Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
That is a very undeveloped sort of conclusion. Ganguly already had half his body outside the room that was the Indian cricket team (I'm speaking metaphors here) and he was given a forceful exit just because of that. It was unfair, I admit, but the other player's presence has not been the same as Ganguly's. None of Laxman, Kumble or Sachin have got into a public spat with Chappell or infuriated the selectors.

Your point? Are you saying Ganguly was dropped even though there was a selector from the East Zone? Ganguly's circumstance was different because he was not just another player--he was an ex-captain who was have differences with the coach. His being dropped was definitely unfair, but was not an entirely unexpected occurrence, given that he was being tried under very tense conditions.

So if your ideas differ from the coach, you get dropped?
If you reveal something to the media, you get dropped?
There were hundreds of such incidents that took place before, controversies in all aspects of the game, and i never heard of a good player getting dropped for stupid reasons.

Its pure politics, nothing else. credit goes to Pawar and co.
If the same thing happens to Sachin, i'm sure the response would be severe.
Ganguly is now a scapegoat, nothing else. Politics rule his fate, not his skill.

ashu2411 said:
This shows he has plyed well as opener in trying conditions for openers.
Big tosh! Sanjay Bangar who replaced him in the opening slot scored a 50 of 200 odd balls in England, Deep Das Gupta scored 60 odd runs off 280 balls opening in South Africa and scored a ton against England (at Mohali?).

Hell, Ajay Ratra scored a ton against the Windies at Antigua.

Jaffer is a good player but he has a tendency to play across the line and also he does not stretch his front foot well forward making him an easy candidate for lbw.

Why the hell the likes of Satyajit Parab, Ravneet Ricky and Ramesh not being given a chance. Ramesh is a class player, so is Parab. Ricky is explosive and can complement Sehwag well. If Akash Chopra can merit a place in the team, why cant they?

And speaking of Mumbaikars can anyone see the entry of Gambhir's Under 19 partner Vinayak Mane into the test arena?

If I hear the phrase 'Looking at the Future' once more, I'll explode! The selectors picked the cap'n looking at the future, and now they're picking the team looking at the future.

Difference of age between Sourav and Dravid? Roughly 200 days! But he's still not a part of the scary 'future' the selectors are looking at.

i know! Ganguly still has few years left in him, and his contributions can be very helpful for the youngsters.

saisrini80 said:
Jaffer is there yaar!

What next? Amol Muzumdar to replace VVS Laxman? Sairaj Bahutule to replace Kumble when he doesnt perform in two tests or more? They have laid the first stone today! Expect more of it in future!
Huh? Is it supposed to be a good thing?

27 years, 302 days.

Not so young to me, considering he will be 29 by the WC. Why don't they just get a 20 year old instead? Parab, Chopra, hell even Kaif would have been better choices!!!

BTW-Kaif would have been an excellent choice really.

ZoraxDoom said:
Huh? Is it supposed to be a good thing?

27 years, 302 days.

Not so young to me, considering he will be 29 by the WC. Why don't they just get a 20 year old instead? Parab, Chopra, hell even Kaif would have been better choices!!!

BTW-Kaif would have been an excellent choice really.

Kaif is a good choice...Thiers still good players out thier like Dhawan, Utphatta and Rao who still are in thier early 20s.

Yup, Raina and Rao too should be given a shot, easily over Jaffer. And the V.Mane dude, even he would be more promising.

furyfoxx said:
Ha! This is the funniest piece of news I've read about the whole Ganguly story.

Pawar says he's surprised about Ganguly's deselection! Says he didn't even come to know till 7PM on TV! That's our BCCI prez.... always on top of everything :rtfl
http://sify.com/sports/cricket/fullstory.php?id=14049459

This guy is simply bluffing to the core! :mad:

ZoraxDoom said:
Yup, Raina and Rao too should be given a shot, easily over Jaffer. And the V.Mane dude, even he would be more promising.

I wont blame Jaffer's inclusion! But not at the cost of Dada!

furyfoxx said:
Difference of age between Sourav and Dravid? Roughly 200 days! But he's still not a part of the scary 'future' the selectors are looking at.

Thats what you call 'politics' friend! One player who is 200 days younger to another is being made captain when the selectors are on a frenzy for the "a team for the future" catchword!

Its easy to drop Ganguly because he has been very frank, open hearted and its easy to sack him because there are equal sets of people who protest his inclusion and detest his inclusion!

cricket_lover said:
i know! Ganguly still has few years left in him, and his contributions can be very helpful for the youngsters.

I expect him to only hang up his boots after the 2007 World Cup!

Just watch out - he will play in West Indies!

saisrini80 said:
This guy is simply bluffing to the core! :mad:

I wont blame Jaffer's inclusion! But not at the cost of Dada!

Thats what you call 'politics' friend! One player who is 200 days younger to another is being made captain when the selectors are on a frenzy for the "a team for the future" catchword!

Its easy to drop Ganguly because he has been very frank, open hearted and its easy to sack him because there are equal sets of people who protest his inclusion and detest his inclusion!

I expect him to only hang up his boots after the 2007 World Cup!

Just watch out - he will play in West Indies!

:cheers to that! This man does not know the meaning of the word impossible.

Lol! If he was as weak minded as Greg said he was in his famous e-mail he would've killed himself by now! :eek:

The scenario is getting very interesting!

Lot of former-cricketers condemned Ganguly's removal from the test team...from Mohinder amarnath, to Sidhu to Madan Lal to many other former officials.
Pawar says he was "shocked"

Now sources reveal that Pawar might intervene this decision and may talk to the selectors.

Whats the next story? We're eagerly waiting for it!

Well Just saw the news. The protest of Ganguly going on in Kolkatta. They are burning the pictures of the selectors and Greg Chappel as well as they are chanting "We Want Gangully Back"

Not only in Kolkata...i've heard its happening in parts of Mumbai and Ahmedabad as well. Wow...thats some craze!

It'll be interesting to see the crowd's behaviour in the third test.

No need to burn effigies of Greg bhai though...

Anybody reckon there might be players in the team who will retaliate? Or are they too smart to make such an elementary mistake in politics?

Users who are viewing this thread