Sri Lanka in West Indies

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
he wont mind the conditions that are going to be favorable for pace. he has 43 wickets from 7 tests at an average of 15.72 and has owned Gayle wherever they played.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Vass definitely will be key point from Srilankan..Although their bowling mostly depend on Murli..

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
yea and Murli has also owned west Indies, he has 70 wickets from 10 matches.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well We can't say means need to see approaches from Gayle,Sarwan and Chandrapaul..If one of them will get set against murli then even murli might Struggle..
WI will be worried only about their bating..Having J Taylor in good form from past year will ease the pressure in Bowling departmen..

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Gayle,Chanders and Sarwan are obviously the most important batsman in the team but for me the performance of Bravo, Samuels and Ramdin will be the key.
all 3 of those guys have to buckle down and score runs in this series. of the 3 only Samuels did good in South Africa and that will have to change, Bravo hasn't made a big score in test in a long time and if there is ever a time for Ramdin to get a big score and maybe even a century that this is it.

West Indies (probable XI) 1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Devon Smith, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Marlon Samuels, 5 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 6 Ryan Hinds, 7 Dwayne Bravo, 8 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 9 Daren Powell, 10 Jerome Taylor, 11 Fidel Edwards.

^that is what cricinfo predicted the squad to be for West Indies, i hope that Devon Smith is not in the starting 11 because he even struggled against Zimbabwe, Chattergoon is obviously a better choice. Having Ryan Hinds in the team gives them more dept in the batting department and a spin option as well but if the pitch is even slightly favorable for spin i expect him to be out and Jaggernauth in.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka would be relaxed seeing as thew Windies are without Lara-their nemesis.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well I think whole cricket world have forgot Lara now...

EDIT:Well Srilanka have won the toss and gonna bat...WI feels good by losing it..Pitch looks like Flat and Hard enough..

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sri Lanka are playing with three new players, the West Indies are playing with one.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Srilanka have started like they are playing against Bangladesh...Very sloppy from Srilanka..Its all edges here and there..It won't take Taylor so long to get edge at slip..

EDIT:::C Gayle came to bowl 9th over..Thats why I love his Captaincy..Lol..

EDIT:What a waste of new Ball???Srilanka have forgot that they are playing test here.They have scored their first 50 even before 1st drinks..

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
wow Devon Smith is in the team, good start from sri lanka. Windies need a breakthrough really bad.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I think its time for Young Debut ant spinner..Taylor was not at his Best..WI really have wasted new ball and I don't say Openers batted so well..Now It looks like WI need to work hard for Wickets...Its hot there...

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies pacers bowling too many short balls, cant really get wickets with those.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I really don't except any reasons from WI..Its their home Pitch and home Ground..They would had count new ball early...Now in the Middle of the day arrivals of Jaya Or Sanga will be more Dangerous..Although Hope S Benn make some Impact..
Honestly Pitch is Flat ,Hard and you can say dead.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You can't say the pitch is dead until day 3 really. It's slow and hard, good for batsmen, and Sri Lanka have two good batsmen out there.

This is the first ever Test match at the Providence Stadium so they will take some time to get it right.

Brady

School Cricketer
Looks like this pitch is tailer made for the sri lankan attack

Users who are viewing this thread