not been selected for the test side in the SRL series .
They have now created a huge problem for themselves and are looking like a `bunch of jokers` now which many feel they actually are !

2.) The way the selectors have handled a great player really hurts everyone irrespective of whether he is a Ganguly supporter or not . Also, having Kept Yuvraj out of the side till now, they could have left him out for one more game to allow Sourav to prove himself one more time .

For the Supporters :
Please keep in mind that it is a team which comes first . The way the crowds are reacting to this issue is a real disappointment . I heard the Kolkata crowds chanting slogans even against `Team India`,Rahul Dravid and Sachin . That hurts .
As long as the team is winning, people must not be concerned with the region the players are coming from .

Admist all this , people are forgetting that the side is doing exceptionally .
We`v won 8 out of 11 ODIs and are about to become the No.2 test si
de

I have to agree. I was not expecting Ganguly to be picked for the test squad after he was not picked for the ODI series. Now, after picking and playing Ganguly, the selectors have now removed him even after a decent knock. That is the problem.

But, we should realize that the team comes first and not get carried away. It is getting a bit ridiculous...

rahulk666 said:
Lok Sabha will bring up the issue if Ganguly being dropped from the side! Oh Boy!! I am compelled to say it... "It happens only in India"...

Does anyone remember Javagal Srinath? He was and still remains India's best fast bowler after Kapil Dev. Javagal Srinath got a raw deal from selectors as well. He too did a lot for Indian team. He carried the entire mantle of fast bowling when India played outside sub-continent. Why didn't anyone do protests and "shradhas" of selectors and coach when he was kicked out of the team...

Please dont say Srinath's case in different... its the same bloody thing that as Ganguly.

I personally feel that Ganguly for what he has done in past 2-3 months (Zim episode) has made more enemies in the team and the Cricket board. The board is having its vengeance against him. This is not new guys!! Its a dog eat dog world!! Imagine yourself working for Microsoft and making Bill Gates your enemy... Do you stand a chance to keep your job?? Its as simple as ABCD...

Please visit http://www.Moveon.org and move on...

You're right, Srinath's case isn't different. BECAUSE HE ANNOUNCED HIS OWN RETIREMENT AFTER THE WC2003.

After a while he was even requested to return to the test squad. By whom? Sourav Ganguly.

But Srinath refused. He ended his career on a high after good performances in the world cup. I think Sourav has also planned the same thing, retire after WC2007.

Meanwhile Gavaskar has asked Sourav to take it easy and show his class in the Ranji Games to win back his position and Sourav has made it clear that he has no intentions of hanging up his boots.

Ganguly is still a Important player for India.....if he finds is form agian, I just think Ganguly just needs some more time and play a few domestic matches to get his toach and form back.

Indiangod said:
Ganguly is still a Important player for India.....if he finds is form agian, I just think Ganguly just needs some more time and play a few domestic matches to get his toach and form back.

ya that's correct, but the selectors took him in the squad for just 2 matches(one match was rained) and then dropped again :noway :mad .

I think he should be in the squad for Pakistan Tour.

gamerkid22 said:
ya that's correct, but the selectors took him in the squad for just 2 matches(one match was rained) and then dropped again :noway :mad .

I think so too. Pakistan might be thinking thats a easy Indian wicket right away if Ganguly makes it into the final 11. But thats not the case he should just take his time. Ganguly did not do no wrong in the 2nd test.

The real thing that **** me off is that they selected Jaffer!!! Why Jaffer??? Why??? They could Get Kaif, Rao, or if they wanted an opener maybe Raina, Utthapa Dhawan, but they selected Jaffer! C'mon!

rahulk666 said:

Does anyone remember Javagal Srinath? He was and still remains India's best fast bowler after Kapil Dev. Javagal Srinath got a raw deal from selectors as well. He too did a lot for Indian team. He carried the entire mantle of fast bowling when India played outside sub-continent. Why didn't anyone do protests and "shradhas" of selectors and coach when he was kicked out of the team...

