Sri Lanka in West Indies

EDIT::Trust me Jaya would had never find better way to get out than ugly reverse Sweep..Thats not the Shot for test cricket Dear..Well played though..
Int resting to see now WI can restrict Srilanka before 500 or not..

yea a bit unfortunate that he go out because the ball did hit him on the gloves and not on the leg not sure if that matters but a great knock by him put his team in a really good position i think he should declare now.

No Still not Its time for Some Sloggers..lol..
These guys Hearth has go after Taylor..Man Give him 5 Wicket haul..
Still 30 runs Behind to past 500..Well Hope Vass also get some clean Hits..Its time to Entertain boys..

well there is the declaration you might see some fireworks with Gayle coming to the crease.

what i tell you Vaas is brilliant vs lefties and he has owned Gayle and got him again today.

Last edited:
Vass again owned Gayle...Good thing for WI is that Sarwan has looked good..I hope He won't miss the chance tomorrow of Scoring on this Pitch...Surely not more chances remaining for D Smith so He must have to play..

Windies could find this tough here.With Gayle gone early,they need Sarwan and Chanderpaul to stand up for them now. It is trying conditions out there fopr the bowlers,so the match could be headed towards a draw if Windies bat sensibly.

I'm betting on only two Windies to do so,maybe both could end up scoring double tons and they are capable of doing so.

Well Match has reached to interesting stage..Ya WI need 8 runs to avoid the Follow on and 1 wicket remaining..
Courageous batting from WI lower Order..

Well Thats the Nice second inning approach from WI.
Its like ViV Richards mentality..WI have go after Vass and Murli..
Interesting last day...

Oh Man Vass has left lot in international Cricket....2 Wickets from Vass and now WI in great trouble..Although they were playing nicely...Still 49 overs to left,Draw here will earn more confidence then win..

Srilanka have won it..At one stage it looked like Draw but I think Sarwan wicket was real turning point..
Very well bowled by Vass...He shows that no chance he gonna carried away with age..
Well Disappointing for WI hope they will prepare more better for 2 nd test..

I went off to sleep and i thought this will be a draw.The Windies seems to have given it away.
Btw,did anyone catch the Chanderpaul bail incident ? He broke the bail and it was firmly stuck in the pitch !

Ha ha...Don't say He broke the ball!!!!..Lol..
Anyway I have seen first time that and I am still curious to know company of the Ball????

for some reason i couldn't get into the forums yesterday.

good win for Sri Lanka they deserved it more, they got runs on a pitch that big scores were expected from and their bowlers took full advantage of it later in the day. i thought that every bowler on their team bowled well from Mirando to the two old timer Murli and Vaas, Murli bowled 30+ consecutive overs and got some key wickets.

as for the windies changes need to be made, they need to look at who the better opening partner for Gayle is i know that Smith isn't. Sarwan made two good scores on his comeback but he needs to start converting those into big hundreds and someone needs to partner him like Bravo did, i thought that Chanderpaul and Sarwan would be the mainstay but Chanders didn't play to his ability in this test.
I think that Fidel needs to be brought in for Powell unless the pitch is good for fast bowlers than he should be brought in for Hinds who does have a slight injury. Chattergoon in for Smith who once again failed miserably like he did in South Africa.
I think that Jaggernauth will be brought in for Benn who did good for his 1st test but the test is in T&T and thats Jaggernauths home so i expect him to play.

My XI for the 2nd Test in Trinidad.

Chattergoon
Gayle
Sarwan
Samuels*
Chanderpual
Bravo
Ramdin
Taylor
Jaggernauth
Powell
Edwards

I put the start or whatever you call it besides Samuels because his place in the squad seriously needs to be reconsidered. He has failed in the 1st test and there are too many things surrounding him that are a distraction to the rest of the team. In the last 25 tests that he has played in he has been a serious disappointment on and off the field and his spot should be given to some up and coming players like Xavier Marshall, Kieron Pollard and Jason Haynes.

Users who are viewing this thread