Sri Lanka in West Indies

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe Gayle will bat more sensibly as Captain. Look how captaincy has changed Dhonis play.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
How??He still can't hit cover drive..And He still can't bat in tests against McGrath or Lee!!!:p
Gayle is so cool as a captain..Plus I never saw him batting in any different role..He doesn't care..He always bats as he likes..
Sarwan takes himself more serious as captain which put him under lots of pressure..

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How??He still can't hit cover drive..And He still can't bat in tests against McGrath or Lee!!!:p
Gayle is so cool as a captain..Plus I never saw him batting in any different role..He doesn't care..He always bats as he likes..
Sarwan takes himself more serious as captain which put him under lots of pressure..

I don't think so. Sarwan cannot be compare to Gayle.

Sarwan would of never retain the field when his team were in trouble. But C Gayle did it. His team was in trouble in the 2nd test against SA. and he came out even when his figures was hurt and played and great knot and came out to field and save a great catch. but it wasn't enough to save W.I from winning.

Sarwan would of never done that.

So how can you say Gayle don't take his captaincy serious

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya I am not Saying Sarwan is bad at all.And He has performed also under pressure..
But My point was Bro that Gayle most of time don't care for Situation..If they got 300 to chase,Gayle keep his same hitting out of the ground,Where I feel that Captaincy pressure may affect Sarwan natural approach.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Make Chanderpaul the captain. He does not get injured and also does not get hit on head.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
And He won't care for Captaincy..Anybody who wanna bowl or bat they will go without asking Chandrapaul..He is so reserve as captain..

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Ya I am not Saying Sarwan is bad at all.And He has performed also under pressure..
But My point was Bro that Gayle most of time don't care for Situation..If they got 300 to chase,Gayle keep his same hitting out of the ground,Where I feel that Captaincy pressure may affect Sarwan natural approach.

Wait and See. If Sarwan ever get Captaincy again, lets see if he can win a trophy, C Gayle won 1 already.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Make Chanderpaul the captain. He does not get injured and also does not get hit on head.

Chanders was already the captain and it didn't work for him, he didn't have the respect of the players. The team that he had at his disposal wasn't the best that he could have got but still he didn't bat good during that period and his captaincy was questioned.

Wait and See. If Sarwan ever get Captaincy again, lets see if he can win a trophy, C Gayle won 1 already.

I think that you misunderstood what vibhav was talking about. He agrees with you that Gayle is a better choice than Sarwan for the captaincy.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks Dare..You know bro thats the big problem with me..No body understand my English except Sid.And you are number 2 in my list..

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Thanks Dare..You know bro thats the big problem with me..No body understand my English except Sid.And you are number 2 in my list..

What about me ?

Yeah,the captaincy debate is hotting up in the Windies.Lets see what happens and how the captains fare.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well if Jaggernauth doesn't make the squad after his performance against the Windward Islands than someone should get shot. He took 12/133 including 7/60 in the 2nd innings, this guy should be the full time spinner for West Indies.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
I heard on the Radio.
West Indies Selector are looking back at Old Talent.
After Barbados VS Jamaica Match Today.
They have Ryan Hinds, S. Benn, P. Collins, M. Samuel, C. gayle and few other Old cricketer they are looking for.

I personally Feel, they should give some young talent a Chance. I see a Bright your in many young talent, unlike the Big name we have.
They shouldn't Drop Gayle, Chanderpaul, Bravo, Collins, Chattergoon, P Browne, Taylor, Powell.

We don't need Samuels, D Ganga, Ramdin.

we should play young talent like Perkins (T&T) and J Cater(barbados) and a few others.

I don't know What WI cricket board is up To.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well I think they should go for Balance squad..It won't gonna help if you select 11 new players..We have seen in CB series also all Indian fiasco ended with Sachin..He won it for india..So I think C Gayle,M Samules,Bravo,Chanderpaul and Taylor they can't drop these..
Gayle because hes the power of WI..If he fires nobody else need to contribute..

Samules because there was time when Selectors should had drop him.Now He settled there..
Bravo I don't think so old for Cricket..
Taylor has been impressive throughout last year.
And Chandrapaul is back bone for WI..

When they gonna announce squad??

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
I know the ones you said Above shouldn't be Drop, that's the same thing I said.

these Shouldn't be Selected for W.I Samuels, D Ganga, Ramdin.
And Also Ryan Hinds.
that's what W.I Plan is to bring these back into the Squad.
The Sqaud will be selected this week I think.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with both of you, Samuels should have been dropped way back but now that there is nobody better to fill his spot he is in without a question and he knows that and probably doesn't put much effort into improving his game.
Ganga should be dropped for Chattergoon, Ramding can go both ways drop him or not its not a easy decision. He is a good keeper with poor bating and he needs to improve that and what he needs is another keeper in the squad to make him earn his spot.

I think that Pedro Collins would be a good addition to the team, he would balance out the speed of Taylor and Edwards with his swing and experience. He is one of the top bowlers in the Carib Beer Series.

Users who are viewing this thread