Sri Lanka in West Indies

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well Ya bro We were talking same thing...But Its still Interesting to see WI squad.I think they should go with atleast7 new faces out of 16..Other point is I am desperate to see some new fast bowler helping Taylor and Pawoel..Srilanka will be without Jayasuriya and there batting will be mostly around 2-3 bats mans like Sangakara and Jayawardane..
Hope we'll see some nice new young faces.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Windies squad announced.

West Indies squad: Chris Gayle (capt), Dwayne Bravo, Sulieman Benn, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Pedro Collins, Fidel Edwards, Ryan Hinds, Amit Jaggernauth, Darren Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Marlon Samuels, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Jerome Taylor.

Daren Sammy being left out of the squad surprised me a little but his form in domestic cricket hasn't been great. Ganga was finally left out and Chattergoon included along with uncapped spinners Benn and Jaggernauth(finally). Ryan Hinds gets called back to the team and so does Pedro Collins who i hope gets included in the test 11.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Returns of Pedro Collins...Wow.Other question is "Do they have another keeper???Ramdin has enough chances given..Ryan Hinds came back..Well I am not sure to comment on this squad until they play..

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Dropping Sammy is just silly, man they must hate that guy. Great to see Jaggernauth up.

Ramdin is a very good keeper, for that alone he should be given a lot of time to mature, rather than simply being discarded. He's also a superbly fluid strokemaker on his day, so he really just needs to work on getting good starts, moving his feet properly and playing his shots more. Basic stuff, but the raw talent is there.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well I am not saying to discard Ramdin but they need anyone else to bring in..At least they can give chance to someone..Ramdin may be not a bad raw material and hes keeping is good but he has been not consistent with his bat,,

edgefan007

School Cricketer
West Indies Squad for 1st Test :-

Gayle - Capt.
Devon Smith
R. Sarwan - V.C
M. Samuels
S. Chanderpaul
D. Bravo
D. Ramdin - W.K
J. Taylor
S. Benn
D. Powell
F. Edwards

12th:P. Collins
S. Chattergoon
A. Jaggernauth
R. Hinds

Updated Sri Lankan Test Squad :-

M. Vandort
M. Warnapura [his 2nd Test]
K. Sangakkara - V.C
M. Jayawardena - Capt.
C. Silva
T. Dilshan
P. Jayawardena - W.K
C. Vaas
C. Welegedara
M. Muralitharan
I. Amerasinghe [Test Debut]

12th:T. Thushara [Debutant Pacer]
T. Samarweera
N. Kulasekara
R. Herath

Updated Sri Lankan ODI Squad :-

M. Vandort
M. Warnapura [ODI Debut]
K. Sangakkara - V.C/W.K
M. Jayawardena - Capt.
C. Silva
T. Dilshan
C. Kapugedara
C. Vaas
C. Welegedara [ODI Debut]
Ajantha Mendis [Debutant Off-Spinner]
I. Amerasinghe

12th:T. Thushara [ODI Debut]
M. Udawatte [ODI Debut]
N. Kulasekara
M. Bandara

P.S without L. Malinga, Muralitharan, S. Jayasuriya [in the ODI frame], D. Fernando & F. Maharoof both Squads seem very weak with only 3 dependable players in Sangakkara, M. Jayawardena & Vaas.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well thanks mate for Squad..Well no Murli as I guessed..What the hell Vaas doing there???

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chris Gayle (capt) - Ofcourse great choice, but Gayle need to stand up, because recenty due to injury he isn't scoring runs.

Dwayne Bravo- There is no doubt that he will be pick, a great all rounder

Sulieman Benn- Finally, I hope he can Prove hisself, I happy to see Class spinner in the W.I after a long time.

Sewnarine Chattergoon- again no doubt about this one. He is the future Of W.I

Shivnarine Chanderpaul- Great Batsman, No doubt.

Pedro Collins- Finally Finally, I hope they give him a chance. he is one of the most sensible bowler after Taylor in W.I

Fidel Edwards- Fastest Bowler in the W.I, But need to control his Ball.

Ryan Hinds- I disagree with this one. R. Hind when he get to ths position he fail, I would of pic the New Boy, J Carter how i think is talented.

Amit Jaggernauth- Good choice, he is having a great season in regional cricket.

Darren Powell, - Yeah no doubt about him.
Denesh Ramdin (wk), I disagree, P Browne is a more better batsman than Ramdin, I tottally disagree with this.

Marlon Samuels, - it's time enough they get rid of him, they should of gotten Perkins from T&T in place of him. because right now he can't even bowl in International cricket ad his batting skills isn't all of that great.

Ramnaresh Sarwan, - Ok, choice, bu i have NO expectation from him, because one blow and he is out.

Devon Smith- Yes, he is a good choice, but i think he have gotten alot of chance, they should of pick a new person in place of him.

Jerome Taylor- One of the best Bowler W.I have got today, there is No doubt he would of been pick.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I hope WI wins this one easily. World cricket needs a strong WI team. they are sentimental fav of all cricketers.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I feel that Chattergoon needs to be given more games.Maybe he can open in the Test matches.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I hope WI wins this one easily. World cricket needs a strong WI team. they are sentimental fav of all cricketers.

You can't use the World "easily"..It'll be nice contest..Both the team are well Balanced..
Still I also want WI to do better..Interesting to see What P Collins has learned during big break from game??
Srilanka might struggle without Jayasuriya..

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies Squad for 1st Test :-

Gayle - Capt.
Devon Smith
R. Sarwan - V.C
M. Samuels
S. Chanderpaul
D. Bravo
D. Ramdin - W.K
J. Taylor
S. Benn
D. Powell
F. Edwards

12th:P. Collins
S. Chattergoon
A. Jaggernauth
R. Hinds

Updated Sri Lankan Test Squad :-

M. Vandort
M. Warnapura [his 2nd Test]
K. Sangakkara - V.C
M. Jayawardena - Capt.
C. Silva
T. Dilshan
P. Jayawardena - W.K
C. Vaas
C. Welegedara
M. Muralitharan
I. Amerasinghe [Test Debut]

12th:T. Thushara [Debutant Pacer]
T. Samarweera
N. Kulasekara
R. Herath

Updated Sri Lankan ODI Squad :-

M. Vandort
M. Warnapura [ODI Debut]
K. Sangakkara - V.C/W.K
M. Jayawardena - Capt.
C. Silva
T. Dilshan
C. Kapugedara
C. Vaas
C. Welegedara [ODI Debut]
Ajantha Mendis [Debutant Off-Spinner]
I. Amerasinghe

12th:T. Thushara [ODI Debut]
M. Udawatte [ODI Debut]
N. Kulasekara
M. Bandara

P.S without L. Malinga, Muralitharan, S. Jayasuriya [in the ODI frame], D. Fernando & F. Maharoof both Squads seem very weak with only 3 dependable players in Sangakkara, M. Jayawardena & Vaas.

Powell isn't even included in the test squad and i would rather have Jaggernuth than Benn i just think that Amit is a little better. and Vandort is not in the ODI team.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
yep this might be a bigger deal than it looks like. i wonder who will be chosen to replace him, probably Darren Powell.

Users who are viewing this thread