Please dont say Srinath's case in different... its the same bloody thing that as Ganguly.

I personally feel that Ganguly for what he has done in past 2-3 months (Zim episode) has made more enemies in the team and the Cricket board. The board is having its vengeance against him. This is not new guys!! Its a dog eat dog world!! Imagine yourself working for Microsoft and making Bill Gates your enemy... Do you stand a chance to keep your job?? Its as simple as ABCD...

Please visit http://www.Moveon.org and move on...

Yes, it happened with Ganguly only because he has a lot of supporters than Srinath! We all tend to give more love to our batsmen than our bowlers! Even Kapil Dev, one of our memorable heroes, is an all rounder (a batsman!).

Lok sabha taking up this issue is stupid! There is Dalmiya who is asking Pawar ro re-induct Ganguly back for the third test! How absurd? That would be more insulting for Ganguly! He should not play for India because of some one's pestering! He should be selected on fair grounds and should prove what he is to the country!

I see many sites and people blaming Dravid and Chappell! Ok, blaming Chappell is logical because he was involved in a row with Saurav and some think he might be behind this decision. But Dravid? They are taking the instance where Dravid said before the announcement of the dropping of Saurav that "these things happen in international cricket, its probably not right on him". what else can he say? Saurav has enemies for sure within the board. if some one openly backs him, he puts himself in the line of fire! Be it Dravid or anyone! Dravid cant say anything else.

ZoraxDoom said:
The real thing that **** me off is that they selected Jaffer!!! Why Jaffer??? Why??? They could Get Kaif, Rao, or if they wanted an opener maybe Raina, Utthapa Dhawan, but they selected Jaffer! C'mon!

Thats what I felt first! Why Jaffer? Why not some one else? Does it mean that they have put Gambhir on the line of fire too? I think yes! Gambhir is now put in an uneasy world!

gamerkid22 said:

He might be on the squad for Pakistan! There are rumors that he would be inducted for the tour of Pakistan because Pakistan are in a rejuvenated form and chances of Saurav failing against them are quite high. So the rumour has it that he will be there (of course, not accounting the miracles that Saurav can conjure up)!

More fuel to the fire

Its getting murkier by the minute.
Reports are in that the selectors had decided to give Sourav one more chance to prove himself at Ahmedabad and if he failed he would be outta the team. 2 out of the 5 selectors were of the opinion that Sourav had performed well enough to atleast retain a position in the last test. It was decided that Kiran More should speak to Sourav and tell him the plan.

But for some reason, Mr. Chairman did not do so.

All the selectors agree that Pawar has nothing to do with this and was unaware of the whole incident.

Also Chappel had strongly and aggresively fought against Sourav's inclusion in the team as he was a 'lazy fielder', 'created rifts in the team' and 'did not laugh and mix with the team'

Dravid too had wanted him out of the team because he was aware that Chappel was against Sourav's inclusion in the playing 11 and he did not want a former captain sitting in the dressing room and carrying drinks.

The source also said that the coach did not want Zaheer in the team, but his name was to be considered for the Pak tour.

Ok thats the report, I don't remember the news site or i would've just put the link.

@Chappel: Lazy fielder? Not after the last test.
Rifts in the team? You started it all.
Not laughing? Give the man a break he's back in the team after a long time feeling emasculated and dethroned it will take a while!

@ Dravid: I for one have lost all respect for this seemingly 'nice guy' and feel he is a backstabber after all Ganguly did for him he could've atleast given the man a chance.

Dravid likely to miss third and final Test!

Teams

India (likely): Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag (capt), VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh.

Sri Lanka (likely): Marvan Atapattu (capt), Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Thilan Samaraweera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Jehan Mubarak, Chaminda Vaas, Malinga Bandara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Dilhara Fernando

Users who are viewing this thread