Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
saisrini80 said:
Time now to move on to South Africa... Our motto should be to crush them to pieces although its no easy task at all! But our aim should be to crush our opponents. If we have to upstage Australia from the top of the ladder, we need to adopt this policy!

At least for now, Time to party for the Men in Blue!

Yuvraj definitely cant be thrown away in haste! Chappell and the team management knows what his calibre is. When its his day, he makes the opposition think of other areas in their profession!!!!!! he is a similar kind of player like Sehwag who on song, will tear the bowling into pieces! A brilliant fielder and a handy bowler who can break partnerships at crucial situations!

An insult for this all rounder to be compared with a one dimensional guy like Ganguly!

"crush them to pieces although its no easy task at all" great motto, now put in action :)

Thats the good thing about Yuvraj, he isn't only a attacking batsmen. He can also contribute in the field and with ball in hand if he doesn't succeed with the bat.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
in this series Yuvraj was inconsistant..resembling Laxman in ODIs
His performences in all matches were horrible & suddenly in one match he comes up with an excellent performence.

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yuvraj is good in every game

when he comes to bat after 40 overs, what can he do

he was unlucky a few times, like mistiming,etc.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
aussie1st said:
Thats what these big hitters do. Good in some games, not so good in others.

thankfully, we have had the luxury to have yuvraj's inconsistency complimented by the performances of gambhir, tendulkar, dhoni, dravid, raina, etc...

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Looking back at the series.
These were Dhoni's scores in 7 matches.
1. 38(3x4,2x6)
2. DNB
3. 183*(15x4,10x6)
4. 45*(1x4,2x6)
5. 0
6. DNB
7. 80(9x4,3x6)

His stats in this series:
Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
MS Dhoni 7 5 2 346 183* 115.33 119.31 1 1 6 3

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dravid has the best average of the series so far! Its 156 and even better than Dhoni! Dravid simply rockzzzzz.... I would have gone with him for the Man of the series but yeah, Dhoni made a far greater impact for him to be selected. He also deserves it!

Who is the better batsman - Dravid or Tendulkar? Te debate again heats up! Its definitely very very tough to choose!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Tendulkar was early on, then Dravid hit back. Test matches is the one to settle the debate though. You can't really tell who is the better batsmen in the hit and miss nature of ODIs.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i think dravid is the best batsman for india in test matches, his very consistent i wish new zealand had a player like him :(

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
see the ranks

dravid - test - 3, odi -6
sachin - test - 10+, odi - 9

but also see the career best of these players and you find sachin higher, lara's odi career best was 908

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ashish_Nehra said:
yuvraj is good in every game

when he comes to bat after 40 overs, what can he do

he was unlucky a few times, like mistiming,etc.

Accept the fact that he is inconsistent. :mad:
Had he not scored that 79 against a fearless lankan attack he would have been out of the team.(fearless - i mean wothout murali)
Yuvraj has been struggling in the recent past and he comes up with a performance when he's just to be thrown out of the team.
Kaif is a far better player than him.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
iceman_waugh said:
Accept the fact that he is inconsistent. :mad:
Had he not scored that 79 against a fearless lankan attack he would have been out of the team.(fearless - i mean wothout murali)
Yuvraj has been struggling in the recent past and he comes up with a performance when he's just to be thrown out of the team.
Kaif is a far better player than him.

I agree. Kaif is more better becoz he is more consistent than Yuvraj. He oes not take risks unlike what Yuvraj does. So chances of succeeding gets reduced with Yuvraj unlike Kaif who enjoys a better success percentage than Yuvraj!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yuvi= Higher risks-More runs-Less consistancy
Kaif= Less risks-Fewer runs-More consistency

Confuses me why Yuvi is in the test arena though? :confused:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
India haven't really played enough test over the past few years of Yuvraj Singh to establish himself. To me Yuvraj is like Pietersen, a big hitter that could come of at any time.

The main difference I see is Yuvraj doesn't consistenly get 50s. He is getting out before then which is a worry if he keeps that up.

Users who are viewing this thread